What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Souths

BLM01

First Grade
The 3 Souths tries against all were against our right side defence really exposed Birdy.

I get it it that Walker comes that most of the time anyway but ….Two kicks in behind Birdy lead to two tries

the third one they new if they left Birdy flat footed up in the line he would not be able scramble across fast enough which would leave Lomax to long in the line also
Disagree in part their 3rd try was a real lucky lottery and could of gone anywhere but in the end should of been cleaned up by Sloan.
Birdy was not the only one exposed. The winger and fullback also should be ready when the attack swings that way, but sometimes the fullback has made a tackle on the other side and cannot always get there.

My take on last night is the Dragons did not let me down
Still frustrating to watch in attack more so first half and bombed tries and at times we are still one of the worst of cleaning up a loose ball going everywhere
But our defense was mainly on again and we won what should of been easier against 7 of their top players out
Rava's timing in keeping up with the play and his hands are really letting him down and he needs to work harder
Thankfully the skipper did not listen to Zac and his potential wasted challenge as we know the bunker sees things no one else can and Belinda got a lot of our decisions wrong
Luckily we overturned that decision in the 2nd half early (turning point for me at 14-10?) with the challenge we had up our sleeve
5-5. going into the bye. OK as you dont need to be playing your best right now but find a way to win.

BLM01

First Grade
Sloan I think cost your team a try or two last night. Not due to his defence, but due to an unwillingness to pass the blasted ball. Twice they made good raids down the right hand side, and he had an unmarked winger outside him, but Sloan went on his own instead of just a simple draw and pass.
Not so sure as the winger would of been covered from the cover defense... but maybe
His double pump or delay pass to Bird was perfect which opened up the hole for him to crash into

Last edited:

FlickFlano

Juniors
he had a dozen runs two out off scrums into spaced defenders ... easy metres there
Actual metres where he was taking it from a dummy half into the teeth of the defence ... shit metres with shit play the ball speeds killing that play and the next one.

NRLMad

Juniors
hunt kicked a bit better, still needs to learn the simple control / time wasting technique of grubbering into touch. I can not understand his lack of versatility with regards to kicks - he should surprise people as he’s very predictable. Marshke may have a better kicking game, longer and well directed

Finau
Tamale
You saying these two will or wont make top grade? Both are in the top 30 so have to get some game time soon. Finau has played one game since he joined us, Tamale yet to debut. They are going ok in Ressies but is not easy to impress selectors when you have halves the calibre of Marshcke and Ralph, after the best of the trio, Glover was surprisingly dropped weeks ago.