What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters are still the benchmark.

Macca

Coach
They just had an off night. :lol: AGAIN! What is the excuse this time Rooster Cogburn :?:

"Roosters were the best team last year except for one glorious night in October and again this year showed they were the team to beat until Penrith completely outplayed them."

Thankyou RLeague... :lol:

McSharkie said:
I wonder why
the best team last year except for one glorious night in October
didn't win the minor premiership.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, I think Penrith could be the best Premiership winning side since the 2002 Bulldogs! :lol:

TRANSLATION

Juniors
McSharkie said:
They just had an off night. :lol: AGAIN! What is the excuse this time Rooster Cogburn :?:

Both the Roosters and the Panthers are the benchmark in the comp.

I don't have a standout. I lead towards the Roosters as the number 1 team, all things considered.

But the panthers do have the team to beat them. The Rorters don't appreciate a team that has explosive players in speed, and Power.

Joel Clinton is continually the best forward on the park every time they play. Wesser is always too hard to stop for them.

Gower pisses them off with his deft kicking game, and Their wingers and centres are a bit too smart for the roosters backs.

Lewis and Rooney, Swain and Rodney , Clinton and Ross are all young. They will get better. This is where I beleive the panthers will continue to grow.

Add to that Famos Amos and You have a lethal football team, mixed in with the Experience of Girdler, Lang and Gower.

The Roosters have reached their pinacle, and that's why they are a very good side. I dont think they can improve much more.

Fitler is not on his best form, is not getting younger. Ditto Ricko. Mini is a very good ball runner, Morley and intimidator as is Hodges.

Flannery is great, as is crocker. Webb is a super talent.

Wing is a super ball runner and This is where they end. Finch has had some great couple of games, but it has been his great inside passes that have been the feature. But the Panthers tonight, figured it out, and cut him out of the game.

They need to find another ball player that can read the game and set up some plays. Finch is doing the job at the moment. But if freddie gets hurt, I dont think they can make the Top 5, But they are better than they used to be without Freddy IMHO, so I expect them to do well. But not as well as they did the last couple of seasons.

They will only do well if they have their full compliment of players needed and they are.

Mini, Wing, Fitler, Finch, Fitz, Crocker, Morley, Ricko and Hodges. They need almost all of them at the bussiness end.

Fitz knees, Wings ankle, Hodges knee, Fitlers Shoulder, Morley and Crokers over the top tackling style will get them into strife more and more this season.

it's going to be tough for them if what i say happens.

Players are never the same after knee injuries. No matter how hard they try. They need a full season and if the knee holds up, then they will be as good as ever if not better. Time will tell.

I said at the beginning of the season that the Panthers will improve on last season, even though they won the comp.

They are working on their game, and they are the most well balanced side in the comp. The Rorters rely too much on Freddy still. If he is off, they can not beat a great side, like they can an average side.

In potential, the panthers have it. In all aspects, i beleive the Roosters are still the team to beat, but try telling that to the Panthers.

Im Happy to see the Panthers become the benchmark !! Although I dont think that has happened as yet.
Stupid, I know. But that's My opnion. Be it right or wrong.

Macca

Coach
Sorry Stgillaman I only got half way through that before I was bored to tears.

In all seriousness. I thought Cross had a good game. Hang on that wasn't serious! :lol:

Macca

Coach
I wish somebody would put me out then! I was hoping to have a big one at the races tomorrow! GO LONHRO!

McSharkie said:
I wish somebody would put me out then! I was hoping to have a big one at the races tomorrow! GO LONHRO!

Pull on a Roosters jersey. That should stop your luck (Because when they lose it has nothing to do with the other side being better!).

:D

Macca

Coach
That's a good call. If I go to the races in a Roosters jersey though, people will be lining up to laugh at me though. I don't have time for that, I will be to busy backing winners!

tdcockers

Juniors
from memory, the roosters made less mistakes than the panthers, so in that respect it is probably true that the roosters are the benchmarks

sydraider

First Grade
Well now that GF last year must have been a fluke :lol:

Roosters are still one of the teams to beat but penrith showed last night that they are a better team. I have usually noticed that if you can pressure the roosters, they will panic, although saying that it usually takes a mighty effort to do it. They were off their game last night but as they all said when the roosters played against the dogs "they have incredible depth" so really, not having wing out there is no excuse even though i feel he was the player they missed the most.
Still i couldnt help but smile after that game.

Amos roberts reminded me of will smith in independence day, whenever he nullified one of the roosters kicks it was like the scene where will hits the alien and says "WELCOME TO EARTH" :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
tdcockers said:
from memory, the roosters made less mistakes than the panthers, so in that respect it is probably true that the roosters are the benchmarks

AHHH NO!.

Roosters missed more tackles, i know that for sure, i forget the other stats, so there goes your theory.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
tdcockers said:
Not necessarily. Mistake rate by itself isn't the most accurate indicator, you need to consider it in relation to the type of plays the team attempts. The Warriors were one of the top sides in the last couple of seasons but their mistake rate was still reasonably high because they continually look for the pass or offload. The Panthers are similar. Sides like the roosters and Raiders make far fewer mistakes but it is because they play less risky and ultimately more predicatble football. They create less opportunities (rather they often wait for opposition mistakes) but they give very few away on return. Both approaches are equally effective ways of playing football when they are executed well.

0neye

THE GOOSTER ARE NOTHING NEXT TIME THEY PLAY THE DOG YOU WILL SEE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
tdcockers said:

Since when has the benchmark team of the NRL been decided on by the amount of errors a team makes?

Raider_69

Post Whore
if its errors
then based off last year the raiders are the benchmark
he had the best completion rate :roll:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn HAHAHAHAHA! Talked it up mate, wrong thing to do. Our boys beat use again!

Go the Panthers!