What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2033

Poul

Juniors
With the RLIF having announced the awarding of the 2025 World Cup to USA & Canada, is it too early to announce the hosts for the 2033 World Cup? ....... France, to celebrate the centenary of the sport in the country. Just hope I'm alive to see it :)

taipan

Referee
I'd like to belch in Baluchistan RLWC in 2037
Get crutched in Croatia in 2041
Get tanked in Turkey in 2045
P*ssed in Panama in 2049
By 2089 at the Ukranaina RLWC should be well under the weather ,watching 60 countries do their stuff.The Antarctic team (the Emperor penguins)no doubt will perform well ,despite their small player pool.

jim_57

Staff member
All jokes aside, this should be 'penciled in' and the RLIF and FFRXIII should be working together to build the game and media relationships in anticipation of France hosting this tournament. Nothing wrong with a bit of future planning, even if it is 17 years away.

taipan

Referee
[
All jokes aside, this should be 'penciled in' and the RLIF and FFRXIII should be working together to build the game and media relationships in anticipation of France hosting this tournament. Nothing wrong with a bit of future planning, even if it is 17 years away.

Totally agree.We have bitched on in the past, about lack of planning and expanding the RLWC.The 2025 one in the U.S.A should be the launching pad for greater planning and further International expansion at a faster pace.

jim_57

Staff member
Totally agree.We have bitched on in the past, about lack of planning and expanding the RLWC.The 2025 one in the U.S.A should be the launching pad for greater planning and further International expansion at a faster pace.

Exactly, too early to speculate, but hopefully we can get to a stage where we can spread the WC around between, England, Australia/NZ and frontier markets.

Hopefully the governing body in France achieve some of their ambitions. One day things will click with their national team with any luck, but other goals they can work towards in the off-field department. The first goal should be cracking the 20k barrier for a France home game, small steps and build from there.

adamkungl

Immortal
Because I can't help myself.. I'd hope

2017 Australia
2021 England
2025 USA-Canada
2029 New Zealand
2033 France
2037 JAPAN?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Reactions: siv

jim_57

Staff member
Because I can't help myself.. I'd hope

2017 Australia
2021 England
2025 USA-Canada
2029 New Zealand
2033 France
2037 JAPAN?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

I like the idea of after the USA-Canada WorldCup taking the next 2 back to "heartlands" but with our secondary markets as main host. So NZ/Pacific World Cup with Australia hosting their own 3 pool games only, then France as main host with England/Wales hosting a few.

Then look to another frontier Japan, South Africa, Eastern Europe.. or by then USA/Canada or somewhere else could be "heartland" who knows.. pointless and overly opptimistic speculation I suppose.