What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rieck out

Special K

Coach
booo. Rieck was great last week, his best game I have ever seen him play.

atleast Saleh is proving to be a handy pick up for what money he is on. Otherwise a unready Pelo might have to go up.

He injured his ankle and knee. So we didn't do to bad with a makeshift backline tonight. I thought Simmons did a good job in his debut.

Jimbo

Immortal
Had a quick yarn with Stinks after the game. He said he could probably have played, but they were just being conservative.

Same deal with Vagana. They'll both play next week

:D

Houdini

First Grade
What happened to Rieck? I didn't even know he was out until I heard it announced at the ground just before the game?

Thats great news if both Vagana and Rieck will be back next week. Any news on when Merrit is due back?
I can see points galore scored against Souths if we have our speedsters back

Jimbo

Immortal
Rieck strained his hamstring.

Not sure what's doing with Merritt, I didn't think to ask...

Foz

Bench
I think a lot of people are under rating Saleh. Either that or I'm over rating him.
I dont think the guys done much wrong at all.
Remember he's come from the worst three quarter line in the comp when it comes to defence.
I thought he got a stiff deal with that mob last year (as soon as Blacklock came back he didnt get a look in).
Maybe it was the off field junk but he doesnt do much wrong IMO.
He deserves his spot in the side.

NB:My opinion could change at any time but so far so good.

Booyah

Bench
Not sure what's doing with Merritt, I didn't think to ask

Knee. ;-)

I thought Simmons did a good job in his debut

Almost right. :D
He did go well - but it wasn't his debut. He made his debut last year off the bench against the Roosters.

Jimbo

Immortal
I was saying the exact same thing while watching Saleh score two tries for us in Gosford. Dragins fans keep crapping on about how they're glad to see the back of him, but all he needed was a decent club and coach!!

Booyah

Bench
ShireShark said:
I'm most surprised about Amos Roberts at Penrith

I thought he was crap but I guess he was just playing at a dog of a club

He's always been a good attacking player, but watch what happens when he has to defend. Deadset the bloke can't tackle to save his life.

He might have chased down Meli yesterday, but if you paid attention, you would have seen he didn't actually tackle him either. he made a grab at him and stuffed him up like that. Most blokes would have gone low and chopped the legs out.

Not him.

I remember one game he was playing for Saints, he scored a few good tries, but he let all the tries in too. He was the man that missed the tackle, or couldn't complete the tackle, on about 7 occasions.

Booyah said:
Not sure what's doing with Merritt, I didn't think to ask

Knee. ;-)

I thought Simmons did a good job in his debut

Almost right. :D
He did go well - but it wasn't his debut. He made his debut last year off the bench against the Roosters.

Simmons played in the match against the Roosters last year didn't he? :oops:

Oh well, last year was so bloody awful, I don't remember many of the games.

With Rieck and Vagana playing next week, I'm excited. Though Vagana might be short of match fitness.

Booyah

Bench
Sheros los Deros said:
Simmons played in the match against the Roosters last year didn't he? :oops:

Oh well, last year was so bloody awful, I don't remember many of the games.

With Rieck and Vagana playing next week, I'm excited. Though Vagana might be short of match fitness.

I can't bloody wait.

Vagana should be sweet to just jump straight in. If Tate can train with no power in his right arm, then Vags can too.

It will take a bit for his match fitness to come up though.

Latest posts