What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

relax and read this

tigerdan

Juniors
pathers are leading cowboys 18-0 (what we want)
and roosters should smash raiders tommorrow
now all we have to do then is beat cowboys next week and we are garanteed a spot in the 8
why u ask???
because sharks and cowboys play eachother in the last round and only 1 of them will be able to leap frog us. So if we lose the last game, seeing raiders are like -100 the best they would do is 26 but we have a better f/a, so long story short beat cowboys and dont lose to knights by 30pts and we are 100% of a finals game. not a big ask if u think about :D

TigerMo

Juniors
Make that 34-6.. The sad thing is that F & A doesn't matter because the cowboys are on an odd number of points.

tiger_nick

Bench
Warren Ryan is giving the Cowboys an absolute gobful, they sound like they are playing disgraceful, keep the same form up boys!

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Tiger Mo said:
Make that 34-6.. The sad thing is that F & A doesn't matter because the cowboys are on an odd number of points.

Thats where you are wrong!

At the end of this round it will look like this (approximately)

7 - Cowboys (25) (-4)
8 - Tigers (24) (-4)
9 - Sharks (24) (-88)

When we win next week it will look like this (hoping that sharkies loose)

7 - Tigers (26) (+10)
8 - Cowboys (25) (-18)
9 - Sharks (24) (-90)

Then the following week later, all we need is for sharkies to win (doesnt matter about what happens against newcastle!!!!) and it will look like this:

7 - Tigers (26) (??????)
8 - Sharkies 26 (-60)
9 - Cowboys 25 (-20)

so yeah

innsaneink

Referee
...Cowboys ...-16.....25
WestsTigers....-3......24
Cronulla.........-93.....24
*raiders..........-83....22*
Knights...........-67.....22

*play today

HappyTiger

Juniors
thats news to my eyes.Certainly makes last night a little easier to take.Based on last night we can definatley win the last 2 games and assure a spot.

Michaelson

Juniors
Thing is that we can only be confident of making the finals if we win against the Cowboys, and how can we necessarily be confident of that happening? We don't have great form against them, and they are above us on the table, and they'll be coming back from a huge loss... great, I'm confident.

Another way of looking at it is that if we lose to the Cowboys, then no matter what the result between the Cowboys and Sharks in the final round we're screwed unless we beat Newcastle.

A win yesterday and we were near certs, now it's all up in the air.

Davester

Juniors
Michaelson said:
Thing is that we can only be confident of making the finals if we win against the Cowboys, and how can we necessarily be confident of that happening? We don't have great form against them, and they are above us on the table, and they'll be coming back from a huge loss... great, I'm confident.

Another way of looking at it is that if we lose to the Cowboys, then no matter what the result between the Cowboys and Sharks in the final round we're screwed unless we beat Newcastle.

Geez, aren't you a negative one. You're only seeing negative out of this. how are you sure we wont be coming back from a loss? You say we don't have a great form against them? ha! last time we played them at their home ground, we beat them 18 - 8 and kept them tryless the whole second half. Oh and about them above us on the table...you dimwit! it's a one point margin, it's not like they are ahead on the table by 4 points and their F/A is lower then ours. You're saying something that hasn't even happened yet, wait till the game is over and then have your whinge if we lose but I hope you're so wrong. This is a game played in the retro magpies jersey, it's at campbeltown, thousands of supporters will turn up...this would be the right place and the right time to nail a position in the top 8....yesterday's win would of just been an added bonus...come on, up your support on the tigers! go tigers!

tigerdan

Juniors
A MAJOR POINT
what team sacked our coach?????
what team left him treated him like shIIT????
what team would our coach love nothing more than to destroy/throw in limbo any hopes of a first finals appearance???
THIS GAME ISNT JUST A GAME, ITS PERSONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gobbso

Juniors
For the record, Sheens quit the Cowboys on his own accord, taking stress leave. Going from a team of internationals (Canberra) to a team of mainly just establish 1st Grader's (Nth QLD) was a big culture shock for him and he struggled to turn them into a successful outfit. He struggled and left.

He Had a break, refreshed and learnt alot from his failure at Nth QLD. But in saying all that, i'm sure Sheens would love to defeat one of his former club's, as any coach/player takes great satisfaction from it. This game is shaping up to be the most crucial in Wests Tigers history. Be there to witness history ladies and Gentlemen 8)

Michaelson

Juniors
Davester said:
Michaelson said:

Geez, aren't you a negative one. You're only seeing negative out of this. how are you sure we wont be coming back from a loss? You say we don't have a great form against them? ha! last time we played them at their home ground, we beat them 18 - 8 and kept them tryless the whole second half. Oh and about them above us on the table...you dimwit! it's a one point margin, it's not like they are ahead on the table by 4 points and their F/A is lower then ours. You're saying something that hasn't even happened yet, wait till the game is over and then have your whinge if we lose but I hope you're so wrong. This is a game played in the retro magpies jersey, it's at campbeltown, thousands of supporters will turn up...this would be the right place and the right time to nail a position in the top 8....yesterday's win would of just been an added bonus...come on, up your support on the tigers! go tigers!

If you don't bloody mind, I know we can still win. No kidding. There are obviously things going in our favour for next week. It's not all peachy, though. If we'd won last night, as we deserved to, then everything would be fine. I'm just saying, re: the title of this thread, that I can't relax just because we now have to win 1 out of 2 games instead of 1 out of 3. We deserved last night's win, as such we deserved a birth in the finals for the first time (for a Tigers side) since 1990. We had that taken away from us, and now it's still up in the air. I'm pissed off.

Kid

Juniors
innsaneink said:
...Cowboys ...-16.....25
WestsTigers....-3......24
Cronulla.........-93.....24
*raiders..........-83....22*
Knights...........-67.....22

*play today
So if the Raiders win today, they will go to 24 points, with a Bye next week and Souths in the last round. Basically to 28 points, so if the Cowboys win 1 of their last 2, it would mean we have to win both. The Roosters can do us a big favour today, we need it, C'mon Roosters!!!!!!

Latest posts