What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Souths

matPORTS

Juniors
Was really happy with the effort of all our forwards tonight. Souths came to play and for a while there we had some scoreboard pressure. But got the job done when it counted.

5 wins and 5 losses to start the season. I think most of us would have taken that and considered it an overachievement prior to the start of the season proper. With our first bye coming up next week, that's 12 competition points and probably a tick in the box for this first part of the season.

Looking forward to seeing what part two of the season brings, which will be a four week run to the next Bye where we have Bulldogs (A), Panthers (A - without Origin players), Tigers (H), Sea Eagles (A). All very winnable matches.

NRLMad

Juniors
Wingers should be tamale/fainu - both electric players with a lot of talent, don’t know why we’d keep selecting ravalava - metres only? Played well in NSW cup. I also like the 14 Fainu as a backup instead of Brown. The forwards were generally ok, the prop was good - not big though. The young half is good also, zippy and seems smart. Marskce dependable and played well also.

This Year?

Immortal
The best part was when Souths made about 10 metres from a set coming off their line and our defence was brutal. There were periods in that game where Souths looked completely beaten.
Was hoping we'd put the cleaners through them but I'm very glad we won. If we done that to their full strength team I would have been over the moon.

Dragon David

First Grade
The best part was when Souths made about 10 metres from a set coming off their line and our defence was brutal. There were periods in that game where Souths looked completely beaten.
Was hoping we'd put the cleaners through them but I'm very glad we won. If we done that to their full strength team I would have been over the moon.
Yes our defence was pretty solid last night against a side containing players from lower grades and a couple brought in from elsewhere. The injury toll of the Bunnies also allowed us to win the KOE Cup quite well as several of their players moved up to first grade.

Hornby will win a good number of games as the interim coach once the injured players come back into the first grade team.

I am so glad that we won the games yesterday and it was good to see the mothers come out onto the field at the start of the game.

Time for a well earned rest next week.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
The 3 Souths tries against all were against our right side defence really exposed Birdy.

I get it it that Walker comes that most of the time anyway but ….Two kicks in behind Birdy lead to two tries

the third one they new if they left Birdy flat footed up in the line he would not be able scramble across fast enough which would leave Lomax to long in the line also

dungay dragon

Juniors
The 3 Souths tries against all were against our right side defence really exposed Birdy.

I get it it that Walker comes that most of the time anyway but ….Two kicks in behind Birdy lead to two tries

the third one they new if they left Birdy flat footed up in the line he would not be able scramble across fast enough which would leave Lomax to long in the line also
Not sticking up for Bird but our Marquee Half was posted inside JB and struggled to move up on his opponent causing the overlap .
Yesterdays game was always going to be tough against a side full of debutants and keen to show they were worthy.Next week will be much tougher for them
We always appeared to have control and played mostly in 2nd gear ..
We still have a hell of a lot to work on , but the green shoots are appearing ...
Spec mention Sua JDB F Molo
Bench rotation much better although hardly saw Nu Brown .. something to address there

Reading he is yet to be contracted past this season. Has been treated poorly, is better than Ressie standard. Also the Couchmans have yet to be extended too. Seems Flanagan is ignoring some promising guys, is clearing our club of some of our older but still good players, yet is offering our duds lifelines. I dont get it!!!

Draginzaaar

Bench

So you expect a Centre that has the ball kicked behind him to beat a player that is running forward at pace. Yeah that would mean no tries are ever scored with a kick in behind.

Sloan I think cost your team a try or two last night. Not due to his defence, but due to an unwillingness to pass the blasted ball. Twice they made good raids down the right hand side, and he had an unmarked winger outside him, but Sloan went on his own instead of just a simple draw and pass.

since77

Juniors
Well I am glad that we won a game that our sides in the past would have lost. Would have preferred a more convincing win but I'll take a 5 - 5 record at this stage of the year considering what we looked like under Griffin.
Hopefully next game I'll see young Couchman get his jersey dirty while Lawrie gets a sore ass wearing the number 18 jersey.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sloan was on hand but overan the play due to the chip. You have to admit the kid is showing far more defensive intent and attitude this season. Perhaps not quite up with Edwards standard yet, but will get there.
Yes, Sloan is showing much more resilience and determination in his games lately. Players do make mistakes as we all know some worse than others, but I am sure that Sloan has much more to learn and he will get there in the end and be a beauty for us.