What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Souths

This Year?

Immortal
I still have PTSD from the that f**king Wollongong comeback in 2011, the 50 during covid and the indigenous round comeback at Kogarah from 16-0. Their kids running us ragged in the last 20 and a smug Demetriou in the stands at the last Charity Shield.
No game against them is a gimme and if we do get on top we must go on with it like the Roosters did to us on ANZAC Day.

Dragon David

First Grade
This has all the signs of a loss , They are a depleted team , we are at near full strength at home ........ Yep seen this before ........
Well and truly have seen this before. I'm sure we got done by their many reserve grade players who were called up to firsts a season or so ago. In the Charity Shield this year we managed to keep level with them at half time. Several of our senior guys went off and same for the Bunnies and youngsters came on and they ran over us.

We cannot be complacent as they have some quality players still lined up ready and willing to rumble.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well and truly have seen this before. I'm sure we got done by their many reserve grade players who were called up to firsts a season or so ago. In the Charity Shield this year we managed to keep level with them at half time. Several of our senior guys went off and same for the Bunnies and youngsters came on and they ran over us.

We cannot be complacent as they have some quality players still lined up ready and willing to rumble.
I agree David.....but its about time we started rumbling instead of crumbling

denis preston

First Grade
I’d be more confident if the Couchmans were picked. No Lawrie and their enthusiasm would match anything South’s throw at us. Surely some players have to be dropped after the rorters riot and last Sunday’s second half effort? The Couchmans are the only form players in Reggie’s and deserve a go.

Parko1310

Juniors
1. Sloan 2. Tuipolotu 3. Suli 4. Lomax 5. Ravalawa 6. Flanagan 7. Hunt 8. F Molo 9. Liddle 10. Sele 11. Leilua 12. Su'a 13. Eisenhuth 14. Brown 15. De Belin 16. T Couchman 17. BMM

That would be the team I'd pick. Bird just not offering enough and comes up with at least an error a game, meaning his contribution is at an overall negative. Tuipolotu has been solid and was in the top 5 metres gained for round 9, hasn't really done much wrong. Long term I don't think I'd want him in the side, but this is the best we have atm in my opinion. Won't happen though. Lawrie, just get out of the team. Couchman in, been killing it in reserves. RFM out and Luc in. RFM hasn't been necessarily bad, but he often gets dominated in contact, particularly when we're defending. Hasn't really offered something since round 1 to be honest. 18th man for me.

Dragon David

First Grade
I’d be more confident if the Couchmans were picked. No Lawrie and their enthusiasm would match anything South’s throw at us. Surely some players have to be dropped after the rorters riot and last Sunday’s second half effort? The Couchmans are the only form players in Reggie’s and deserve a go.
Yes, I agree Denis. Time for some changes and if not both of the Couchman boys, then at least select the better of the two.

st.phil

Bench
hmmm maybe the saints "lose the unlosable" would be on if we'd beat the Sharks and thinking we are hot shit ... but we played poorly and Flanno seemed more pissed than anzac so will be after a firey performance at home. This plus suli and leilua back (pretty much our most impactful ball runners) and Hunt to finally play a min 6 / 10, strong performance coming before the bye IMO. Drags by plenty (lucky I dont believe in jinxs)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm hoping to see Cake as 18th man this week and young T. Couch get a run.

Latrell back can go both ways, he'll either need the run and start sucking in the big ones early, or he'll tear us a new one. Sloan idolises him so I hope he's not lost in admiration, rather he try to emulate him.

justadragon

Bench
I really wish I could align my head and my heart on this one, what a sad state of affairs, its with every Dragons fibre that I say Dragons by 10, but I do have my "I'm disgusted post" ready to go if needed, which I hope it isn't. God its great to be a Dragons supporter, never a dull moment !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
I really wish I could align my head and my heart on this one, what a sad state of affairs, its with every Dragons fibre that I say Dragons by 10, but I do have my "I'm disgusted post" ready to go if needed, which I hope it isn't. God its great to be a Dragons supporter, never a dull moment !!!
Nowadays as a Dragons supporter you just have to hope for the best. As a Panthers supporter, you know that you will get the best.

Latest posts