What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

age.s

First Grade
Anyone else think Farah was concussed that whole game? A couple of times he missed the play the ball, put in a couple of terrible kicks and then of course that dropped ball. He looked glazed at times. Amazing that he managed to have a fantastic game. Along with the Morris bros he kept us in the game. Such an awesome game and tough as nails for staying on. If he can remember what happened he should be proud of his performance.

Just goes to show how much better team we are with some creativity.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
That was laughable at the end when he dropped it in the play the ball and blew up complaining that someone touched him.

Embarrassed himself.

That was pretty funny. Thurston was about 1.5m in front of him and he dropped it cold, then spat the dummy hard core.

slm9

Juniors
That was pretty funny. Thurston was about 1.5m in front of him and he dropped it cold, then spat the dummy hard core.

I thought he was blowing up about a second effort from thurston which caused him to go out (potential penalty) before he got up to play the ball. I might be wrong though.

Juniors
I thought he was blowing up about a second effort from thurston which caused him to go out (potential penalty) before he got up to play the ball. I might be wrong though.

Yes that's correct. The fact his hand went over the sideline and wasn't called in touch would indicate the tackle was complete, thats also the exact reason it should have been a penalty. Thurston had another go after the tackle was complete.

Canard

Immortal

NSW were well and truly on the attack and all he had to do was play the ball, even if it was for some "percieved" slight it was dumb play that may have cost NSW the game.

Joely01

Bench
That was laughable at the end when he dropped it in the play the ball and blew up complaining that someone touched him.

Embarrassed himself.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Farah blew up because thurston kept pushing him to the sideline clearly after the tackle was made. Not because he dropped the ball. Do people on here actually watch the game??

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Yes that's correct. The fact his hand went over the sideline and wasn't called in touch would indicate the tackle was complete, thats also the exact reason it should have been a penalty. Thurston had another go after the tackle was complete.

I didn't see it as a second effort from Thurston and neither did the touchie. Farah was still pushing forward.

Still an idiotic move from Farah. He dropped it cold and then spat the dummy.

Packy

Bench
He's been our best option for years. I can't understand why we/you/me doubted him.

macnaz

Staff member
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Farah blew up because thurston kept pushing him to the sideline clearly after the tackle was made. Not because he dropped the ball. Do people on here actually watch the game??

Correct.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I didn't see it as a second effort from Thurston and neither did the touchie. Farah was still pushing forward.

There was a second effort from thurston, I didn't think it was penalty worthy but in some games it would have got called.

Farah blew up because he was frustrated and devastated, in the biggest game o the year with 3 minutes to go he had dropped the ball. It was heat of the moment and he was emotional. To say he embarrassed himself is ridiculous.

The Gambler

Juniors
There was a second effort from thurston, I didn't think it was penalty worthy but in some games it would have got called.

Farah blew up because he was frustrated and devastated, in the biggest game o the year with 3 minutes to go he had dropped the ball. It was heat of the moment and he was emotional. To say he embarrassed himself is ridiculous.
Any other game it was a penalty.

Juniors

My post was not about what u saw, it's what the touchiest ruled and I'll repeat myself. His hand went into touch and was not called so because the tackle was complete (a player can go I to touch in the process of Getting into a position to play the ball) hence the reason it should be a penalty. The tackle was complete.

I do agree though he should have got on with it and maybe, just maybe one of our brilliant halves would have slotted a pressure field goal to top off what was a brilliant kicking display.

juro

Bench
Y

Yeah, that's how I saw it. He was so focused on doing everything he could. He would have been totally drained by that point in the game, relying only on adrenaline. And then he dropped the ball with nobody near him, but he couldn't accept in that split second that it was his fault. It is only natural to try to blame something or somebody else. He would certainly not still be blaming others now though...

macnaz

Staff member
Any other game it was a penalty.

Yep i would have though so as well.I could understand if the rule was used as it was meant for -in the accidental event of it happening ,but Thurstons intent was to try push him into touch. 100% penalty.

Last edited:

simostorm

Bench
There was second efforts in the tackle all night from both sides.. none were penalised.. i see Hayne pull a leg out for GI when he hit into the posts an almost scored.. was alot worse then the farah, JT incident.. should have been a penalty there.