What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Game times (In Oz)

no name

Coach
You might not be able to get it everywhere, but you most certainly can get 7mate on Fox HD satellite.

MrAnonymous

Bench
No, you can't. Foxtel say 7 won't allow them to rebroadcast the HD stations, I've heard elsewhere that it's because Foxtel won't pay for the extra bandwidth.
I've just got off the phone from them. They told me to 'upgrade my antenna'.

7mate hd works fine on my foxtel always has.

So do all the other fta hd channels

RedVee

First Grade
Ok, what's going on?

I bought a dig TV pvr thingy, set it up, waited a week for the guide to show up for the opening week of the RLWC and.... 7mate has the opening game as "Live" at 4 in the arvo rather than 12:30am...

Thought all games were supposed to be LIVE as opposed to "Live" ???

Ok, what's going on?

I bought a dig TV pvr thingy, set it up, waited a week for the guide to show up for the opening week of the RLWC and.... 7mate has the opening game as "Live" at 4 in the arvo rather than 12:30am...

Thought all games were supposed to be LIVE as opposed to "Live" ???

They defo said all games are live! must be a mistake, right guys?

I bloody bought a set top box (only $30) a USB stick to record on (64gb, $39) and an aerial ($24) and It cant PICK UP 7 MATE!

I'm gonna have to buy a better aerial and hope for the best. Getting pretty expensive, f**k I wish it was on a channel that's on FOX!!

RedVee

First Grade
Oops, my set top box was 12 hours out... All good, nothing to see here...
My bad.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
premiersports is offering a digital subscription (legal). i was looking at their requirements and they said you'd need at least 5mbs for their service. i ran a speed test last night and got 2.3 :( rang internet provider who said cos i was 4km from the exchange i wasnt likely to get much better than that even with a new router etc.

does anyone know whether it's worth subscribing and seeing what it'd be like to stream or would it just stream like shit?

Joker's Wild

Coach
premiersports is offering a digital subscription (legal). i was looking at their requirements and they said you'd need at least 5mbs for their service. i ran a speed test last night and got 2.3 :( rang internet provider who said cos i was 4km from the exchange i wasnt likely to get much better than that even with a new router etc.

does anyone know whether it's worth subscribing and seeing what it'd be like to stream or would it just stream like shit?

Dude, wouldnt it just be cheaper to just get an aerial and a DVR?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Dude, wouldnt it just be cheaper to just get an aerial and a DVR?

apparently i can get the subscription for 10pounds a month. so 2 months = 20 gbp

i cant see my aerial being fixed for the same price in time. I am hedging my bets though, gonna go to dick smiths and get one of their indoor aerials for $60 and if its shit i'll return it

if i had paid attention earlier to the fact i didnt have 7mate i probably would have done your idea

DeeJ

Bench
Anyone seen a ad on 7mate yet?

Watched it the gym so there was no sound. Mostly highlights of the 2008 world cup. There was alot of shoulder charges too.

edit: actually i didn't see the ad on 7mate, I think it was on the main 7 station because x factor was on.

I got a decent aerial and I can finally see/record 7mate! 3 aerials a set top box and a USB stick later were'e in business!! :) Looking forward to watching the games late at night and having a chat while we watch.... (for those guys with mates that don't give a shit! lol).

:)