What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Magic Round - BYE

SBD82

Coach
Pretty bold predictions about Lomax, Sua and Hunt all playing origin.

I think Hunt will be there, but mainly due to injury.

Sua is pretty unlikely. Unless there are a heap of injuries.

And Lomax is a coin flip. He’s playing well enough, but the coach would have to be confident that his half could put the ball in the right place for him.

Dragon David

First Grade
Pretty bold predictions about Lomax, Sua and Hunt all playing origin.

I think Hunt will be there, but mainly due to injury.

Sua is pretty unlikely. Unless there are a heap of injuries.

And Lomax is a coin flip. He’s playing well enough, but the coach would have to be confident that his half could put the ball in the right place for him.
I agree, Hunt will be 14 and Su'A and Lomax not in.

denis preston

First Grade
I dont expect/assume anything from any of our games really.. especially with origin... feels like we have days where things work out and days where we are very pedestrian... I just dont respect our roster to be capable of too much more, the class isnt there.. the hands.. the finishing touches.. its like rolling dice if we turn half breaks into something... I'm really just driven by the hope of 2025 signings.. and try to get a glimpse of the future we are working so hard to reach... far outs its been a long wait to sign some talent.

The dogs though are playing very solid footy, every game theyve been in.. and its a Dogs home game.. I think they will be favourites.. but its also a game we can obviously win... and the week off I think will be great, im sure the players will get a little rest, but its also a chance to finally stop... and work on some areas we can improve.. and possibly if he was considering couchie for a bench spot... now would be a good time to drop him in.
Agree Rev, we have some very ordinary players and are probably overachieving at present, which is a credit to the players & coaching staff. Said it before, if we make the 9 , Flano coach of the year!

Phantom V

Juniors
All good p
Next 4 games are crucial to our season. All four are winnable. I'm nervous though.. particularly for Panthers and Tigers. Like you say, we can handle one player being out (maybe), but if we have two or three out, we just don't have the squad to handle it. The prospect of a K Flanagan halves pairing with Marschke/Brown/Bird really worries me, it's a deadset reserves pairing whichever way we go. Which is why quite selfishly for our club, I'd rather Su'a and Lomax aren't picked. I'd be happy for them personally obviously, but I think we go 1-3 or 2-2 over the next 4 if we have three origin players.

Panthers still have a good team even with their origin players out. Their front row will be completely in tact, they'll still probably have Edwards, May, Tago, and Alamoti is good cover for them. They'll still likely have Luai. Tigers probably only have one origin player (Api), maybe two if Madge goes with Stefano. I'm not sure we win that game if we've got 2 or 3 out considering origin players won't back up. Dogs game is really crucial to get the two points, and I think we can cover Manly going into our second bye. I'd love to win all 4, and it is achievable depending on origin selections. Flano really needs to get them up for this next month, it's a big one, (we also don't really travel, we play all Sydney teams). So, going 3-1 will be a pass mark for me, but like I say, I'm nervous
All good points. Maybe Flanno has been holding back on the Couchmans etc in case they need to cover during origin. This insures they’d be fresh and fired up to impress our head coach for their first hit out

TheRev

First Grade
Origin players will still play round 12, so if anything it makes me a bit more nervous. Players like Burton, Crichton, and JAC will be looking to put in one last top performance before the team is officially released
Oh my bad, but yah atleast we will be full-strength also, perhaps one of the few games all year even.

since77

Juniors
If only Blakey boy could play like last year. Only player to really go backwards under Flanno. Maybe he needs those extra kilos to make the impact?
He was at best solid last year. Better than this year but let's not disregard what a sh*tshow 2023 was.
Blake fans love to trot out that he was our best player last year and that is only a demonstration of how diabolically woeful we were last year.
When Blake is your best player in a given year, then oh man you've had a pretty sh*tty year.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Origin players will still play round 12, so if anything it makes me a bit more nervous. Players like Burton, Crichton, and JAC will be looking to put in one last top performance before the team is officially released
Top performance or trying to avoid injuries if Madge has had a little word with them?

Latest posts