What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remember when...

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
qldwinger2_1971_zpshssbgch4.jpg

guess who?

Looks like the most successful NRL coach of all time

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I thought Melbourne were stripped of their titles? Meaning he has 1.

edit: Actually let's play along and say they count. That'd mean Bellamy only has 3 - 2007, 2009, 2012.

Bennett has 4 - 1998, 2000, 2006, 2010.

You lose either way, lol.

Last edited:

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Which would be asterisked at best due to the salary cap issue.

Even if it wasn't, Bellamy would be the winningest (possibly the worst word in the english language), not the most successful.

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
How blurry and grainy is that photo of Bennett though? Must have been shot by the same photographer who does Big Foot's media shots.

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
bit like ios and android today, vhs was more popular but not necessarily the better technology :p

So very true. You are a wise one Craig Johnson.

Back on Topic though. I remember when Noel Goldthorpe kicked a field goal in the Super League Tri Series in the 101st minute to win the game. Was then rested on the following weekend with Brett Kimmorley taking his place. That was Goldthorpe's career pinnacle

588377-noel-goldthorpe.jpg

mongoose

Coach
can't find any pics but who remembers the Queensland footy show? i think it may have been hosted by chris bombolas?

Incorrect

Coach
can't find any pics but who remembers the Queensland footy show? i think it may have been hosted by chris bombolas?

Does anyone remember channel 7 launched a league show in prime time to rival 9's footy show? Would have been mid to late 90's maybe? It was hosted by some quasi comedian/actor dude... I can still remember the guys face, but I can't remember who the other regulars were... From memory it lasted barely half a season.

I remember Sterlo on the Footy Show once saying that the respective crews from the channel 9 and channel 7 shows played a game of footy against each other and the 9 crew won something like 40-4 and Sterlo goes - "40 to 4... sounds more like the ratings" :lol:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Does anyone remember channel 7 launched a league show in prime time to rival 9's footy show? Would have been mid to late 90's maybe? It was hosted by some quasi comedian/actor dude... I can still remember the guys face, but I can't remember who the other regulars were... From memory it lasted barely half a season.

I remember Sterlo on the Footy Show once saying that the respective crews from the channel 9 and channel 7 shows played a game of footy against each other and the 9 crew won something like 40-4 and Sterlo goes - "40 to 4... sounds more like the ratings" :lol:

here it is ;)

Matty_Johns_and_Shane_Webcke.jpg

Bulldog Force

Referee

It was called The Hard Yards.

davi

Juniors
Brisbane Footy Show hosted by Chris Bombolas, and other panelists were Mario Fenech, Kevin Walters, Gary Belcher, Tony Durkin and the late Peter Jackson from 1993-1995??? The showed aired for a couple of years but was cancelled because Channel nine thought it was a waste of money having both a QLD and NSW footy show.

0.jpg

0.jpg

Here's a clip of it with Mario Fenech and John Ribot going toe to toe about Superleague.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQK2BM8sRiU