What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 team - what will it be?

Whoosh

Juniors
Ben Barba
Steve Turner
Krisnan Inu
Josh Morris
Sam Perrett
Josh Reynolds
Kris Keating
Aiden Tolman
Michael Ennis ©
Sam Kasiano
Frank Pritchard
Josh Jackson
Tony Williams

Dene Halatau
Corey Payne
Dale Finucane
Greg Eastwood

Obviously Graham is out for a little while, and I still find it hard to split Keating and Hodkinson, but that's what I have come up with.

Later in the year I assume we'll see the likes of Klemmer, Marty Tapau, Mitch Brown and Romelo at various stages as well.

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
Hoping to see something like:

01. Ben Barba
02. Tim Lafai
03. Krisnan Inu
04. Josh Morris
05. Sam Perrett
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Hard to split Hodkinson and Keating.. Pre-season form I guess.
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Dene Halatau
- Interchange
14. Josh Jackson
15. Dale Finucane
16. Martin Taupau
17. Greg Eastwood

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ben Barba
Steve Turner
Krisnan Inu
Josh Morris
Sam Perrett
Josh Reynolds
Kris Keating
Aiden Tolman
Michael Ennis ©
Sam Kasiano
Frank Pritchard
Josh Jackson
Tony Williams

Dene Halatau
Corey Payne
Dale Finucane
Greg Eastwood

Obviously Graham is out for a little while, and I still find it hard to split Keating and Hodkinson, but that's what I have come up with.

Later in the year I assume we'll see the likes of Klemmer, Marty Tapau, Mitch Brown and Romelo at various stages as well.
Replace T-Rex with Halatau, I don't think he'll play at lock. He'll more than likely play in the 2nd row. Also have Eastwood starting in place of JJ. As long as the beard-brothers start, I'll be happy :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Josh Morris
5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Kris Keating
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange
14. Josh Jackson
15. Dale Finucane
16. Martin Taupau/David Klemmer
17. Dene Halatau

As much as I rate Hodko, Keating was exceptional in 2012 and has earned the #7 jersey until he plays himself out of it.

IMO it wouldn't hurt to have him as a backup half/hooker on the bench with Ennis getting older but at the same time, it would reduce the versatility and energy of the forward pack.

I'd also like to see Dave Klemmer get a run early in the season.

Quick one for Matty - why Turner on the outer? Likely his last season at the club and still a consummate professional, wing spot should be offered to him first IMO

MatthewA

Juniors
I love Zap, but as you said it's his last year. He's injury riddled and slow. He can finish a try, pretty strong in defence as well.

He's also a right side winger, just like Perrett. He could adapt with a switch no doubt (he use to play left side at Storm on occasion didn't he?) But Lafai is a huge talent. He dominated the lower grades and first grade at centre but given we have Inu and Morris I think a switch to the wing would be excellent for him. He's very tall, strong, fast and great under the high ball. Could be a gem.

richies

Juniors
I would like too see Timmy in the squad as he really surprised me this year but who do you leave out?

I spoke to James Graham in Belmore. Kasiano is definitely injured, but hopes to be back by the start of the season, James wasn't sure on the extent of the injury, as they are still looking into it, he seemed confident he would be okay for Round 1, but couldn't be sure either.

Shandy

Juniors
1.Barba
2.Turner
3.Morris
4.Inu
5.Perrett
6.Reynolds
7.Hodkinson / Keating
8.Tolman
9.Ennis (c)
10.Kasiano
11.Pritchard
12.Jackson
13.Eastwood

14.Halatau
15.Finucane
16.Williams
17.Klemmer

Big man

Juniors
It is rumoured that Kasiano has a number of small fractures in his foot, he came back from his off season break weighing in over 145kgs which had caused stress fractures to his foot, it is rumoured he may be out for 8 weeks. As for Pritchard, it is also rumoured that he re damaged his groin while attending a party over the weekend, he too is rumoured to be possibly out for 6 weeks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Rumoured, rumoured, rumoured?

Care to share where you heard such ridiculous RUMOURS?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Is that so little man? Even though they both played in the trial 10 days ago and looked good?

Anyone care to ban this idiot considering that he's re-posted something that was originally deleted?

Big man

Juniors
Rumoured, rumoured, rumoured?

Care to share where you heard such ridiculous RUMOURS?

An official of the club, why don't you call the club and ask about both and if I'm wrong ban me from your forum but if I'm right I expect an apology.

Bulldog Force

Referee
An official of the club, why don't you call the club and ask about both and if I'm wrong ban me from your forum but if I'm right I expect an apology.
Because you ARE wrong you moron!
It is rumoured that Kasiano has a number of small fractures in his foot, he came back from his off season break weighing in over 145kgs which had caused stress fractures to his foot, it is rumoured he may be out for 8 weeks. As for Pritchard, it is also rumoured that he re damaged his groin while attending a party over the weekend, he too is rumoured to be possibly out for 6 weeks.
Kasiano played in the trial last week and if he was 145 kgs he would've had a heart attack. To even think that Dessie would let a player flop out like that is ludacris. Give yourself an uppercut... save me the trouble!

Big man

Juniors

Kasiano played in the trial last week and if he was 145 kgs he would've had a heart attack. To even think that Dessie would let a player flop out like that is ludacris. Give yourself an uppercut... save me the trouble!

He came back from off season at 145kg and a foot complaint, they got him back to 139kg and not long after his foot got worse and they carried out tests and found he had small fractures in his foot, mainly due from his excessive weight. I never said he played at 145kg, his weight ballooned during his off season break. But hey. wait till this weekend and see if Pritchard or Kasiano are playing and if not call the club and ask why?

MatthewA

Juniors
Pritchard and Kasiano actually didn't play last week BF.

But yes, everything is rumoured until it comes from an official source.

You claim in your first post it's a rumour, and then you claim in your second that an official from the club told you.

Thy will not play in this weeks trial either. I spoke to Kasiano a day after the jets trial match, and I can confirm that what you said about 8 weeks is not true, not even close mate. He will be back by round 2 the latest, which is what he told me. The boot he had on came off last week, and he is progressing really well. Pritchard is back in round 1. According to his own twitter account.

Last edited:

Kasiano didn't play in the trial against the jets, will not play against the raiders either, back in round one or two the latest.

Latest posts