What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rothfield rates Mortimer the 39th....

Mortimer may be 39th now but he will be much higher up the list in a couple of years. For now IMO Hayne and Burgess are simply the two most exciting talents in the game. Burgess is going to be THE forward of his era.

Parra Steve

Juniors
25, Brett Stewart
24. Ben Hannett
23. Ben Creagh
22. Jared Waerea Hargreaves
21. Cooper Cronk
20. Brett Morris
19. Brett Kimorley
18. Josh Morris
17. Feleti Mateo
16. Sam Burgess
15. Benji Marshall
14. Kurt Gidley
13. Darren Lockyer
12. Robbie Farah
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
9. Michael Jennings
8. Paul Gallen
7. Scott Prince
6. Anthony Watmough
5. Cameron Smith
4. Jonathan Thurston
3. Jarryd Hayne
2. Billy Slater
1. Greg Inglis

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...h/comments/buzzs_top_50_nrl_players_part_two/

Here's the rest, How Jared Hargreaves got into number 22 after playing just 6 nrl games is beyond me.

Fathead

Bench
greatest player in todays game in todays edition of the daily telegraph 1/3/2010. I rate the kid and think he is a fantastic player but is everyone getting way ahead of themselves here. The way things are going he will be getting a $500k contract to go with hayne:)

agreed !!

yy_cheng

Coach
Tally

4 Melb
4 Parra

3 Manly
3 Dogs

2 Saints
2 Tiges

Souths
Knights
Broncs
Penrith
Sharks
Titans
Cowboys

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
surprised to see Feleti rated so high

he's never even played any rep footy to my knowledge, other than for Tonga

Ron Jeremy

Coach
but what about the ''equally as talented as Hayne' Inu? lol oh yeah, he needs Tahu to make him rated lol

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you really need to get a new act RJ

this one is getting boring

johnkolc

Juniors
Tally

4 Melb
4 Parra

3 Manly
3 Dogs

2 Saints
2 Tiges

Souths
Knights
Broncs
Penrith
Sharks
Titans
Cowboys

I actually had the tally as:

5 - Parramatta, Melbourne, Canterbury
4 - Souths, St George
3 - Brisbane, Canberra, Manly, Penrith, Wests
2 - Cronulla, Gold Coast, NZ, Newcastle, Nth Qld, Boosters

Either way I'm sure we could all knock one up with pretty much the list of all players that played in and/or were ruled out of the All Stars game. Surely that did most of his hard work for him.

Wonder where he ranks Kevvy Kingston these days?

yy_cheng

Coach
I actually had the tally as:

5 - Parramatta, Melbourne, Canterbury
4 - Souths, St George
3 - Brisbane, Canberra, Manly, Penrith, Wests
2 - Cronulla, Gold Coast, NZ, Newcastle, Nth Qld, Boosters

Either way I'm sure we could all knock one up with pretty much the list of all players that played in and/or were ruled out of the All Stars game. Surely that did most of his hard work for him.

Wonder where he ranks Kevvy Kingston these days?

I don't understand.
Then you have

15+
8+
15+
= 40 players ????

I was tallying the number of players in the top 25 for each team.

lingard

Coach
Mortimer may be 39th now but he will be much higher up the list in a couple of years. For now IMO Hayne and Burgess are simply the two most exciting talents in the game. Burgess is going to be THE forward of his era.

I think he will be too. But it is far too early for anyone to make that prediction. I agree with you, though. he looks to have the potential to be as good as Arthur Beetson. If we are right, we`ll both be geniuses!
P.S. I`m not as confident about Mortimer. I don`t think he is going to scale the heights that many are predicting. If I`m wrong, I guess I`ll have to go back to being an idiot again. Oh well.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
I think he will be too. But it is far too early for anyone to make that prediction. I agree with you, though. he looks to have the potential to be as good as Arthur Beetson. If we are right, we`ll both be geniuses!
P.S. I`m not as confident about Mortimer. I don`t think he is going to scale the heights that many are predicting. If I`m wrong, I guess I`ll have to go back to being an idiot again. Oh well.

Not in the short term. I think FUI will still be on top as Fui is starting to throw Sterling passes.

Watch for Fui's chip and chase.