What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP great man

Lurkingshark

Juniors
Loved watching him play. As a 12 or 13yo I can remember sitting next to him and Sludge near the old scoreboard watching the reserves or U23s play. Sad day.

Quigs

Immortal
I hope the Club does the right thing this afternoon.

A very sad day for all concerned.

How many of the side from 73 still walk amongst us. We lost Bowe just the other month too.

Quigs

Immortal
When he first started in the top grade and quickly made a name for himself he always wore the same pair of old faded black shorts. I believe they were his lucky ones.

If I remember correctly the club eventually made him wear a new pair (could be wrong it was a long time ago) Anyhow is was a case of the black could of been blacker.

There will be a collection of the Sharks boys & Gregs mates getting together this afternoon at one of the locals before they head to the Club.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Truly was an iconic figure. That term gets bandied around a lot, but Pierce truly was just that.

Tough as thrice hardened nails as well as having great skills.

Gone way too soon

coolumsharkie

Referee
Thought I'd lay off talking about that punch to the head, until now.

If the gods have anything to do with tonights game he wanted us to win tough, hard and proud.

RIP Skipper. My most cherished memory was being there at Leichhardt Oval on a Wednesday evening in 1979 to see him & Sludge hoisting the Amco Cup

Panda Power 78

Juniors
I hope the Club does the right thing this afternoon.

A very sad day for all concerned.

How many of the side from 73 still walk amongst us. We lost Bowe just the other month too.

From the '73 GF team - Steve Rogers , Chris Wellman , Graham Bowen , Greg Pierce & Rick Bourke have died.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
�� Really? Must have missed this while living o/s. Used to see him a bit at the gym in the 80's (footy unrelated). Always a dude. And one of my fav's as a youngster for his golden locks

Yeah , cancer , almost 10 years ago - August 2006.
Not long after Sludge died.

bluefox1968

Juniors
RIP Skipper. My most cherished memory was being there at Leichhardt Oval on a Wednesday evening in 1979 to see him & Sludge hoisting the Amco Cup

I remember being at Kirrawee with a mate watching it - I was only 11 years old, and my family weren't footy people, so that's the best I could manage!

Latest posts