What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 04 (2004) Souths v Newtown

Anonymous

Juniors
gorilla said:
I can't post in the mgmt forum, and won't make thread of it - good spirit Seano :clap: and may the best team win.
Maggie
Ditto. The spirit of the F7s is alive and well. A great game and time to sample the amber liquid in the opposition's locker room. Cheers.

antonius

Coach
Souths Scores

RedDragon
Time to stop talking to no one
734 Words
Good subject, I just found this piece a little disjointed and repetitive.
Score 8.0

rabbitboy
Local Footy vs the Big League
735 Words

Reading this took me back to my introduction to the game, watching the local team go round. That was a lot of years ago, but I still follow their progress in the local comp. A well-constructed piece on the relationship people have with their local team, who really were their first taste of the game, and still its lifeblood.
Score 8.5

Clevo
Hungry for League
748 Words

Look, lets say I have a weird sense of humor, but I found this very funny, and the relationship between food and the various sections of the team, crowd, and referee spot on, very well written and thought out.
score 8.8

skeepe
The Super French?
750 Words

Informative piece that the less knowledgable international fans among us would appreciate. Well written with some thought provoking observations.
Score 8.6

Dogs of War.
A History Lesson for the NRL.
750 Words

This article raises some very contentious issues, I must admit I didn’t mind the comp when the reds, rams, and c/o were in it. Lots of arguments for and against truly nationalizing the comp again, Well put together with some facts to back up the writers’ points.
Score 8.6

Souths Total 42.5

Newtown Scores

Wal
The Colour Of The Club
744 Words

Definitely an article outside the square, with some logical thinking put into how/why clubs come up with strip/emblem designs. Very original.
Score 8.3

Gorilla
How could we tell?
750 Words.

An usual offering to say the least.
Score 8.1

Willow
Salary cap: your days are numbered
750 Words
An interesting view on the Salary caps evolvement, and future, the cap has been and always will be (until its suggested demise here) a hot topic of debate, for and against. A lot of contentious issues to debate in this one. Puts forward some strong figures to back up his points.
Score 8.5

Frank
Reverse Evolution
750 Words
The logic behind this piece is so true it’s sad. The way you guys come up with these gems continues to amaze.

Score 8.7

Rex
I see the shapes, I remember from maps and things.
Words 540.

So well written the descriptions paint a picture, this piece shows that a lot of words are not always needed.

Score 9.2

Newtown Total 42.8

Match result

Newtown 42.8 defeated Souths 42.5
MOM Rex (Newtown)

A high quality game with some excellent articles. Just like to mention the way Souths’, and in particular Seano conducted themselves re the full time problems, that’s what sportsmanship is all about, if all the captains show the same attitude then the game can only prosper. Well done to both teams.

Anonymous

Juniors
Wow... congrats to Rex for the great MOTM effort. Tremendous come back from the whole team. Great essays from Souths and class all the way - before and after the bell.

Thanks antonius for the reffing.

Big Mick

Referee
well done guys.

How do u figure this out, Souths beat Penrith, Penrith beat Newtown, Newtown beat Souths, heheheheheh.

Oh well.

Congrats to both teams.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well done Rex, awesome article. Real MOM effort.

Congrats to Newtown, you guys will be in the semi's for sure.

I better start writing some semi-final quality articles up now if that the sort of stuff you can bring off the bench.

skeepe

Immortal
Dammit I was hoping Rex wouldn't get the call-up :lol:

Great game guys, shame there had to be a loser. Chin up Souths, there's no shame in being beaten by last year's grand finalists.

Rexxy

Coach
Thanks for the kind words and specially the gracious gesture after full-time. I would like to think, in the same circumstances, I would be as understanding.

Thanks Southsfor a great close struggle and thanks to Seano.

And to Willow for going into bat for me ...AGAIN.....

LOL

Clevo

Juniors
Congrats to all especially Newtown.... I'll be brushing up on my prose for sure!

Great game had me coming back to read all articles again and again.

Cheers!

Seano

Juniors
Captains Comment

Congratulations to both teams for putting in such a great game.

Souths and Newtown have played out some classic matches over the last 2 seasons and im sure this will continue throughout the course of the season.

Special mentions must go Clevo and Rabbitboy for great debut articles, as well as Rex for his match winning piece.

Congratulations again to the bags and good luck.

rabs

Staff member
What a great game! congrats to both teams and especially Rex for pulling out the big one to get you guys over the line.

The Piper

Juniors
Great efforts by everyone who participated in this match.
Rex is a dead set legend for a man of the match prefromance after the late call up.
Seano and the Souths team are true sportsman. I really hope these teams meet again in the finals.
Thanks again to Willow for having enough faith in me to allow me to vice captain our great team.