What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Souths

steerlerbab

Juniors
Full strength South would have beaten us hands down. However they have a lot of top players out and several rookies in. On paper comparing the teams we beat them in the backs but they have the edge over us in the forwards and interchange is neck and neck. If Latrell has a blinder and he is one of those players than can win a game by himself (We have not had one since Mundine), then we lose. So South will win unless we control Latrell. For us to win, Sloan must have a blinder and Flanno has to identify the weak link in the rookies and target him.

Here is the comparison

Backs

Mitchell is much better than Sloan (-)
Lomax much better than rookie Shibasaki (+)
Wighton is better Mosese Suli (-)
Bird is better than Chee Kam (+)
Ravalawa is better than Thompson (+)
Walker is much better than Flanagan (-)
Hunt is much better than Teaupa (+)

FORWARDS

F Molo is much better than Davvy Moale (+)
Cook is much better than Jacob Liddle (-)
Sele and Sean Keppie are equal (.)
Koloamatangi is better than Faitala-Mariner (-)
Su'A and Arrow are equal (.)
Eisenhuth and Havili (.)

INTERCHANGE

Brown and Mamouzelos are equal (.)
Duncan is better than Lawrie (-)
De Belin and Burgess are equal (.)
Murdoch-Masila is better than French (+)

BLM01

First Grade
Full strength South would have beaten us hands down. However they have a lot of top players out and several rookies in. On paper comparing the teams we beat them in the backs but they have the edge over us in the forwards and interchange is neck and neck. If Latrell has a blinder and he is one of those players than can win a game by himself (We have not had one since Mundine), then we lose. So South will win unless we control Latrell. For us to win, Sloan must have a blinder and Flanno has to identify the weak link in the rookies and target him.

Here is the comparison

Backs

FORWARDS

Eisenhuth and Havili (.)

INTERCHANGE

Don’t forget Walker
He is the key in attack playing his 200.th

justadragon

Bench

Here is the comparison

Backs

FORWARDS

Eisenhuth and Havili (.)

INTERCHANGE

Good analysis mate, but one thing I'd like you to consider is the ability of a rookie half making our marquee half look stupid.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Here is the comparison

Backs

FORWARDS

Eisenhuth and Havili (.)

INTERCHANGE

All good. Dragons by 6 it is then.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I'm starting to get the impression Flanno has a different methodology to what a lot of us would expect.

I have worked in communications my whole adult life and when fault finding issues or problems, which happens a lot, only changing 1 thing at a time is very important to identifying the root cause.

Over the first 10 rounds, consistency has been our biggest issue.

Some games, our defence is really cohesive and aggressive. Others it is disjointed and passive.

Some games, our attack looks fluid and connected and threatening. Other games, it looks clunky, misdirected and limp.

As a team, some players have looked really good at times, and at other times, really poor. Lomax and Su'A have been up there as our best for example. But both had shockers against the roosters and dolphins respectively.

From the outside looking in, it seems to me to be an attitude problem, not a systems problem because both our attack and defence have looked really good at different stages. Players not getting up for every single game is the issue as I see it.

If I were a betting man. I am looking at the first ten rounds and am under the impression Flanno has given his top 20 players these rounds to sort things out. See how the team responds. If he kept chopping and changing players every week, he wouldn't know if it was the players, systems or attitudes that were the problem.

This has also given Toby and Ryan the chance to stand out and stake their claim. If they were in and out of the team, they wouldn't be posting the numbers they are because they wouldn't be THE guys. But by giving them time in NSW cup, Flanno has a real idea that they are too good for that level and can start to filter them through and trust them to play a role, not just blood them because he is desperate.

Come round 12, I could be proven well wrong. But if you keep chopping and changing the team after every win or lose, you never know what team you have.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors

Here is the comparison

Backs

FORWARDS

Eisenhuth and Havili (.)

INTERCHANGE

there's no world were Sele and Keppie are equal.
Apart from that, pretty accurate

I'm starting to get the impression Flanno has a different methodology to what a lot of us would expect.

I have worked in communications my whole adult life and when fault finding issues or problems, which happens a lot, only changing 1 thing at a time is very important to identifying the root cause.

Over the first 10 rounds, consistency has been our biggest issue.

Some games, our defence is really cohesive and aggressive. Others it is disjointed and passive.

Some games, our attack looks fluid and connected and threatening. Other games, it looks clunky, misdirected and limp.

As a team, some players have looked really good at times, and at other times, really poor. Lomax and Su'A have been up there as our best for example. But both had shockers against the roosters and dolphins respectively.

From the outside looking in, it seems to me to be an attitude problem, not a systems problem because both our attack and defence have looked really good at different stages. Players not getting up for every single game is the issue as I see it.

If I were a betting man. I am looking at the first ten rounds and am under the impression Flanno has given his top 20 players these rounds to sort things out. See how the team responds. If he kept chopping and changing players every week, he wouldn't know if it was the players, systems or attitudes that were the problem.

This has also given Toby and Ryan the chance to stand out and stake their claim. If they were in and out of the team, they wouldn't be posting the numbers they are because they wouldn't be THE guys. But by giving them time in NSW cup, Flanno has a real idea that they are too good for that level and can start to filter them through and trust them to play a role, not just blood them because he is desperate.

Come round 12, I could be proven well wrong. But if you keep chopping and changing the team after every win or lose, you never know what team you have.
From his Sharks days till now, it's always been Flanno's M.O. to stick to the same 17-20 players.

The Couchman boys showed they were too good for Cup last year.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
I actually think there are a few inaccuracies.

Cook's career has been awesome. But he's not better than Liddle now.

Frank Molo is good, but Davy Moale is also going really well.

Blake Lawrie is better than Tallis Duncan.
yeah fair enough.

I would have cook and liddle closer, more equal than anything (maybe cook slightly ahead)

Molo is better than Moale tbh, and Duncan is a gun, but right now you would have to have them as equal i wouldv'e thought.

yeah fair enough.

I would have cook and liddle closer, more equal than anything (maybe cook slightly ahead)

Molo is better than Moale tbh, and Duncan is a gun, but right now you would have to have them as equal i wouldv'e thought.
Frank is better than Moale. I just think "much better" underestimates how good Moale is. Duncan needs to improve his defence.

Latest posts