What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Results for the day (All Club/School Cricket Results Here)

Red Bear

Referee
Last saturday we won. They got 129 n i got 3/18 of 6 overs. We then got the runs 2 down thanks to a 110 run partnership between our number 3 n 4.
Just had 5 days in a rown of cricket at armidale. Our rep team won 4/5 games and came 3rd in a rigged draw ;-) During the week i bolwed 15 overs picked up 3 wickets n went for 19 runs. Yesterday in the match for 3rd i got 46 opening the batting and 2/5 off 5 overs n also got a run out. Our team which usually cant bat for shit got 209 off 38 overs.

beef

Juniors
Ok last night i went to watch a 40 over match which is played like a day/night game. Our side batted first, the opener got in the 40 overs 254no! Think about that. 240 balls all up. Team total was 379, so thats about 120 odd runs that werent scored by him. Which means he scored his 254 from about 150 or so balls. Thats an effort if you ask me.

Earl

Coach
We scraped home today, to remain undefeated.

I took 4 catches, got 2/0 and scored 16 runs.

:lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Playing at North Sydney Oval AJ? Would love to play at that ground.
Today i opened the batting in 16's and got 17. Our best batsmen got 59 n we ended up with 179 of 30 overs, which we managed to defend in a close game. I got 0/16 off my 6 overs on an absolute f**k off pitch. fielded pretty poor but you get that. After 5 days in a rown of turf it was hard to re adjust to synthetic.

Preniers

Juniors
You play 16s on synthetic, in Campbelltown our 16's is held on Sunday's and played on Turf, where as all other juniors play Saturday mornings on Synthetic. This is good as I play 15s and 16s now.

Red Bear

Referee
Yeah we play 16's on Synthetic which is kinda lame. It's a good comp tho cos 16's and 15's is combined with 15's and 16's from south coast so the best players from both areas and age groups are in it, excellent competition.

Earl

Coach
We won. Again. Still undefeated.

They batted out their 40 overs 9/117.

I didn't take any catches in 40 overs :( . First time this year I've missed out.

We then got the runs easily. I got 11, including a six of the 3rd ball of the game :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
first day of two dayer. We got them out for 131(shoulda got em out for less dropped catches and i fielded shithouse). I bowled orright but didnt get a wicket - 0-10 of 6 overs. We are 2-17 n reply and i got out for 2 which sucked arse. Caught behind. We should win tho.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
got 34 batting at No 3

we made 256 and should bowl them out under than next week, they are currently first and we are third.

[furrycat]

Coach
We played a Twenty20 game because of the rain... 4 overs... 4/51 :lol: Geez it sucks bowling in Twenty20 i'll tell you that

Prodigiousman

Juniors
We played the competition leaders and won the toss and batted. I was slated to open the batting but alas after finally convincing my parents they should watch their son play cricket at least one day in his life, they decided to go get some lunch up the shops before play started at 1pm. But life isn't always kind and they proceded to miss the start of play and finally rocked up at 1:15pm. Now that isn't all bad if I wasn't supposed to be opening the batting... and all my gear just happened to be stowed in the back of their car. Now the car was still in the carpark but you see the keys were with the parents... and they didn't exactly tell me A. where they were going and B. whta direction they went!

Needless to say this 24 year old cricketer copped it royally from his teammates who while sharing some understanding didn't let me forget about it all day...

eventually they returned and I batted at 5... and got 5... bad shot 2 balls before drinks - goose.... we rallied around a great innings of 55* from our 15 year old keeper to reach 8/156 off our 40 overs. About 30-50 runs short of a winning total on a very good wicket for batting.

We only had 4 bowlers to bowl out the 40 overs (10 over max) but one bowler is U19 and limited to an 8 over spell - thus effectively meaning we needed to find 2 overs from a non-bowler.

We started brilliantly, had the batting heavy opposition 4/30 off 14 overs. Eventually turning the screws and snuffing out some late resisitance to bowl them out for 95. I returned 7 overs, 3 maidens, 2 wickets for 14 runs.

Against the competition leaders who had lost only once all year (and comprehensively beaten us last time around - they beat us up for only 44!! chasing 150) to beat them this way was huge, we are now just out of the Top 4 by a point but our quotient is 2nd best in the competition meaning we are still a genuine shot at 2nd or 3rd if results go our way.

The moral of this story is don't drive with your parents or at the very least take your gear out of the car the moment you get to the ground!!!

Earl

Coach
We remained undefeated today.

We bowled them out for 54, with me taking 3/3 :badgrin:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
played an indoor final last night

we played the second team, they made -18

we made 90

I think we're a show in the GF next week :D

Bazal

Post Whore
Played an in-club Twenty20 after firsts and thirds both won on forfeits, with the losing side to shout the winners drinks. With that wonderful incentive, I opened for my side, wound up 65*. Finally found some form after over a year of doing f&*k all. We set 143 off our 20, bowled the opposition side out for 112, of which I took 2/19 off my four overs. I like this Twenty20 gig :D

Earl

Coach
Last week we wrapped up the Minor Premiership with 4 weeks remaining. We are undefeated though.

Playing against the team running second (despite being 14 points behind us on the ladder) we bowled them out for 131. I took 2/18 of 5 overs. It was a terrific spell, and quite economic considering the openers went for 38 and 49 from their 8 over spells.

My season bowling figures are now 7/21 0f 11 :lol: :clap: :clap:

Anyway, we got the runs, but not before a trademark collapse. I managed 4 :(

Red Bear

Referee
We got em out for 115 or so, and ar 3/40 in reply.
I got 5/7 off 5.1 overs and got out for two opening the batting which sucked.

Latest posts