What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters sign BMOZ

Mark D

Juniors
A little disappointed with this one...B Moz still has the speed we miss and experience especially when it comes to defensive decisions but agree we have some great kids coming through.. Seeing B Moz in the Roosters jersey come ANZAC day will be weird... They also signed Hall so where does that leave Toupo ?

SBD82

Coach
Here's the link and the article. It's the mole and as far as I can see not confirmed so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/20/06/35/nrl-news-sydney-roosters-sign-brett-morris-the-mole

Sydney Roosters sign Bulldogs star Brett Morris

The Sydney Roosters have continued their stunning spending spree by signing Bulldogs winger Brett Morris.

Morris was linked with a return to his junior club, St George Illawarra, but has instead come to terms with the Roosters. His signing comes just days after Wide World of Sports revealed the Roosters have signed English Test winger Ryan Hall, which the club admitted 24 hours later.

An announcement on the Morris signing is expected in the next couple of days, but the deal is done.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F07%2F10%2F08%2F42%2F1007_bulldogsmorris_env.jpg

As well as the two wing stars - who have scored an amazing 370 plus tries between them - the Roosters have also signed Souths and Blues State of Origin back-rower Angus Crichton for 2019.

Morris, 31, has spent the past four seasons at the Bulldogs but is another victim of the club’s salary cap fiasco.

The club’s previous administration put a host of big-name stars on heavily back-ended contracts three or four years ago and it has now come back to bite the Bulldogs big time.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Here's the link and the article. It's the mole and as far as I can see not confirmed so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/20/06/35/nrl-news-sydney-roosters-sign-brett-morris-the-mole

Sydney Roosters sign Bulldogs star Brett Morris

The Sydney Roosters have continued their stunning spending spree by signing Bulldogs winger Brett Morris.

Morris was linked with a return to his junior club, St George Illawarra, but has instead come to terms with the Roosters. His signing comes just days after Wide World of Sports revealed the Roosters have signed English Test winger Ryan Hall, which the club admitted 24 hours later.

An announcement on the Morris signing is expected in the next couple of days, but the deal is done.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F07%2F10%2F08%2F42%2F1007_bulldogsmorris_env.jpg

As well as the two wing stars - who have scored an amazing 370 plus tries between them - the Roosters have also signed Souths and Blues State of Origin back-rower Angus Crichton for 2019.

Morris, 31, has spent the past four seasons at the Bulldogs but is another victim of the club’s salary cap fiasco.

The club’s previous administration put a host of big-name stars on heavily back-ended contracts three or four years ago and it has now come back to bite the Bulldogs big time.

He is gone

Drag Queen

Bench
Yesterdays hero.

BMoz would have signed with anyone just to stay in the NRL rather than have to finish his career o/s.

Going from a Dragon to a Dog and now a c**k........as they say "if the shoe fits"!
Bit rude mate. Why the hate? Seems to be a recurring theme on this site with ex-players. I would have loved having him back. Have you actually watched him play this year? He hasn't missed a beat. He didn't sign with an OS club but got the nod from a team that could potentially win this year.

blacksafake

First Grade
A little disappointed with this one...B Moz still has the speed we miss and experience especially when it comes to defensive decisions but agree we have some great kids coming through.. Seeing B Moz in the Roosters jersey come ANZAC day will be weird... They also signed Hall so where does that leave Toupo ?
They can give us Tupou if they like.

Gareth67

First Grade
Shame ! Shame ! Shame on all you honkies out there for having a go at the Rorters , they like all struggling clubs also deserve to be able to update their playing stocks . I can assure you that everything is above board and under the salary cap .

Did you hate him when he was playing for us? Rhetorical question at best.
No, loved him.
Hated it when he went to the dogs, traditional rival and all.
Understood it after his brother was treated so poorly.

Didn't want him back now because I believe the wing is where you bring your young fast guys into first grade and he would be just another impediment to that.