What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing inconsistencies

Smacka

Juniors
Just watched Justin Olam launch himself like a missile at Schiller - no attempt to make a legitimate tackle - preventing a Raiders try. Nothing from the Ref or other Officials. The Commentators were praising Olam's "defence". Rava must get really pissed off looking at these decisions.
Besides that incident , the Storm are being gifted plenty of penalties & 6 agains to keep them in the game against a very spirited Canberra team.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Just watched Justin Olam launch himself like a missile at Schiller - no attempt to make a legitimate tackle - preventing a Raiders try. Nothing from the Ref or other Officials. The Commentators were praising Olam's "defence". Rava must get really pissed off looking at these decisions.
Besides that incident , the Storm are being gifted plenty of penalties & 6 agains to keep them in the game against a very spirited Canberra team.
Yes Smacka it’s stinks and it’s the purple cheats and a shit ref

thebigredv

First Grade
Said the exact same thing to a mate - Rava would get 10 weeks for that

But really I don't bat an eyelid anymore. Double standards is rife. Hopefully MRC pick up on it or dragons need to be on the phone for a please explain during the week

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How sad is that seeing Olam do what Rava has done and copped 3 suspensions for. No attempt at all to tackle. Rava has not been the same since. Same with Radley. Both punished for stuff that other players are praised for.

They have had to adjust their games and on the back of their minds are scared to do anything similar to what Olam did because they know they will get punished.

Anon

Bench
Said the exact same thing to a mate - Rava would get 10 weeks for that

But really I don't bat an eyelid anymore. Double standards is rife. Hopefully MRC pick up on it or dragons need to be on the phone for a please explain during the week

Not on the phone. They need to hold a press conference every time it happens, demanding a please explain from the NRL.

Embarrass the f#ck out them.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Love to know the answer to this - how is the 6 again calculated -
1. is it based purely on a set amount of seconds from the ref's held call or
2. is it proportional to speed of the attacking team.
If its the latter than then the game is unfairly discriminating on teams that want to play a slow game by forcing their tacklers off attacking players sooner.
I don't believe another sport penalises a team that wants to play a certain possibly slower style. Soccer doesn't penalise teams that park the bus and the AFL has not fully outlawed flooding.
A rule that has no clear measurement criteria - is a bad rule.

This Year?

Immortal
One non call goes our way and the media want to change the rule, then we get punished severely for the next 2 weeks. I know they say good teams beat bad refs, but sometimes teams get a bad call during a crucial moment and the momentum never swings back. We are one of those teams that really struggle after a conceived bad call. When that happens to a good team they just get on with it.
An even playing field would be a miracle though.

Trifili13

Juniors
Why wasn't Latrell sin binned last night for deliberately slapping The Foxx in the face when he kicked past him in a try scoring position? Now I know there were other Rabbits players covering and no way would the Foxx gotten to the ball first, but same with Wood's. There was a Dragon's player that got to the ball well before the Rooster's player.

I just realised that I mentioned Dragon's and Rooster's which answers my question why we got a sin bin for an innocuous touch which happens every time a player runs through to chase a kick.

redv13

Bench
Why wasn't Latrell sin binned last night for deliberately slapping The Foxx in the face when he kicked past him in a try scoring position? Now I know there were other Rabbits players covering and no way would the Foxx gotten to the ball first, but same with Wood's. There was a Dragon's player that got to the ball well before the Rooster's player.

I just realised that I mentioned Dragon's and Rooster's which answers my question why we got a sin bin for an innocuous touch which happens every time a player runs through to chase a kick.
Why was Cody Walker allowed to practically smack Flanagan in the face multiple times??

Why was NAS only penalised and put on report for direct shoulder contact to the face on Rapana?? Sims gets 10 in the bin vs Brisbane and we get screwed again.

Gareth67

First Grade
It just pusses me off big time at these inconsistencies , there is a definite they - the teams you throw the book at and those whom you mollycoddle and keep close to muma’s breast and we all know just whom those teams are .

That is partly why there is such a gulf between the have and the have nots clubs . The refereeing standards are disgustingly shocking and the refs themselves are in name only . The beggars always have the ‘ fail-safe ‘ bunker to rule upon any thing that is remotely controversial and once again we are aware that those mongrels are just as fallible .

Blow the bluudy thing sky high , ensure that the referees are trained correctly and are able to take full responsibility for their rulings and get those damn linesmen to earn their keep by helping the refs in anything that is illegal etc. etc.

Well that’s my two bobs worth . Rant over ! 😡

cussy

Juniors
I agree 100% the “haves” 100% get preferential treatment. Simply give a fair run of the green with penalties and consistency with rulings and it evens the playing field

Dragon David

First Grade
Dale Funicane has just smashed Stephen Creighton (who was forced off) with his head - no action.
Viliame Kikau then does a Ravalava shoulder into Tracey - no action.
WTF - clear inconsistencies in refereeing!
If it was Saints we would be two player down.
The officials watch with eagle eyes when we play but become blind officiating other teams.

Dale Funicane has just smashed Stephen Creighton (who was forced off) with his head - no action.
Viliame Kikau then does a Ravalava shoulder into Tracey - no action.
WTF - clear inconsistencies in refereeing!
If it was Saints we would be two player down.
Not to mention the swinging arm that Crichton can be grateful didn't connect. But Finucane didn't go to the bin, cos he said sorry. I thought I even saw him giving some gob to the ref about it.