What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rendition on the Anthem & Haka

TashaMatiu

Juniors
McCaw & Williams can be perceived however they like by fans that only contribute answers in forums.

The main thing is that they do it because it's part of NZ's history and they respect the country & the game. You need to see it from a different perspective ... The haka has been used in NZ for hundreds of years and it's not just our rugby & rugby league sides doing the haka, all the media attention that it causes is just because other countries don't whole heartedly understand its foundations.

You can cringe all you like at who's doing it and what they look like, It isn't going anywhere so deal with it. I don't think Richie McCaw & Williams will be checking in on forums to see who thinks they look stupid they couldn't give a sh*t what you think & neither do we.

You're an idiot because saying the white people doing the haka looks like whiggas is just plain IGNORANT. There are white people in NZ with maori heritage and even if they didn't have any NZ heritage there are players in the ALL BLACKS which are pacific islanders who have their own cultural war dances yet play every game for the all blacks & do the haka because it's just how it goes. Who gives a sh*t what nationality you are if you are willing to embrace the haka & perform it then all well and good & if you don't like watching it if other races are doing it then change the goddam channel is that too hard for you?

screeny

Bench
i think your main problem is moving past this Kiwis V All Blacks thing...

just so you know mate.... im a huge Kiwi RL fan... have been forever... if you read my signature correctly youl see im mocking the Kangaroos... not the kiwis.
Good on ya...and you're also belittling RL as a whole with your signature. But that's your prerogative.

most New Zealanders love both sides doing the haka... i had hair stand up on the back of my neck when Adam Blair led that haka in the final... it was awesome....
Excellent. And as much as most NZers are allowed their opinion, so are most non-NZers, and this one happens to have the opinion that Williams and McCaw look like idiots.

but for people who admit to being ignorant of our culture to come out and say the Kiwis do it better than the All Blacks is just arrogant.
I haven't said that. Stop putting words into my mouth. And if I do think it looks better (which I do because it doesn't have Williams and McCaw in it) that's my opinion.

were just pointing out that if your going to nitpick on how each side does it the All Blacks win hands down.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who are Maori who would disagree with you. Members of the Kiwis to name a few.

all youve done is use our culture to score cheap points in some stupid Rugby V League argument...
bullsh*t. No I haven't. I am genuinely interested in Maori culture and have read, while not extensively, some material on Maori history. I just happen to think Williams and McCaw look like penises. That was my comment which seems to have bated some on here into pretending that I've assaulted Maori culture.

screeny

Bench
Well then that makes you a troll in this thread... it seems everybody is arguing that your opinion of The Haka is full of sh*t.
I've been clear in what I've said, if you want to twist it it's up to you.

Crap... they were pointing out your lack of knowledge of anything Kapa Haka related... You said the All Blacks Haka was crap because of the white guys... they, and I, said it wasnt as it was being done correctly.. and they pointed out that the Kiwis one was being performed incorrectly... not to put it down... but to point out that you know sh*t about Kapa Haka.
I've openly admitted interest - which is genuine, whether you care to believe it or not I care not - in Maori culture.

I didn't say the AB haka was crap. I said Williams and McCaw look like morons/penises. I stand by that. You think they look ace and are technically perfect exponents of the haka.

To my knowledge nobody has asked him about the Kiwis haka... why dont you send him an email and ask him.
I looked up some haka information on the net on your advice. You brought up this poltician, not me, so you ask him.

bullsh*t... you denegrated The All Blacks Haka saying it was crap becuase the non Maori i.e Williams and McCaw where trying to be Maori... when in fact they were doing the Haka as it was supposed to be done...
Yeah they look like pricks in my opinion. I should add, by way of edit, that I am referring to only those two players, for want of being excoriated on here by the Fayadeen All Blacks.

NOBODY in in this thread is criticising the Kiwis achievement... you are lieing to deflect your pathetic arguments.... everybody is proud of what the kiwis have achieved...
Yeah yeah yeah I'm lying. Where?

No one more proud of the Kiwis than me. Now you continue making sure they don't score points over the ABs.

Last edited:

screeny

Bench
thats EXACTLY what he has done... nobody else seems to be doing it... just him.

bullsh*t. If I was denegrating Maori culture I'd be casting sly digs at Luke and Blair etc. when in fact all I've done is say (a) Williams and McCaw look like penises, and (b) there's more aggression in the ABs haka than there is in the game of RU that follows it.

screeny

Bench
McCaw & Williams can be perceived however they like by fans that only contribute answers in forums.

The main thing is that they do it because it's part of NZ's history and they respect the country & the game. You need to see it from a different perspective ... The haka has been used in NZ for hundreds of years and it's not just our rugby & rugby league sides doing the haka, all the media attention that it causes is just because other countries don't whole heartedly understand its foundations.

You can cringe all you like at who's doing it and what they look like, It isn't going anywhere so deal with it. I don't think Richie McCaw & Williams will be checking in on forums to see who thinks they look stupid they couldn't give a sh*t what you think & neither do we.

You're an idiot because saying the white people doing the haka looks like whiggas is just plain IGNORANT. There are white people in NZ with maori heritage and even if they didn't have any NZ heritage there are players in the ALL BLACKS which are pacific islanders who have their own cultural war dances yet play every game for the all blacks & do the haka because it's just how it goes. Who gives a sh*t what nationality you are if you are willing to embrace the haka & perform it then all well and good & if you don't like watching it if other races are doing it then change the goddam channel is that too hard for you?

In all honesty I have changed the channel in the past when the AB haka has been on the telly purely because I cringe when the two I've mentioned appear.

We've all experienced cringeworthy TV that makes your skin crawl with embarrassment....to me this is one great example.

Some of the lads on here have been critical of the way some Kiwis are doing the haka, which I think is a bit rich and a default pro-AB setting that some posters on here seem to be programmed with.

Loudstrat

Coach
i think your main problem is moving past this Kiwis V All Blacks thing.........but for people who admit to being ignorant of our culture to come out and say the Kiwis do it better than the All Blacks is just arrogant.
You twat. This argument was started because because a handful of Yawnion knobs trolled this thread and started with the "Bore Blacks do it better" crap. Go back and read page one. Apart from a yawnion f*tard in post #13, have a look at the spirit of admiration for the pride in the COMBINATION of the NZ national anthum and their haka.

were just pointing out that if your going to nitpick on how each side does it the All Blacks win hands down.

And that's NOT arrogant? You are not just hypocritical, but also pathetic as well. Do the bore blacks wipe thir arse better as well?

all youve done is use our culture to score cheap points in some stupid Rugby V League argument...
:lol::lol:

FFS, a committee consisting of Locky No 1, Dangertwat, Mark 123 and Razor couldn't come up with anything more hypocritical. The friggin Awl Blicks shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread, and only is by ywanion f*cktards who can't kandle the fact that the Kiwis are world champs, and have beaten the best team from bot codes in the last 30 years!!!!!!!!!!

Loudstrat

Coach
In all honesty I have changed the channel in the past when the AB haka has been on the telly purely because I cringe when the two I've mentioned appear.

We've all experienced cringeworthy TV that makes your skin crawl with embarrassment....to me this is one great example.

Some of the lads on here have been critical of the way some Kiwis are doing the haka, which I think is a bit rich and a default pro-AB setting that some posters on here seem to be programmed with.

Yawnion geniuss :lol:

Obviously not many Yawnion forums around for them to orgasm on.

The Snore Blicks haka seems exciting compared to the tedious dirge that follows it. Doing the haka before a yawnion match is like doing a haka before a game of chess. At least it keeps the crowd awake for 5 minutes, plus another 5 as 15 fat Yawnion slobs wheeze heavily after the effort.

Do you lot do the haka before knitting?

shinobi

Juniors

Look Screeny the people on here being critical of the way the Kiwis do the haka are people that know a thing or two about kapa haka and not just from what theyve seen the All Blacks or the Kiwis do. Its got nothing to do with League vs Union and everything to do with the correct way of doing a haka which as you have been told numerous times is better performed by the All Blacks.

And whoever it is that posted those Hawaiian college football haka must be joking.

screeny

Bench
Look Screeny the people on here being critical of the way the Kiwis do the haka are people that know a thing or two about kapa haka and not just from what theyve seen the All Blacks or the Kiwis do. Its got nothing to do with League vs Union and everything to do with the correct way of doing a haka which as you have been told numerous times is better performed by the All Blacks.

And whoever it is that posted those Hawaiian college football haka must be joking.

But, my good man, therein lies the inherent arrogance: these people are implicitly accusing the NZ camp of being less than au fait with the haka.

Don't you think there are people in the Kiwi camp who are every bit as traditional or custom-orientated as those in the AB camp? Your penultimate line is a gem: some of you lot have told me the ABs do it better, but I bet there are those in the Kiwi camp and NZ RL camp who would dispute that.

The rah rah infidels, as Loustrat said, brought up the AB haka on a thread glorifying the Kiwis just to put the latter down (it's the default pro-AB setting I referred to), and have continued to do so ever since - not to mention conjuring up arguments they'd like me to have said to fuel their fury.

screeny

Bench
Yawnion geniuss :lol:

Obviously not many Yawnion forums around for them to orgasm on.

The Snore Blicks haka seems exciting compared to the tedious dirge that follows it. Doing the haka before a yawnion match is like doing a haka before a game of chess. At least it keeps the crowd awake for 5 minutes, plus another 5 as 15 fat Yawnion slobs wheeze heavily after the effort.

Do you lot do the haka before knitting?

Well that was one of the two points I was, and have been, making: that there's more aggression in the AB's haka than the actual match, and that Williams and McCaw look like lollipopers.

Some of the fedayeen All Blacks on here have decided to turn that into an all out assault by me on Maori culture - their preference, not mine.

All contributors to this thread have expressed nothing but respect for Maori culture.

Te Kaha

First Grade
screeny said:
I've been clear in what I've said, if you want to twist it it's up to you.
twist it?? here is exactly what you have said in various posts
screeny said:
Firstly it's always done by loads of white fellas who, like McCaw and Williams, pretend they're Maoris and get all Exorcist, possessed and sh*t. That's embarrassing and laughable
Yesterday's was more moronic when Wales showed how tough they were by not backing down, resulting in a feeble face-off for 45 seconds or something. Then they got on with their meaningless match of powderpuff intensity. As usual.
They're not maoris and they look like absolute penises. I cringe with embarrassment when the likes of Williams and McCaw pretend they're acting as direct conduits from their ancestors (or whatever the haka spirit is meant to entail, I am indeed ignorant to its spiritual meaning). It's like the NZ equivalent of white fellas in the USA acting like black chaps from the projects...the accepted term is whiggas I believe.
To me he looks like a lanky streak of piss with a mullet pretending to be a Maori and I cringe with embarrassment. I am sorry for not thinking exactly the same as you, champ.
See above. To me they look stupid and are pretending to be something they're not
This is nothing about Rugby vs. League and entirely about your total lack of any knowledge of Kapa Haka. You repeatedly attacked McCaw and Williams for being "Penises/Morons", when you had no bases to do so, they are doing the haka as they were taught and as it SHOULD be done, it has nothing about being Maori or being "direct conduits of their ancestors" thats just ignorant.

screeny said:
I've openly admitted interest - which is genuine, whether you care to believe it or not I care not - in Maori culture.

I didn't say the AB haka was crap. I said Williams and McCaw look like morons/penises. I stand by that. You think they look ace and are technically perfect exponents of the haka.

I looked up some haka information on the net on your advice. You brought up this poltician, not me, so you ask him.

Yeah they look like pricks in my opinion. I should add, by way of edit, that I am referring to only those two players, for want of being excoriated on here by the Fayadeen All Blacks.
Its not what i think but what is correct and accurate. Williams and McCaw are doing the Haka as it SHOULD be done.. you thinking they look like morons doing it is your opinion, telling everyone you think that IS showing dissrespect to them and by extension Maori culture, as what they are doing is what they should be doing. All you show is you know nothing.

screeny said:
Yeah yeah yeah I'm lying. Where?

No one more proud of the Kiwis than me. Now you continue making sure they don't score points over the ABs.
Yes you are lying.. Where has ANYBODY in this thread denegrated the Kiwis world cup win???? if you cant find anyone... yes you are a liar.

Loudstrat

Coach
This whole haijacking of theis thread is putting down the Kiwis world cup win.

Theme of thread
Before trolls: Wow - wasn't the rendition of God Defend New Zealand, and the Kiwis Haka fantastic? What pride and passion they have for that country!!!!

After trolls: The Kiwi haka is a sham because Richie McCall learned it the proper way, like all maories, except those who play for the Kiwis, because they lead from the front unlike brave maori warrors who lead by hiding behind their mates, because my haka teacher said so before he kiched me out.

Typical Union f*ckwit. Piss off back to your masterbating session about how the Snore Blacks iron their skirts better.

You tossers can't bask in your nations proudest moment in a decade. To you knobs, pride in your country is second to your need to put League down. What a disgrace. I'm sure Nathan Calyess lies awake at night worrying if he got the friggin haka as good as some fat Yawnion slob!!!!!!!

screeny

Bench
twist it?? here is exactly what you have said in various posts

This is nothing about Rugby vs. League and entirely about your total lack of any knowledge of Kapa Haka. You repeatedly attacked McCaw and Williams for being "Penises/Morons", when you had no bases to do so, they are doing the haka as they were taught and as it SHOULD be done, it has nothing about being Maori or being "direct conduits of their ancestors" thats just ignorant.
Note the immediate reference to the two fellows who have featured heavily in this thread (in my quote).

"When I had no basis to do so"...so I'm not allowed to think they look like penises/morons?

As for the 'conduit...ancestors' line I mentioned that as I saw it in Once Were Warriors when they were practising the haka. Like I said, I'm not an expert on the haka (nor have I pretended to be). No doubt you will now pour scorn on me for having watched that film and using it as a reference.

Its not what i think but what is correct and accurate. Williams and McCaw are doing the Haka as it SHOULD be done.. you thinking they look like morons doing it is your opinion, telling everyone you think that IS showing dissrespect to them and by extension Maori culture, as what they are doing is what they should be doing. All you show is you know nothing.
And you and the fedayeen ABs telling Luke and Blair et al they're doing it wrong isn't disresectful to them?

Yes you are lying.. Where has ANYBODY in this thread denegrated the Kiwis world cup win???? if you cant find anyone... yes you are a liar.
You really are quite pathetic, and I mean that earnestly, having to lash out so often and so weakly. "yes you are a liar"....oh please. Get a grip man.

The decision on this thread of some to bring the ABs into it and say 'they're better than the kiwis' could be construed as denegrating, in some small way, the Kiwis' WC win. In a thread dedicated to a glorious aspect of their victory, you and others have chosen to criticise their knowledge of Maori custom and the individual exponents of that custom.

Loudstrat

Coach
Well that was one of the two points I was, and have been, making: that there's more aggression in the AB's haka than the actual match, and that Williams and McCaw look like lollipopers.

Some of the fedayeen All Blacks on here have decided to turn that into an all out assault by me on Maori culture - their preference, not mine.

All contributors to this thread have expressed nothing but respect for Maori culture.

Mate, if maori culture puts Union before national pride, their culture is not worth pissing on. These twats forget that Union is the sport of the British Aristocracy that invaded their land and stripped them of their traditional lifestyle.

Therefore, by adopting the ways of the British Aristocracy, they have sold out their maori culture.

I'm sure TRUE maoris place national/cultural pride before some pommy fat slobs sport.

Indiginous culture across Oceania are wonderful things which we all can be proud of, lean much from, and should cultrivate for the generations to come. Not use them in a pissant attempot to attack League.

Rugby League is a classic example of honouring the indiginous cultures of it's regions. The Aboriginal haka was oinly used by League sides to honour the ancesters of the Dreamtime. Our world cup showcased Indigenous talent. It allowed Indigenous leaders to welcome the world in their way - with a smoking ceremony. Of course, the first Indigenous person to captain Australia did so in a League jersey.

THAT is honouring indigenous culture. Not this Maori sellout to the Bore Blacks.

Last edited:

screeny

Bench
Mate, if maori culture puts Union before national pride, their culture is not worth pissing on. These twats forget that Union is the sport of the British Aristocracy that invaded their land and stripped them of their traditional lifestyle.

Therefore, by adopting the ways of the British Aristocracy, they have sold out their maori culture.

I'm sure TRUE maoris place national/cultural pride before some pommy fat slobs sport.

Indiginous culture across Oceania are wonderful things which we all can be proud of, lean much from, and should cultrivate for the generations to come. Not use them in a pissant attempot to attack League.

Not sure if I agree entirely as I often put RL before my being British. For example, I support France over England in RL, and I certainly hate England RU and hope they lose to everyone.

What gets me about some so called NZ RL fans on here is that they won't tolerate any criticism of the ABs while at the same time saying "I love RL me, but....". Then they get all precious and abusive, the insecure loveys.

This thread is a case in point.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes, but if the poms won the world cup in soccer, would your reaction be to say that Morley, Burrow and Senior could sing God Save the Queen better?

Te Kaha

First Grade
screeny said:
Note the immediate reference to the two fellows who have featured heavily in this thread (in my quote).

"When I had no basis to do so"...so I'm not allowed to think they look like penises/morons?
Of course you are allowed to think that dumbarse... but by saying they are, when in FACT they are performing the Haka CORRECTLY, is denigrating the culture behind it... get it thru your thick skull.

screeny said:
As for the 'conduit...ancestors' line I mentioned that as I saw it in Once Were Warriors when they were practising the haka. Like I said, I'm not an expert on the haka (nor have I pretended to be). No doubt you will now pour scorn on me for having watched that film and using it as a reference.
if a FICTIONAL film is the basis of your argument.. then yes you deserve "scorn" poured on you.

screeny said:
And you and the fedayeen ABs telling Luke and Blair et al they're doing it wrong isn't disresectful to them?
They are performing Ka Mate in a non traditional way, one that according to culteral beliefs is WRONG, that is not being disrespectful... oh and has anybody in this thread come out and said they should stop doing it???

screeny said:
You really are quite pathetic, and I mean that earnestly, having to lash out so often and so weakly. "yes you are a liar"....oh please. Get a grip man.
Well liar.. prove me wrong... you cant you lied in this thread and now you are trying to deflect from that.

screeny said:
The decision on this thread of some to bring the ABs into it and say 'they're better than the kiwis' could be construed as denegrating, in some small way, the Kiwis' WC win. In a thread dedicated to a glorious aspect of their victory, you and others have chosen to criticise their knowledge of Maori custom and the individual exponents of that custom.
bullsh*t... yet more deflection. ONE poster said he thought the All Blacks one was better... MOST others who know anything about Kapa Haka thought BOTH were great... then YOU, being the simplistic rugby hating troll that you are, jumped in and started bashing the All Blacks Haka based on your pathetic ignorant predjudices... NOBODY is having ago at the Kiwis achievement, you as has been pointed out, are knocking an aspect of my culture to try and score points in a pointless Rugby vs. League argument

Te Kaha

First Grade
Not sure if I agree entirely as I often put RL before my being British. For example, I support France over England in RL, and I certainly hate England RU and hope they lose to everyone.

What gets me about some so called NZ RL fans on here is that they won't tolerate any criticism of the ABs while at the same time saying "I love RL me, but....". Then they get all precious and abusive, the insecure loveys.

This thread is a case in point.
Ahh just about the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

In-goal

Bench
I'm surprised no one has done the black cat and stated that samoa do it best LOL.

Why was the Kiwi Haka different in the opening match in comparison to the final?

Te Kaha

First Grade
I'm surprised no one has done the black cat and stated that samoa do it best LOL.

Why was the Kiwi Haka different in the opening match in comparison to the final?

probably because the Samoans dont preform a haka.. they perform the Siva tau like the tongans perform the sepi tau...

And there are countless Different Haka, Ka Mate is mearly the most well known.

Latest posts