What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rolling updates to Red Army Webpage.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Hi all.

We have updated our logo. A special thank you to Nuke for his assistance.

Can I please ask your opinions of the main "warzone" index page?

Our principal logo is the central image of the "top banner" , does the top banner itself now look balanced with the two other images on either side?

We have continual updates to be made over the week.... including a large feature of our stadium, it's upgrades, and it's ability to produce suitable infrastructure for Rugby League. We will also be aiming to have a red army devoted section of seating in the stadium (suitably named "The Warzone"). We will soon have a photo gallery (thanks to Jason and his many albums). Plus I've reduced the 'space' between new features to make the page seem more cohesive.

If any of you have experience with web development; I'm hoping to make a "news archive" system. It's do-able now, though ancient and arduous to achieve. Lastly, keeping in mind we're amateur web developers (so to speak), if there are any idea's, suggestions, or recommendations; please let me know. Want it to be as great as possible.

Stay tuned for more info relevant to our Ticket Giveaway, the June NRL Match, and our specific Red Army events.

Thanks for all your help (all and sundry).

Last edited:
Hi all.

We have updated our logo. A special thank you to Nuke for his assistance.

Can I please ask your opinions of the main "warzone" index page?

Our principal logo is the central image of the "top banner" , does the top banner itself now look balanced with the two other images on either side?

We have continual updates to be made over the week.... including a large feature of our stadium, it's upgrades, and it's ability to produce suitable infrastructure for Rugby League. We will also be aiming to have a red army devoted section of seating in the stadium (suitably named "The Warzone"). We will soon have a photo gallery (thanks to Jason and his many albums). Plus I've reduced the 'space' between new features to make the page seem more cohesive.

If any of you have experience with web development; I'm hoping to make a "news archive" system. It's do-able now, though ancient and arduous to achieve. Lastly, keeping in mind we're amateur web developers (so to speak), if there are any idea's, suggestions, or recommendations; please let me know. Want it to be as great as possible.

Stay tuned for more info relevant to our Ticket Giveaway, the June NRL Match, and our specific Red Army events.

Thanks for all your help (all and sundry).
The page looks great but the background could be better. The pale grey/blue looks too bland IMO.
Can you get a link to the site from the Reds and WARL sites?

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Yeah, it's certainly bland in some respects I agree.

I get worried about making it "too noisy" (that is, distracting from the information). If I had the ability, I'd try to make a rugby league picture montage for the outskirts of the page; or make it a bit better than it is but I'm not sure how to go about doing that as yet.

I could change the colour to a pale red ; but that'd begin to drown out the darker / red logos and might be 'red overkill'. So I'm not sure how to go about fixing all of that - but it is a point regularly made that it looks "plain" - though interesting to note this forums default skin is probably the same colour.

As for the WARL and WA Red pages - I'd like to think they'll link us on their webpages - though I have yet to ask. As we're independent to them, they may wish to keep distance; but I don't envisage so...... I will ask them next time our committee meets with them.

BDGS

Bench
Nicolas, make your banner in the your signature a link to your website.

If you can do that your site will get more hits, even if its just by an accidental click. You never know who might accidentally hit it and stay around to have a look once there.

On the site - looks great, apart from the background.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Thanks for the great feedback guys.

I will play around with some background colours on Friday , as this will be the next chance I get to make edits / updates.

Good idea too BDGS - I'll see if I can add hyperlinks into signatures - ( I think we can though )

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
I tried to add a hyperlink into the Titans banner but some overzealous mod warned me against it.

Yeah.

warzone.net.au is exempt for that ruling.

I spoke to Twizzle - (forum moderator). He stated that so long as we direct our webpage Forum link to this forum (which we have, to the WARL section); that it would be considered a mutually beneficial scenario.

Nuke

Staff member
I would just have white as the background colour. It's clean, highlights everything else, and just would look good (in my opinion).

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Hi all.

Two new sections:-

-- 'News'
All of our news stories, interviews, press releases, and articles will be placed in this section. There is a "recent news" and a "archived news" area, so that people will be-able to track our history, as well as our present situation. Check it out, as there are two interviews. Match reports also included.

--'Our House'
A page dedicated to our stadium, our proposed fan-base seating area, and the updates of the nib Stadium Redevelopment program.

Other Updates:-
-- Main Page
Now only has 2 feature stories, with fewer side banners. All other news / stories is now in News section. Will be aiming to use a background image (thinking maybe red camoflage, to go with the whole 'red army' theme); for the wider background area. If anyone is able to design a repeatable pattern for this, please get in touch.

-- Merchandise Page
Added some basic idea's for merchandise (with Images, thanks Jason). Added the new survey, regarding our club colours - (already posted on this forum though). Officiated the announcement of our logo, thanks to survey responses (and Andrew's new design).

Latest posts