What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

TBoosh

Juniors
On a big night of the podcast, the boys are back to revel in one of the best wins in recent years by the Dragons, The superb defence, scintillating attack, how Flanagan is removing the soft underbelly and other topics are discussed.

We preview the showdown with the Roosters for ANZAC Day, where the match will be won, how big the day is and what a victory could do for the Red V.

Plus we recap the latest news (Team List review, Angus Crichton rumor, Nu Brown's new position & Dragons History. Plus Fans Corner Questions as well!

Listening now to another quality episode. I wanna smash the roosters so badly.

jackyboi90

Juniors
Was Thursday one of the most embarrassing defeats in recent memory? What response do we see from the side this week at Cronulla?

On this week's episode we recap the ANZAC Day disaster (brittle ruck defence and how the side didn't get up for one of the biggest games of the year).

Plus a look forward to Cronulla, was Flanno wise with his jabs at the Sharks? What response do we see from the forwards?

Plus latest news, fans questions and Dragons history

since77

Juniors
Was Thursday one of the most embarrassing defeats in recent memory? What response do we see from the side this week at Cronulla?

On this week's episode we recap the ANZAC Day disaster (brittle ruck defence and how the side didn't get up for one of the biggest games of the year).

Plus a look forward to Cronulla, was Flanno wise with his jabs at the Sharks? What response do we see from the forwards?

Plus latest news, fans questions and Dragons history

Listened to the podcast today. Gee those stats you quoted for the Couchman twins from last week's game certainly sounded pretty good didn't they? How on earth does Lawrie keep getting picked?
I thought Toby in particular never looked out of his depth in first grade last year.
On the other hand, last week Lawrie looked completely out of his depth. So s...l.....o.....w.......
Time to get rid of some dead wood.

jackyboi90

Juniors
Listened to the podcast today. Gee those stats you quoted for the Couchman twins from last week's game certainly sounded pretty good didn't they? How on earth does Lawrie keep getting picked?
I thought Toby in particular never looked out of his depth in first grade last year.
On the other hand, last week Lawrie looked completely out of his depth. So s...l.....o.....w.......
Time to get rid of some dead wood.
Yeah mate it’s laughable. I think both the Couchmans should be back in first grade. Young, energetic and determined.
They bend the line and gain quick play the balls. Unless flanno just wants them to develop in reserve grade? I would think that the way the forward pack is playing, he’d want those guys in?

Yeah mate it’s laughable. I think both the Couchmans should be back in first grade. Young, energetic and determined.
They bend the line and gain quick play the balls. Unless flanno just wants them to develop in reserve grade? I would think that the way the forward pack is playing, he’d want those guys in?
He has an idea of what his top 17 is. He will not depart from it unless there are injuries/suspensions. It doesn't matter how well the kids play in NSW Cup, and it doesn't matter how badly his top 17 play in first grade.

TheRev

First Grade
- Toby I think is next man up.. I dont think this time in cup is doing him any harm, but if we want to drop someone (or an injury) he's right there.. and hes in the extended squad.

- Ryan I dont see how he gets a spot unless RFM gets dropped and Leilua is injured.. I guess he could cover the middle given his brother does it... but he trains as a 2nd rower so thats where he would get picked.

- Fifita needs a total reboot, starting in NSW Cup is good for him, long minutes each week.. prove he can handle more than a short spurt.

Parko1310

Juniors
- Toby I think is next man up.. I dont think this time in cup is doing him any harm, but if we want to drop someone (or an injury) he's right there.. and hes in the extended squad.

- Ryan I dont see how he gets a spot unless RFM gets dropped and Leilua is injured.. I guess he could cover the middle given his brother does it... but he trains as a 2nd rower so thats where he would get picked.

- Fifita needs a total reboot, starting in NSW Cup is good for him, long minutes each week.. prove he can handle more than a short spurt.
Unfortunately past team selections would suggest M Molo is next up despite in my opinion being a player who is proven to be way below standard. Toby should be in for Lawrie, but I think even if Blake is dropped, it will be Molo who comes in

jackyboi90

Juniors
Another week where we have to dissect a disappointing loss.

Jack gives an impassioned plea to the management to take some pride in the club and stop letting the Dragons be a laughing stock to the other teams (and fans) in the league

We discuss the Fifita miss and why that exposes a much bigger problem for Flanagan in attracting elite talent.

Latest Dragons news, fans questions, plus more.

Another week where we have to dissect a disappointing loss.

Jack gives an impassioned plea to the management to take some pride in the club and stop letting the Dragons be a laughing stock to the other teams (and fans) in the league

We discuss the Fifita miss and why that exposes a much bigger problem for Flanagan in attracting elite talent.

Latest Dragons news, fans questions, plus more.

It's a tough time to be running media based on the Dragons. I don't know what to say... but good on you for the persistance.

That jersey fiasco, although probably insignificant to some, is a perfect showing of how little respect there is for the once famous jersey for those involved in the club's day to day. Symbolic of how nothing yet has changed.

Accepting that we will be losers for a while in the rebuild is hard enough, but with no obvious succession plan taking shape (let's face it we are failing miserably at recruitment) it's becoming unbearable for all concerned. Even the rusted on fans who want to think positively are struggling to see the light.

Anyway, I'll definitely be giving it a listen.

Great episode, Jack. That's a MUST LISTEN for all forum members.

There's nothing we can do but lament the administrators of this club who have no interest in winning football games. It is embarrassing. There's no other term for it.

There's no hero in a cape coming to save us. It will continue to be a vicious circle of people berating the players, then the coach, then rouse the board to move on to the next lame duck. That's the actual plan on the footy side of things and all the while Flanagan will throw a bit of smoke over there - sincerely, good luck to him. Not to mention the occasional win which will be used as fodder by the club to quell the outcries which fall on deaf ears anyway. They've taken mediocrity to a new level.

The plan for this club is not actually a plan at all. Your monologue was brilliant.

The Luke Lewis presentation thing is another sign of how little love there is for the club anymore.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Good on you Jack for saying what we all feel. The club has sunk lower than mediocrity & is an embarrassment.
For me, I see Flanno as nothing more than Hook 2, minus the Coke Cans. His selections are simply conservative.

The problems stem from the top all the way down & any wonder Jason Ryles bailed.
Ben Haran seems to have been there forever in his bullet proof vest.
Don’t get me started on our Captain & what a fine example he is of driving culture.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Good on you Jack for saying what we all feel. The club has sunk lower than mediocrity & is an embarrassment.
For me, I see Flanno as nothing more than Hook 2, minus the Coke Cans. His selections are simply conservative.

The problems stem from the top all the way down & any wonder Jason Ryles bailed.
Ben Haran seems to have been there forever in his bullet proof vest.
Don’t get me started on our Captain & what a fine example he is of driving culture.

Yeah but I still have faith in Flanno. Souths mates are going ballistic at their situation, and I love it. I often throw the "pride of the league" then burst out laughing jab their way. It's hilarious!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Loved the Pod this week and Jack's rant was spot on. It is becoming embarrassing as a fan these days to support this club. The Dragons are a freaking TV series, always waiting for next season. Unfortunately for us fans, the next season is similar to the previous one the last few years.

BLM01

First Grade
Hope i didn’t go too hard!
No you didnt except a bit hard on F Molo. He has been one of our best forwards this year along with Sua and JDB.
We just need to ditch the safety first hits up all the time and start to develop some 2nd phase to break teams down furthur but that is a confidence thing and Flanno knows this. He needed to teach this team basics of discipline football again which he has and starting to show. One step at a time. Jack, but yes it is a hard and frustrating watch.

Latest posts