What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride Em Cowboy

Fangs

Coach
Big game. Pending results this weekend the Cows are still a chance at the finals. They'll play to win.

Eagerly awaiting the team list on Tuesday. I assume Edwards and Turuva back but not sure on the rest. That loss to the Eels might have changed our plans a bit.

Cogger my 6. Salmon back on the bench too I'd like to see him get some time.

Fangs

Coach
100% mate. Salmon has done very well for us at 6 and is a bigger body in D. Cogger D is awful.

My issue is we have seen both of them get burnt on the outside. To be expected but not too reassuring.

Cogger has looked a better fit in attack. I'm leaning his way. Also better 7 cover if Cleary went down (Let's hope not...).

soc123_au

Staff member
My issue is we have seen both of them get burnt on the outside. To be expected but not too reassuring.

Cogger has looked a better fit in attack. I'm leaning his way. Also better 7 cover if Cleary went down (Let's hope not...).
If Nath goes down with no Luai we are well f**ked. Salmon defending at 6 is ok, not as good as Luai, but you can work with it.

Fangs

Coach
If Nath goes down with no Luai we are well f**ked. Salmon defending at 6 is ok, not as good as Luai, but you can work with it.

You can't plan for every contingency. But we need to be a level above Freddy playing Cook at centre.

Defence wins premierships so it might be Salmon. But I hold him in the same regard as Cogger in that area. I see a bigger improvement in attack with Cogger. We had more points in us last night just didn't have our usuals at centre/wing. Cogger slotted in well.

martielang

Bench
I'd rather see Salmondo at 6. Cogger is too much of a wish version of Nath, need the point of difference. Besides it would give @martielang something for the spank bank.

I'll need to make some more room for him.

I'd go Salmondo at 6 too. The dog fish has just got to show and go or shift early to Peach/Tago and sniff around for an offload. Very complex game plan.

Plenty of faith in Cogs at 7 as a backup, but he doesn't do it for me at 6. Think you nailed it with your reason why. Wouldn't be adverse to having him on the bench for Luke and then he can cover Salmondo should it not work out or give Kenny a breather.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm on the Salmon at 6 crew. Luai 4 weeks he will be back and please no Peachy
The best case of 4 weeks would have Luai back for the prelim. Assuming week 1 starts now.

Week 1 win is a must and I'd be having Salmon on the bench for the prelim in case Luai's arm falls off mid game. Kenny will have to play 80 and Soni Luke can cheer on from the grandstand.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'll need to make some more room for him.

I'd go Salmondo at 6 too. The dog fish has just got to show and go or shift early to Peach/Tago and sniff around for an offload. Very complex game plan.

Plenty of faith in Cogs at 7 as a backup, but he doesn't do it for me at 6. Think you nailed it with your reason why. Wouldn't be adverse to having him on the bench for Luke and then he can cover Salmondo should it not work out or give Kenny a breather.

Will be interesting to see if Salmon is pulled from this weekend's game in preparation for this.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
The best case of 4 weeks would have Luai back for the prelim. Assuming week 1 starts now.

Week 1 win is a must and I'd be having Salmon on the bench for the prelim in case Luai's arm falls off mid game. Kenny will have to play 80 and Soni Luke can cheer on from the grandstand.
100% it is 2021 repeating for when Nathan had his done.