What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 (2005) Lions Vs Dirty Reds

roosterboy60

Juniors
So your going to laugh at the Roosters when they lose with your girlfriend there. Not a very good move mate :lol: ;-)

MrCharisma

Bench
Yah it is cause I'll be there to pick up the pieces when she's sad ;)

Nah I'm not like that.. stop making me out to be the big meanie!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I should have added this: ;-)
But it does make it easier for the refs when they only have to look at match posts. We can't have you radicals getting out of hand now. :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Dizamn. I saw all of these extra posts and one from Willow, thought we'd had an ultra fast ref's decision. lol.

Best of luck everyone.

Dread

Juniors
Dirty Reds

Skeptic Ghost
Word count: 713
Comments: Hmmm… nicely written piece about admiring someone who is very special in your life, but it kind of draws a very long bow on its link to rugby league. It only loses marks because it isn’t really a rugby league piece; otherwise a strong effort.
Score: 72

Chriswalkerbush
Word count: 749
Comments: Read the whole thing with a smile on my face. A bit brash, certainly uncouth at times, but a nice bit of comedy and true in every sense of the word… especially the Dragons getting kicked out of last year’s finals. ;)
Score: 92

Andy
Word count: 741
Comments: Injuries… the bane of every team. Some good points raised, although you never really came to a solid conclusion.
Score: 82

PJ Marshal
Word count: 722
Comments: Don’t get me wrong, I dislike Gus Gould as much as the next Friday Night Football viewer. But this article is fairly scathing and not particularly constructive and as a result, I think it loses a lot of its effectiveness.
Score: 81

Mr Charisma
Word Count: 739
Comments: A completely surreal article, at times I had little idea what was going on but I loved it anyway. The Roosters fan day is a queer event? Anyway, there were a few spelling and grammatical errors which eroded your score a little bit, but otherwise it was thoroughly enjoyable.
Score: 86

Dirty Red total: 413

Lions

PK
Word count: 746
Comments: Very well written, unique, and though it ended kind of abruptly, you did well given the confines of the word limit. A very entertaining telling of the Mark Geyer story.
Score: 90

Parra_panther
Word count: 750
Comments: Started off very strongly with the sickeningly sarcastic satire of the Roosters place in the NRL. Kind of dropped off a bit after that; still funny though, and I liked the idea of a Brian Smith ‘motivational speech’. Since most newspaper articles trail off at the end though, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one – overall a good piece of comedy.
Score: 88

Roosterboy60
Word count: 731
Comments: A few minor grammar issues to iron out; otherwise fairly well written. Will rugby league still be around in a hundred years? I have no doubt about it, but I imagine it’ll be hugely different to the game we watch now.
Score: 82

Everlovin’ Antichrist
Word count: 748
Comments: A good summary of the situation, strong writing. The Gold Coast definitely seems the best option for expansion for both the NRL and the AFL; let’s just hope we get there first.
Score: 87

Mr Rock
Word count: 750
Comments: I definitely do remember the first time I ran out onto the field in the Under 7’s… absolute horror best describes it :p. Anyway, I digress: a very entertaining article about an often overlooked area of the wonderful sport.
Score: 86

Lions total: 433

Game result:
Lions 433 defeat Dirty Reds 413
Man of the Match: chriswalkerbush

*Sandy*

First Grade
Wow! I did good! :D And i know what you mean Captain Dread - I had a hard time scaling it down to fit in the word limit.

Well done Lions!!

Congrats on the MOM CWB!

Broncodroid

Juniors
Congrats to the Lions and commiserations to the Reds...nice article CWB just quietly ;-)

Head up Skeptic Ghost, it's Round 1, I enjoyed your article truth be known. I am sure CWB will echo my thoughts and say there is no need for sorry here :D This was a high quality game from the outset after reading the articles posted.

:clap: to all involved.

I'm with Broncodroid, I enjoyed your article too Skeptic, don't be disheartened mate.

Thanks for the game Reds and thanks to Captain Dread for the reffing.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Nice result boys, especially against such a classy outfit. Great effort from all involved.

Skeptic, I loved your article, and don't let the lower mark get you down. I know what you're capable of, and as Dread says, all that hurt you was that it didn't link into rugby league so well. It happens, and I know you'll be better for it.

Top effort guys, and thanks for the MoM Dread. My highest mark ever! :)