What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ross Re-signs Until 2020

Seage

Juniors
Finally some good news...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4771875/nathan-ross-extends-knights-contract-until-2020/?cs=12

NATHAN Ross will remain a Knight until 2020, the club has announced.

The outside back, who was already signed until 2018, has notched up 38 matches in the top grade since his 2015 debut.

Chief executive Matt Gidley said his great form had been “rewarded with an extension”.

“He has been at the club for a number of years and has worked really hard; he makes a significant contribution to the team each week,” Gidley said.

“Importantly, Nathan engages with our community and members in a meaningful way and we have no doubt that will continue.”

Ross was the Knights’ leading try-scorer in 2017.

He said he was proud to stay at the club.

“I love Newcastle… and consider myself a Novocastrian,” he said.

“I really believe in the direction the club is heading… and there is no way I was going to miss out on it.”

The fan favourite was dropped to reserve grade earlier this season after the City representative said he wanted to be paid what was “fair”.

The next week Nathan Brown named Brendan Elliott in Ross’ position.

“We’ll keep what we’re going to do with that in house and we’ll move forward,” Brown said at the time.

Ross said his fan favourite status was something he embraced.

“I think I love the fans more than they love me,” he said.

“I have shared my journey with the fans the whole way through and to be able to progress with them is something special.”

perverse

Referee
Clearly he went through the right channels this time and got his upgrade, which he's absolutely entitled to. Onya Rossdog, you won us all over eventually.

Seage

Juniors
I wonder if he signed the deal before or after his out-of-the-blue terrible game against the Tigers on Sunday.

That extra 100k from the other club may not have been there anymore...

Still Nutty

Juniors
Really happy for some positive news on the Knights at the moment and that is great to hear...passion, effort and hard work are what he has built his reputation on and they are the attributes that all players should bring...we now have a role model for all the those up and comers that there is reward for effort

Pedge1971

First Grade
What I like about the Ross Dog is he has spent the last 5 years being told by pretty much everyone he would never make a consistent first grader. Not only has he done that he has turned himself into a player that can win matches through big plays. Totally through hard work, will and determination.

He also seems to be a leader and a great team man. Fittler commented on the same when he had him in City Origin for the week. Epitomises the Knights motto. Really pmeased for him.

Old dog

Juniors
What I like about the Ross Dog is he has spent the last 5 years being told by pretty much everyone he would never make a consistent first grader. Not only has he done that he has turned himself into a player that can win matches through big plays. Totally through hard work, will and determination.

He also seems to be a leader and a great team man. Fittler commented on the same when he had him in City Origin for the week. Epitomises the Knights motto. Really pmeased for him.
Absolutely agree with you, a good result for hard work

Latest posts