What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 (2007) Knights v Panthers

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
phew!

I was reading the articles without really noticing anything else and had the strangest feeling of deja vu :lol:

glockers

Juniors
Sorry boys, only just found out then about the substitute. Even had an article handy. Work went past deadline for me and I didn't get home till late last night.

Oh well. Good job Big Mick.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm in the loop, no worries.

I'll be marking match tomorrow (Saturday). Tried to finish it today but the bbqs beckoned. :D

Good luck both teams... some great reads. :thumn

Willow

Assistant Moderator
PANTHERS

Madunit
Race to 1000
A summary of the history of Easts in their quest to achieve 1000 wins. A good read and well researched.
Score: 80

Waken
The History of Rivalry
From survival of the fittest in the animal kingdom to rivalry on the football field. Good subject matter which could have done with some extra zest.
Score: 75

LeagueNut
It’s all in the mind
An opinion piece of rugby league perceptions, and the view of inevitability when trying to overcome those perceptions.
Score: 82

[furrycat]
The wonderful world of Willie Wanker
Very funny while having a big gripe about player greed, with Willie Mason in the author’s sights.
Score: 90

Big Mick ©Rugby League - A young man's game?
An interesting look at the age of rugby league players. A good read and worthy of further publication.
Score: 86

PANTHERS TOTAL: 413

KNIGHTS

Downie
Hello? Customer service speaking?
A dig at the clubs after the author had a rough time in seeking work experience. Good story telling and personal touch. Not sure of the relevance between customer service and looking for a job, but the issue of how clubs treat their fans is subject worthy of discussion. Well written.
Score: 80

CWBush
Footymania
St Helens ‘Dragons’? A small glitch in an otherwise funny read and an offbeat way of matching sides up.
Score: 79

Mackdadday
Alive & Well
(posted by proxy by CWBush)
In praise of the North Sydney Bears and the pride that goes with being a Norths supporter.
Score: 83

MrCharisma
What The?!
Discovering Henson Park and the joys of living in Marrickville. Excellent subject matter related to inner city suburban football grounds. A few typos hindered an otherwise well written article.
Score: 88

Brandell
Assault League…
Tongue-in-cheek look at bringing weapons onto the football field.
Score: 87

KNIGHTS TOTAL: 417

RESULT:
KNIGHTS 417 defeat PANTHERS 413

POTM: [furrycat] (Panthers)

Well played both teams.

Note on word count:
It appears that we had a few word counts prior to full time which conflicted with the fixed official word counter after full time. For this reason, I used referee’s discretion and chose to overlook the word counter for this round only.

The Piper

Juniors
Well done Knights. Good articles all round.

Good job Panthers, too. Lets get off the mark next week.
And very well done to furry

Misanthrope

Staff member
Whoot! Well done lads! An inexperienced side managed to produce the goods against a Panthers side I rate highly. My own mark - not so good, but when you're writing in a hurry so you're not late for work, this happens.

Top start to the season, guys!

Big Mick

Referee
quite happy with my mark given i wrote it in 10 minutes hahaha.

Well done to the Knights.

Thanks Willow for the prompt marking.

Heads up Panthers...we are still a force this season, this was our first hit out...we'll be better for the run.

LeagueNut

First Grade
[furrycat] scored a 90??!!?? :shock:

OH ... MY ... GOD!! That's it, the world is officially over. I expect the 4 horsemen will be knocking on my door shortly ... so it's been nice knowing you all, and I hope to catch up with you in the afterlife sometime.

BUT SERIOUSLY - congrats to the Knights, and commiserations to our boys. On the bright side it's Mick's birthday, so he can't get too cranky at us! :alcho:

Cheers to Willow for the marking as well. :thumn

Big Mick

Referee
i've turned a new leaf LN...no cranky. Since being in a relationship iv'e seen there are many other frustrations in this world...many many others. haha

[furrycat]

Coach
I've had about 8 "89"'s in my career. Its about time I got one :lol:

Cheers for the marking Willow and well done Knights.