What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rent-a-Chant?

It's bad enough that Roosters Marketing feel they have to put up those MAKE SOME NOISE ROOSTERS FANS (or whatever those signs say) on the big screen at the game, especially when the idiot on the button does it when we knock on or something... but the other day at the Manly game took the cake for me.

They had a pre-recorded Roosters chant being played over the speaker system at the stadium. It got me at first. All of a sudden this massive chant goes up but nobody's cheering.

One word: Embarrassing. :eek:

Danish

Referee
Yep, the pre-recorded chant bullshit has to stop NOW.

Parra have been doing it for years, and pretty much all fans think it is a joke when it comes on at their stadium.

Truly embarrassing stuff

2 or 3 years ago they snuck it in mixed into that shitty song they used to play pre-game but now this is even worse. I can deal with the make some noise but the recorded chant is embarrassing & even worse because the crowd is usually loud anyway.

Atleast we know the PA system finally works lol

gUt

Coach
The pre-recorded chant actually sounds pretty good on the TV because its echos bounce around the completely empty stadium.

Maybe I just haven't noticed before but it looked like there were new speakers above us last week & I could finally hear jimmy smith lol

Geohood

Bench
The first time I noticed the chant was Anzac day last year. Hilarious every time haha