What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooney

The Whippet

Juniors
What's wrong with Luke Rooney? Didn't see the first half of the test match but they mentioned that he was injured. Anyone know what's wrong with him?

*Sandy*

First Grade
Apparently had a head clash. I didnt see it but they mentioned it in the 1st half not long after he had been taken off. Hope he's ok. I thought we might have seen him come back on after half time.

The Whippet

Juniors
I watched the replay, looked a bit dazed after the head clash but played on for a while then came off. He looked ok at the end when he went to get his medal or whatever it was.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I only seen the last 5 minutes and didn't notice Rooney then, obviously he was off. I hope he is alright, he should be.

Grantwhy

Juniors
head clash? If it's the incident i'm remembering, Rooney was bent over in a tackle and Morley ran through (not stopping to make a tackle). It looked to me like it was Morley's hip/upper leg that got Rooney in the head.

:?:

Bob

Juniors
The incident happened in the first 3 or 4 minutes of the game. The POMS kick downfield straight down the throat of Minichello who made a great run and was tackeld. Rooney picked it up from dummy half and went for one of his trade mark dummy half runs and was tackled and while he was falling Stuart Fielden ran through and delibarately knee'd him in the head. Both Mike Stephenson and Eddie Hemmings (those UNBIASED POMMIE COMMENTATORS :lol: ) were both suprised no further action was taken. About 5 minutes later Rooney was taken from the field because he didn't know whether he was in London or Leeds as per Chris Warrens sideline report.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Grantwhy said:
head clash? If it's the incident i'm remembering, Rooney was bent over in a tackle and Morley ran through (not stopping to make a tackle). It looked to me like it was Morley's hip/upper leg that got Rooney in the head.

:?:
Well it was his head clashing with something. :D

Yeah that's what I heard from the commentators too Bob but couldnt remember it word for word. :oops: I was still surprised not to see him come back though. I turned off the tv and went back to bed as soon as the game finished so they mustn't have said anything further on it?