What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robsters view Round 2

Robster

Bench
pfffffffffffffffffft

Players which cut the mustard

thomas lulai, got involved lots, put his hand up, made 20 something tackles, sign of a very improved confident player.

Brett Webb- good overall performance, probally our safest fullback ever alongside Matthew Ridge

Latu-great promising hooker, always looks to be a chance when he's running dummy half, although did get carried away in occasion and dropped the ball but certianly the few Warrior stand outs.

Stacey Jones- Decent, improved last week, but only just cut the mustard jut. Still not at his standard performance, Micheal Head won the battle against him.

player which didn't cut the mustard

REst of the Warriors but here are the slackers which stood out

Toopi- Daniel anderson "Toopi will never play a match like he did against the broncos, well he didn't play that level of lackness tonite, he played worst, I talked bout last week him playing at a bartercard cup level, with a performance like that he would struggle to make a fox mad butcher side.

Guttenbiel- well of course people are gonna disagree with me, but I keep saying how overated is this player. He wasn't on the field that long, could be wrong, but if he did play for a good majority time where the hell was he in the defence and attack, he's not a great player, he runs up and makes 5 metres each time.

Fa'afili- If you droped Murphy for his performance last week, then you should drop henry, true he scored a easy try, but he missed a important tackle on copper that any standard NRL winger could pull off, he didn't get involved, and his defence is fairly weak, bring back Smurf.

Ali-Do you guys realise I'v named all test players , and heres another one, how many 50/50 balls is this Sandle boy gonna throw, its not cricket practice, his offloads don't hit the mark and he trys to hard sometimes, his hands need lots of improving, he dropped lots of the pill and what more can I say.

And the Rest of them

Next week changes- Murph for fa'afili , Jobson for Temata (temata to secound row) Ali on the bench, koopu starting. And replace toopi with one of the bartercard cup players. Hohia in the number 6 jersey. thomas a valuble sub.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Robster said:
Next week changes- Murph for fa'afili , Jobson for Temata (temata to secound row) Ali on the bench, koopu starting. And replace toopi with one of the bartercard cup players. Hohia in the number 6 jersey. thomas a valuble sub.
Apparently Jerry & Villa are up for selection next week, so hopefully one or the other (or both!) can slot in somewhere too ... not sure about Hohaia though. Can anyone confirm his progress??

My view: We are trying too much of the 'fancy shit' without first laying the platform - we don't seem to have anyone at the moment to run straight and hard all day, especially without the above-mentioned Jerry & Villasanti. Stacey needs more options around him, hopefully we can get Lance & P.J out there soonish.

We can definitely turn this around - raise the experience level, lay a solid platform, and keep the faith!!

ThrashViking

Juniors
Why do they keep putting Tony Martin in stupid positions?I dont understand it
He's a wasted buy-He's twice the player Toopi is judging by his piss-poor form.
I said this last week-We need someone to run the ball forwards,not sideways
Throwing offloads between your legs and over ya head will only get yourself so far,We need someone whos not affraid to run it up.We missed Seuseu and Villa for the 2nd week in a row
Positives-Leuluai looked superb this week, Jones was starting to get back to his best and Vinnie Anderson looked verry strong.
I will defnitley not be betting for my avatar this week,It seems to be a bad omen :lol:

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Robster said:
Guttenbiel- well of course people are gonna disagree with me, but I keep saying how overated is this player. He wasn't on the field that long, could be wrong, but if he did play for a good majority time where the hell was he in the defence and attack

...busy making 33 tackles & 17 hitups. If only there were more Guttenbeils laying the platform.

So much for respect for the football. I'm not overly surprised we lost & I'm expecting a few more like this one, basically because under the Anderson gameplan, everything seems to hinge on individuals and their 'decision making'. I'm not trying to put the boot into him, the style of play that has evolved within the team since he has become coach has almost paid dividends 2 yrs in a row & can be a joy to watch. The flipside is, because so much of our play revolves around being reactive as opposed to pro-active, when the core of our playmakers arent clicking, we look awful. Any team that plays as a team against us when we're in that state will have a good chance of winning, like a below strength St George.

One of the big positives for me from the game was seeing Latu running from dummy half. He can hit in defence, too. This guy has the all the potential in the world, I really hope he gets 100% fit & stays that way.

playdaball

Bench
Jerry and Villa in next week if available.
Last week I asked if there was room in the team for both Sione and Ali I still believe that this the case. Perhaps a workhorse such as V. Anderson into the forwards to work alongside Awen?
We will be very hard pressed to beat Penrith @ home, if so 3 games down with no points on the board - oh no.

AliN

Live Update Team
Stace, Guttenbeil, Ali to a degree and Vinnie were the only players out there besides Latu who will get back to match fitness I hope soon.
I thought Dezolt should've played rather than Martin. His injury cost us. Leuluai tried but he's too little in defence.
They have to get on track very quickly with the Panthers our next target..

Robster

Bench
Toopi was awful you gotta say that, he needs to be dropped next week and perhaps play round 4, miss a game as punishment, put Martin in the centres.

As for Awen he does do more then you actually notice.

Anonymous

Juniors
I thought Tuimavave played well while he was on. Also I don't agree with bagging Ali, he went ok.

And I don't agree that we are being too fancy, last night I thought we were too boring and didn't do anything with the ball :?

Anonymous

Juniors
The MAIN point I got from last night is that our (justifiably) vaunted left-side attack will NEVER be effective if Meli runs in front of Toopi all game!

Surely DA would have picked up on this and hammered it into Francis. It's not something that's hard to change!

AliN

Live Update Team
Yea, the over running all game was something I hadn't noticed that much before, certainly eeds to be addressed.

Anonymous

Juniors
Meli has always done it, every pass thrown to him is either forward (3 already this season) or a line ball, and he never hits it at pace.

Latest posts