What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rodney Howe

t-ba

Post Whore
LoL.

I'd Love his replacement though. Reynoldson has Representative written all over him.

gaterooze

Bench
Ainscough wasn't injury prone.

Re: Howe -- he MUST go this year so Melbourne can afford to retain Slater, Orford, etc. The young forwards they have coming up are a lot better than Howe, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

What was the deal with the way Bellamy yanked him off yesterday? I know he caused a few penalties, but he only played like 20 minutes yesterday, didn't he?

The camera was put on him as he was leaving the field in the 2nd half, and he didn't look like a happy chappy.

storm007

Juniors
I think the ref would have sin binned him if he was not taken off by Bellamy, for some reason he kept lifitng his elbow when making tackes. He was off the feild for a total of 66 mins straight at one stage I think.
Please drop Howe next week and have Chan in the starting line up and keep the bench the same.
My thoughts only

Southernsaint

Staff member
gaterooze said:
Ainscough wasn't injury prone.

Re: Howe -- he MUST go this year so Melbourne can afford to retain Slater, Orford, etc. The young forwards they have coming up are a lot better than Howe, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

You'd better have some evidence to back up what you're inferring...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
I don't think he is fit.

In fact, I'll go so far to say that if he doesn't seek medical advice soon he won't have much of a life after footy.

As I have posted before, within a few tackles or hit ups everytime he has played this year he seems punch drunk.

I'm no medico, but that ain't right for any player, no matter what team they play for, or their past.

I just logged for first time since last thursday and was about to start a thread exactly like this one!

In his approx 18 minutes of game time, did he make a single hit up? I saw him with ball in hand twice as I can recall, and he passed before the line both times. His defence was continually high and he seemed a solid 3 steps off the pace.

Surely it is time for him to pull the pin?? I don't think the Storm are going to miss his lack of impact, and Robbie Kearns is still putting in as the experienced head in the pack. Reynoldson played alright once he came on, at least he got involved and made some decent metres. Time for a change I think

The Whippet

Juniors
The drugs have also made Rodney Howe go balled, it's starting to show. All that could be the Melbourne weather because Matt Geyer and Scott Hill are also starting to go balled.

Kaz said:
Notice how all the players caught for drug taking are injury prone.

There is a reason for this...

steroids and other synthetic growth enhancers will aid muscle tissue in growth, however the bodies tendons and ligaments DON'T grow at the same time. Tendon/ligament strength comes with a lot of time and in most people don't come quick.
Therefore, a guy may have gained a 5 kg of muscle through an off season of gear and lifting, but their ligaments haven't adapted to this as yet and are doing more work than previous, hence they are more likely to get injured.

PB

Bench
Pierced Soul said:
souths have bought a few has-beens maybe he'll go there

Follow in the footsteps of Walker, Mcdougall, Damien Mostyn and Scotty Wilson...

Hmm, they all have something else in common to do they not?

Howe would fit in nicely.....

Latest posts