What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 10 vs Dogs Team list thread

Bazal

Post Whore
Probably still starting fires so he can put them out to prove he should be a fire fighter, allegedly

In his defence, it's not hard to accidentally start fires way out west when you smoke 347 durries a day

Dibs

Bench
In his defence, it's not hard to accidentally start fires way out west when you smoke 347 durries a day
True and if he had of actually managed to put one out they may have given him a job

lingard

Coach
I'd rather four fringe origin players than four origin players.

There's f**k all difference between a bloke like Gutho, who doesn't get picked, and a bloke like Dugan who does. In that example I'd suggest the better player is the one who missed out...

So, by that analysis, you would call Gutherson an 'origin-level player', wouldn't you? And fair enough. How many of our forwards would currently fit that description? I would say none. Not even Brown. That's just my opinion. Now some people would say it's better to have players who are good enough to play origin, but don"t get picked - because then you don't lose them at origin time. Others say that actually playing in the origin environment makes you.a better player - with the club then reaping the benefits. Both arguments have a lot of merit. But one thing (I think) is certain, is that if you have an entire forward pack (and reserves) made up of players who are not at the level to even be considered for origin, then your team is not going to be very competitive in this competition UNLESS a whole lot of other factors fall in your favour (which they did last year; but not this year).

Gronk

Staff member
Auva’au’a and Hoffman dropped off.

Parramatta Eels side
1. Clint Gutherson
2. Bevan French
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Takairangi
5. George Jennings
6. Corey Norman
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Daniel Alvaro
9. Will Smith
10. Suaia Matagi
11. Manu Ma’u
12. Tepai Moeroa
13. Peni Terepo

14. Beau Scott
15. Kenny Edwards
16. David Gower
17. Siosaia Vave

18. Cameron King
21. Marata Niukore

Bazal

Post Whore
So, by that analysis, you would call Gutherson an 'origin-level player', wouldn't you? And fair enough. How many of our forwards would currently fit that description? I would say none. Not even Brown. That's just my opinion. Now some people would say it's better to have players who are good enough to play origin, but don"t get picked - because then you don't lose them at origin time. Others say that actually playing in the origin environment makes you.a better player - with the club then reaping the benefits. Both arguments have a lot of merit. But one thing (I think) is certain, is that if you have an entire forward pack (and reserves) made up of players who are not at the level to even be considered for origin, then your team is not going to be very competitive in this competition UNLESS a whole lot of other factors fall in your favour (which they did last year; but not this year).

I would and I have called Gutherson an origin level player, and been shouted down for it.

Brown is certainly Origin level. I believe Jennings is too. Norman and Moses were both heavily favoured for potential Origin positions (although obviously they aren't playing like it at the moment) and with consistency would also potentially be Origin level.

Just as an aside, Alvaro and Mannah are both better than incumbent Origin player Tim Glasby. So maybe Origin isn't the yardstick people think it is.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I always find it funny the way players get described as 'Origin level' from about Rd 2 and there is a relentless obsession all the way up to SOO 1 a few months later.

It's a term that has been applied to so many players that it is actually pretty meaningless these days.

strider

Post Whore
I always find it funny the way players get described as 'Origin level' from about Rd 2 and there is a relentless obsession all the way up to SOO 1 a few months later.

It's a term that has been applied to so many players that it is actually pretty meaningless these days.
I think you are origin level gary

Bazal

Post Whore
wow-thats-actually-much-better.jpg

Latest posts