What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd # 15 Souths vs Titans

callmack1

Staff member
Line up is pretty much the same apart from Fui and Turner swapping.

1. Walker
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Sutton
7. Reynolds
8. G.Burgess
9. Farah
10. T.Burgess
11. Fuimaono
12. Crichton
13. S.Burgess

14. Cook
15. Turner
16. Rochow
17. Musgrove

18. Burns
19. Clark
20. Cherrington
22. Murray

I like the Fui and Turner swap.

Rsag85

Bench
Imo we need to move Cody out of the fullback role

AJ back at fullback
Burns on the wing
Cody at 5/8
Cook at hooker

Sutton to the bench with Turner, Musgrove and Rochow

Rsag85

Bench
The Titans Side

1. William Zillman
2. Anthony Don
3. Dale Copley
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. John Olive
6. Chris McQueen
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Nathaniel Peteru
9. Pat Politoni
10. Ryan James (c)
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Joe Greenwood
13. Leivaha Pulu
INTERCHANGE
15. Morgan Boyle
16. Eddy Pettybourne
17. Max King
22. Paterika Vaivai
RESERVES
18. Ben Nakubuwai
19. Phillip Sami
20. Keegan Hipgrave
21. Jamal Fogarty

ThingFish

Juniors
The Titans Side

1. William Zillman
2. Anthony Don
3. Dale Copley
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. John Olive
6. Chris McQueen
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Nathaniel Peteru
9. Pat Politoni
10. Ryan James (c)
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Joe Greenwood
13. Leivaha Pulu
INTERCHANGE
15. Morgan Boyle
16. Eddy Pettybourne
17. Max King
22. Paterika Vaivai
RESERVES
18. Ben Nakubuwai
19. Phillip Sami
20. Keegan Hipgrave
21. Jamal Fogarty
Chris McQueen at 5/8 and John Olive as a starter. If we can't beat this line up, well that'll do me for the season. I'll watch the rest of this stinking year from the couch.

Travitoh

First Grade

AJ back at fullback
Burns on the wing
Cody at 5/8
Cook at hooker

Our worst run of the season came to an end as a result of the above being shuffled. Why would going back to it yield different results this time around?
We saw last season that Cody is very capable of playing fullback and i believe that Sutton settles us playing at 6.
My change would be Sam to prop, Turner to lock and George to the bench but that's a matter of opinion

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Our worst run of the season came to an end as a result of the above being shuffled. Why would going back to it yield different results this time around?
We saw last season that Cody is very capable of playing fullback and i believe that Sutton settles us playing at 6.
My change would be Sam to prop, Turner to lock and George to the bench but that's a matter of opinion

I like that change but I'm honestly thinking we should start Cam Murray at lock. It's his preferred position and he is highly rated as one of the best juniors going around.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

AJ back at fullback
Burns on the wing
Cody at 5/8
Cook at hooker

Sutton to the bench with Turner, Musgrove and Rochow

no idea as always
aj noooooooo
burns noooooo
cody not yet wait till 2018 when inglis returns
cook hey you got one right wow......Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Drop the bench hooker and interchange the two while they develop their ability to get through 80 minutes?

Definitely don't want to get in the way of the development of our young forwards. Tbh I think we might not do too much big recruiting in the forwards. Our young guys seem pretty solid!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Chris McQueen won't be 5/8th it will be Jamal Fogarty. He is extremely dangerous.
Well that's a worry then.
I like that change but I'm honestly thinking we should start Cam Murray at lock. It's his preferred position and he is highly rated as one of the best juniors going around.
Turner should not at all be in the starting line up imo.

Sam has to stay at lock. It's his best position no contest.

Imo Murray isn't ready for first grade yet. Probably next season.

Shep

Juniors

I hate to say it but I just think Madge can't see the forest for the trees here. Would you play Thurston at fullback? Or Milford? Cody wants to play 5/8, has great stats there, and AJ wants to play fullback, why can't the coach have faith in that?

We're simply giving other teams a leg up with a very basic coaching and strategic error - playing our 5/8 at fullback. Cody great over 30 metres, Alex can go the distance. Who's the 5/8 and who's the fullback?

Travitoh

First Grade
I hate to say it but I just think Madge can't see the forest for the trees here. Would you play Thurston at fullback? Or Milford? Cody wants to play 5/8, has great stats there, and AJ wants to play fullback, why can't the coach have faith in that?

We're simply giving other teams a leg up with a very basic coaching and strategic error - playing our 5/8 at fullback. Cody great over 30 metres, Alex can go the distance. Who's the 5/8 and who's the fullback?

I want to play NRL but I'm not good enough.

This discussion is only being had because all of our eggs are in the 'GI at FB' basket. Cody is a better player than AJ at FB but is playing disinterested it seems while AJ is a top wing but not so much FB. Sutton at 6 is able to inject his leadership into the side and while he may be getting long in the tooth, still has plenty to offer with his experience.
Lets not forget that our fall from grace almost coincides with Sutton being moved into the back row.

And for what it's worth, I'd take Milford at FB in a heartbeat!

Shep

Juniors
I want to play NRL but I'm not good enough.

This discussion is only being had because all of our eggs are in the 'GI at FB' basket. Cody is a better player than AJ at FB but is playing disinterested it seems while AJ is a top wing but not so much FB. Sutton at 6 is able to inject his leadership into the side and while he may be getting long in the tooth, still has plenty to offer with his experience.
Lets not forget that our fall from grace almost coincides with Sutton being moved into the back row.

And for what it's worth, I'd take Milford at FB in a heartbeat!

You make a fair argument Travitoh.

But we did win a comp with Sutto in the back row and Milford was only ever really considered a fullback in his younger days. Cody is a natural 5/8 at age 26 and AJ could have grown into the fullback role had Madge kept faith in him. Much like Api Koroisau did when Isaac Luke missed Rnd 2-12 in 2014, and didn't that come in handy in the GF.

I concede, it's all arguable. But Cody at 5/8 I find hard to understand. Did you see his stats before he went to F/B? They've dried up now. He may have gone well against a disunited Tigers but can't bust open the good teams from fullback.

Travitoh

First Grade
You make a fair argument Travitoh.

But we did win a comp with Sutto in the back row and Milford was only ever really considered a fullback in his younger days. Cody is a natural 5/8 at age 26 and AJ could have grown into the fullback role had Madge kept faith in him. Much like Api Koroisau did when Isaac Luke missed Rnd 2-12 in 2014, and didn't that come in handy in the GF.

I concede, it's all arguable. But Cody at 5/8 I find hard to understand. Did you see his stats before he went to F/B? They've dried up now. He may have gone well against a disunited Tigers but can't bust open the good teams from fullback.

Cody started the season flying at 6 but dropped away a bit before his move to FB. Last season however he had better numbers at FB than he did in the halves I'm pretty sure and only got moved back to the halves because GI reclaimed his #1.
Like you say, it's all debatable and a matter of not only opinion but how people see games individually

Travitoh

First Grade
Definitely don't want to get in the way of the development of our young forwards. Tbh I think we might not do too much big recruiting in the forwards. Our young guys seem pretty solid!

We could do with a prop or two i feel and it doesn't hurt to have an experienced head there for the youth to look up to and learn from. Nate Myles would've been nice for that but it's not to be.

I really hope Madge sticks with the current second row pairing, get games into their legs now and reap the rewards in the coming seasons

truthslayer

Juniors
Well that's a worry then.

Turner should not at all be in the starting line up imo.

Sam has to stay at lock. It's his best position no contest.

Imo Murray isn't ready for first grade yet. Probably next season.
Wrong as usual about turner , your dislike of this player is as bad as your obsession with Goodwin.

Latest posts