What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC 2013 - Your favourite moments So far

Springs

First Grade
The passion from most teams. It's clear that the passion in these internationals is 10x that of normal club games. Someone should go tell the Samoans and the Irish and the Fijians and the Welsh that they don't matter and the games they are playing in are a waste of time.

flamin

Juniors
If you're near a TV get on 7mate now! Scotland v Tonga, Scotland leading 26-24 with 7 mins to go.

Godz Illa

Coach
Scene-from-Braveheart-199-001.jpg

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Great game this morning!! Right down to the final decision! Scotland were in all sorts in that second half and not only found a way to hold on, but even get back the lead after falling behind! Excellent game

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm just loving seeing a World Cup again. I was away for 2008 and didn't catch a lot of it, but even then, this one just feels like a more legitimate world cup style tournament. There's a definite international feel to it that I think 2008 was lacking.

Godz Illa

Coach
The try by Priestley to seal the US-Cooks game was a cracker. Belongs on the tournament's highlight reel

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Fantastic competition so far. This in itself is the highlight for me. A perfect demonstration to those NRL obsessed ignorant throngs that there is much more in the rugby league world than state of origin and domestic games in sydney and queensland. Hopefully the game can kick on from this globally.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Loving the try from Priestly also. Was the sealer when the clock was running down. Great to see Captain America in the crowd.

The hymn from the Fiji boys is always a favourite.

Those 20 mins in NZ v Samoa, plus the SBW stuff-up. Cruel, but fun like that adds to the festival atmosphere.

Looking forward to watching the end of the Scotland Tonga game, haven't got around to it yet.

Also keen to see the French crowd get behind their team. Hoping they put in a good showing!

Lowlight: A lot of teams really need to work on goal kicking!!

RedVee

First Grade
Everything so far. But one thing a little left field. The rah rahs used to always mock the Kangaroos for not singing the anthem.

These days the Aussie team sings the the anthem and look like they mean it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The missed kick denying png victory
The first 15mins of England dominating the roos
The whole Scotland v tonga game which was one of the most enjoyable RL games I've seen in years

Been great so far and can't wait for round2 to start!

Springs

First Grade
The least-fancied teams in Group C & D - Scotland & the USA - making the finals. A lot like 2008.

Out of the Group Stages I'd have to rank them:
1. New Zealand
2. Australia
3. England
4. Samoa
5. Fiji
6. Scotland
7. Tonga
8. Italy
9. USA
10. France
11. Papua New Guinea
12. Cook Islands
13. Ireland
14. Wales

I wish all three Group C teams could make the finals, what a fantastic group.

Latest posts