What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds in advanced negotiations for major naming rights sponsor

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Reds in advanced negotiations for major naming rights sponsor
http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/news/?page=3&nid=2757&oid=

The WA Reds are in advanced negotiations with a major National company to take up the naming rights of the team in a three year deal worth around $400,000, Reds Chairman, Geoff Baldwin, announced today.
We are hopeful of a confirmation by the end of January but at this stage all indications have been extremely positive, Mr Baldwin said.
"Since September we have confirmed three major sponsors in SEW Eurodrive, Centre Ford and Members equity Bank plus our own company Geoff Baldwin.com Realty Group and a host of minor sponsorships so momentum is really starting to pick up from a financial support point of view.
"We have held out to secure a naming right sponsor who recognised the mutual rewards of partnering with what is essentially the only Rugby League team playing out of WA on a week by week basis in a National competition.
"Although we are unable to divulge the company it is safe to suggest that everyone will recognise the name when it is announced.
"Our marketing department is now in full swing from a sponsorship and membership point of view and details on remaining opportunities can be found by clicking on this link or phoning Richard Campbell, our Marketing Director, at the WARL, Mr Baldwin said.

Quidgybo

Bench
$400,000 over three years! That's a pretty handy sponsorship for a team playing in a remote third tier suburban comp. One assumes it will be structured on the assumption that the team will move up to a second tier comp during the life of the sponsorship and that the $400,000 figure is based on an an expected rise in the sponsorship along with that move. This is definitely a team intending to go places and the obvious dedication to making it financially viable in its own right, even as a long distance participant in a third tier comp, more than justifies every cent the ARL may end up putting in to make up the shortfall. Best wishes to all concerned.

Leigh.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
They should be looking at Bankwest.

Bankwest is expanding operations on the east coast.

There is no better vehicle (if they get to the NRL anyway) of exposure along the east coast than RL.

Quidgybo said:
$400,000 over three years! That's a pretty handy sponsorship for a team playing in a remote third tier suburban comp.

Well, to put it into perspective - it's not quite as much as the Sydney clubs will be getting from their respective Leagues Clubs over that period. The annual grant each club gets from it's Leagues Club is amount the Reds are behind the 8-Ball.

I'm happy to see that the NRL appears to be taking an interest now with the 'Reds - NRL Business Club' having been launched as well.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good positive steps forward. With the playing squad all sorted they are obviously now concentrating on getting the corporate side of the club up and running. Looking at the sponsorship packages there are some attractive options for business in there. Just wished I had a business as the 5 grand for short sponsorship looks a bargain!

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Perth Red said:
Good positive steps forward. With the playing squad all sorted they are obviously now concentrating on getting the corporate side of the club up and running. Looking at the sponsorship packages there are some attractive options for business in there. Just wished I had a business as the 5 grand for short sponsorship looks a bargain!
I have a business, but don't have $5k spare! Might go for the local club sponsorship next season of the Brothers.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
any1 hear news on who the new sponsor is? was supposed 2 be confirmed in january...hope it didnt fall through!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's good, was worried it had all fallen through. If we are to build for the Q'land cup and on to the NRL we need some solid corporate support. Nice to see the NRL person backing it and travelling over to be a part of the presentations and to get 60 business people to it is a big achievement.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
well they announced it yesterday and still havent heard anything, thought they might of had an article in the west about the business lunch and sponsor announcement.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Been disappointed in the West this week. Thought with the first home game coming up the Reds would have been pushing to get plenty of news in this week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
From http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/news/?page=3&nid=2959&oid=

In a $200,000 two year agreement, the new WA Reds Rugby League Club have confirmed Bartercard as the team’s naming rights sponsor effective immediately, Reds Chairman Geoff Baldwin announced at a Reds corporate breakfast today.

“We have had several companies seriously interested in securing the naming rights of our new team but Bartercard, who have a long history supporting our code, were a great fit for us and they recognised the value of being associated with an emerging team from Western Australia, Mr Baldwin said.

“The WA Reds will now be known as the Bartercard WA Reds and the Bartercard logo will be incorporated into the team logo and feature in all Reds promotions.

“My own real estate and settlement companies are clients of Bartercard who provide a hugely successful marketing edge and point of difference for its member businesses.

“The International Bartercard concept is increasing in popularity in Australia with over 25,000 Australian businesses now offering Bartercard as a trading option.

According to Bartercard spokesperson, Leanne St George her company is very excited about its association with the Reds and recognises the value of being the major sponsor of WA’s premier Rugby League team playing in the Sydney Jim Beam Cup competition.

“We are impressed by the passion and professionalism of the Reds management in their drive to re-establish a Western Australian based team back in the NRL and are happy to be involved in the Reds foundation year, Ms St George said.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
great news, but jeez i hope they do the logo properlly n not like the 1 they have on the tope of that page u linked us 2 perth red!

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh I am hoping that was a quickly knocked up version! I am sure if I was paying 200K I'd be expecting a bit better!

Nuke

Staff member
On the game ticket that arrived today, it's the WA Reds logo with the BarterCard logo underneath. The two aren't combined in anyway. Looks a tad disjointed, but better than whacking the BarterCard logo in the middle of the Reds logo.
waredslogo2008.jpg

__
images

I can't quite get it right in here, but this is the gist of it.

Alehana

Juniors
awesome, 1 step closer to becoming in the nrl, hope it creates heaps of media attention

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Great news. This professionalism in the NRL bids we've seen over the last few years has been great to see. It bodes well for the future.