What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Souths

HenryTatana

Juniors
A
The 3 Souths tries against all were against our right side defence really exposed Birdy.

I get it it that Walker comes that most of the time anyway but ….Two kicks in behind Birdy lead to two tries

the third one they new if they left Birdy flat footed up in the line he would not be able scramble across fast enough which would leave Lomax to long in the line also
And guess which side the Doggies will go down with Burton, Kikau, Roids and Ado Carr?

Rocket Rod

Juniors
They won which is all we can ask for at this stage
I know Bird gets a lot of flack on here but I think he plays with passion and aggression
He scored a strong centre’s try at a crucial stage, errors well they all have them but he contributes a lot
Now blocka needs to go asap as soon as he comes on he drops the ball, they score from ensuring scrum and he looks on with that dopey look on his face. He has no assets at all

Parko1310

Juniors
They won which is all we can ask for at this stage
I know Bird gets a lot of flack on here but I think he plays with passion and aggression
He scored a strong centre’s try at a crucial stage, errors well they all have them but he contributes a lot
Now blocka needs to go asap as soon as he comes on he drops the ball, they score from ensuring scrum and he looks on with that dopey look on his face. He has no assets at all
You'll also notice a lot of opposition team's chances/line breaks/a try comes off a Blake Lawrie tackle as well. Happened multiple times yesterday where he gets thrown to the side of the ruck, leading to having no ruck control and an opposition quick play the ball, fails to get to marker, and the opposition take advantage of the pace of the ruck and the extra space in behind. It leads to our defenders scrambling to get onside/get in position to make a tackle. He is just awful Blake Lawrie, I actually can't believe there's a sprinkling of fans still defending him. This stuff has been going on for years with him, and he isn't getting any better

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
I was out and about last night so didn’t watch as closely as I would’ve liked, however did see enough:

- Bomber was really good last night, surely we have to re-sign him
- All our starting middles (Sele, Molo and JDB) didn’t miss a tackle all night. Love to see it
- we won, which is the main thing, but we definitely had poor spells in the game
- Sele in particular really bent the line, that’s his best game for us
- kicking was much better, not a coincidence that happened when Kyle did more of the kicking
- good to see Sloan get involved with assists and not just tries. He keeps getting better
- glad Liddle got 80 last night

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The 3 Souths tries against all were against our right side defence really exposed Birdy.

I get it it that Walker comes that most of the time anyway but ….Two kicks in behind Birdy lead to two tries

the third one they new if they left Birdy flat footed up in the line he would not be able scramble across fast enough which would leave Lomax to long in the line also
Sloan should have easily diffused the last try, he went to kick it instead of simply taking it as a good fullback should. He is getting better but this shit has to stop now.

Old Timer

Coach
Had the second best RMs behind Jack if my stats are correct. Do wish he'd loose that gut flab tho. Dan Lawson give him double time in the gym and add muscle instead.
His total metres include the one's he takes running up to the line before the pass to him is even thrown.

They should also deduct the metres he is pushed back after the defence engages with him.

If he went to the open market tomorrow he wouldn't even end up with Sam Burgess as coach.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
His total metres include the one's he takes running up to the line before the pass to him is even thrown.

They should also deduct the metres he is pushed back after the defence engages with him.

If he went to the open market tomorrow he wouldn't even end up with Sam Burgess as coach.
What? They don’t count metres you run without the ball lol

Sloan should have easily diffused the last try, he went to kick it instead of simply taking it as a good fullback should. He is getting better but this shit has to stop now.
100%.

He is getting better, and the errors that come from lack of commitment have to stop right now. It would be OK if he tried to dive on the ball and stuffed up. But what he did is not OK. Trying to kick it was the casual option. The dropped bomb when he had a look at the chaser coming to iron him out was another example of not putting his body on the line.

In general, he will make mistakes. That's OK. I won't complain about them. But the mistakes that are due to lack of commitment must stop.

However, I thought he was excellent until those two moments. His defence is improving, which is great.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I wish Hunt would stop double pumping almost every pass he throws...it must be a bloody nightmare for the receivers to get their timing spot on....I've noticed in particular Flanno jnr and Suli struggle with it .......it's ok now and again to put an element of doubt in an òppositions sliding defence but he's become so predictable with it it just negates our blokes effectiveness.........whilst I'm on the subject of passing Lids needs to watch his passes from dummy half , of late Ive noticed a poor service from him where he quite often doesnt hit the chest of our ball runners and their momentoms are slowed......with the intensity and speed of the game today its these area that Flanno needs to address.......I was going to suggest maybe Dean Young could help, then I remembered his distribution from dummy half at times was crap.....anyhow just a few points Ive noticed where improvement needs attention