What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC TV Rating Thread

King Ben

Juniors
That wouldn't include Adelaide and Perth's 7mate ratings either. A really solid number.

King Ben

Juniors
Before anyone asks, the 2008 opener between Australia and NZ rated 879k for Channel 9 (which was broadcast on an hour delay).

Cman

Juniors
No football code in this country eg Wallabies, Soccer, AFL (internation Rules) this year will get FTA TV rating as high as the NRL last night. The Final game will be a ratings king.

Stallion

First Grade
That wouldn't include Adelaide and Perth's 7mate ratings either. A really solid number.

Good point! I note that other codes have these cities included in the overall tally? Doesn't seem to happen for rugby league!? Something that requires looking into I suggest?

King Ben

Juniors
Good point! I note that other codes have these cities included in the overall tally? Doesn't seem to happen for rugby league!? Something that requires looking into I suggest?

It's a flaw in the ratings system - the game rated 847k on Channel 7 and 69k on 7Mate but because it isn't classified as a "simulcast" when it's on different channels, the ratings aren't combined (MediaWeek and other outlets do a good job at combining these when reporting but other places don't).

Compare that to the Bledisloe Cup which was broadcast live on Ten regardless of timezone last week, so there is no split.