What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 01 (2004) - Lions v Souths

olympic park

Juniors
YAY WE WON!!!

great match and thanks to the lions for being great opponents! looks like its gonna be a bumper season for articles

skeepe

Immortal
Congrats everyone, some excellent articles by all. If this is indicitave of both sides for 2004, I don't think either of us will be too far away from the top of the table :D

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
The Dragon Fanatic Last Word

Sydney V South Sydney

This was the best game of the round. Some great performances by the Lions but Souths just got away from them thanks to the absolutely stellar game by Skeepe. With both teams tight throughout the whole match the Lions threw everything at the Bunnies but they just wouldnt budge an inch. Probably the turning point in the match was when the Lions skipper Roosterboy was concussed and as a result issued a below par performance. Skeepe was unbelievable and if he can consistently play like he did in this game then the Bunnies will have a Dally M medallist on their hands.

roosterboy60

Juniors
Captains Knock:

South Sydney basically just outclassed us in the important places. We had already played them in a trial so maybe that helped them but no excuses.

I was happy with the Lions effort though with all scores in the eights and I think we can all improve on that.

We won our trials but we have to play much better in the season to be there come Finals Time.

Collateral

Coach
Seano looks like he is a bit busy so,
Stand In captains Knock:

Solid game by everyone on both teams, which produced the game of the round.

We are glad to be 1st on the ladder after this game and look to put a greater gap inbetween us and second position when we take on the Mighty Panthers next week. It will be tough but we are quietly confident.

Best of luck to the Lions, good team, good effort. They are a team that you dont want to have to play when you need a win and I was more than pleased with a victory over them.