What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Canberra

Frank Facer

First Grade
Tom turbo is a fullback, why have a player out of position when it's not necessary. Roberts has to be in the team and preferably at centre, his speed is irresistible.
Tom Turbo has played for Australia at centre and wing. He also played centre and wing for Manly and was very good there. Tom would set up his winger better than Roberts would set up his winger. I like the idea of Roberts playing outside of Tom Turbo, I think Tom would provide him with some good ball. I think Tom is our best fullback, but I want to fit Teddy in. I think the 1-5 that I would pick for would be NSW best for a very long time.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Tom Turbo has played for Australia at centre and wing. He also played centre and wing for Manly and was very good there. Tom would set up his winger better than Roberts would set up his winger. I like the idea of Roberts playing outside of Tom Turbo, I think Tom would provide him with some good ball. I think Tom is our best fullback, but I want to fit Teddy in. I think the 1-5 that I would pick for would be NSW best for a very long time.
Roberts doesnt need to set up his wingers, they are 20 m behind him!

Uplifting

Juniors
I’d like to see Roberts in a position that means he gets plenty of ball and space to use his creativity. Centre, fullback or even in the halves.

And another crazy thought imagine Freddy just delivered a real bolter and picked Dufty as the SOO fullback.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
A mate was saying Dufty is a real “rocks and diamonds” type player.
While in the long term I’m not sure that will turn out to be true, if he keeps producing diamonds like that one yesterday I’ll put up with a few rocks along the way.
Much more diamonds, and with a bit more experience, will never be rocks again

ouryears

Bench
I’d like to see Roberts in a position that means he gets plenty of ball and space to use his creativity. Centre, fullback or even in the halves.

And another crazy thought imagine Freddy just delivered a real bolter and picked Dufty as the SOO fullback.

Roberts had to be centre or nothing.

Dufty, 2020 onwards SOO.

Uplifting

Juniors
If you think about it, Dufty kept Dugan out of the Dragons side. They opted to pass up on Duges and back the talent they already had coming through. No one seems to be complaining either.

And I don’t need to remind anyone that Duges played #1 for NSW. I’m not saying Dufty is ready, but it wouldn’t be that strange, it’s a possibility. The media is already speaking about Ponga for the QLD team somewhere.

giboz71

First Grade
I don’t even think Dufty is a lock for the Dragons fullback spot long term let alone Origin, hence he’s only signed to the end of next year.

Great player for sure and he won the game for us on Sunday.

But the defensive errors and the fact he continually gets bundled into touch is a worry for me.

Lomax when he gets his opportunity will challenge him. He’s 190cm and 94kg at 18, that’s the prototypical fullback body, much like Tommy Turbo.

Best case scenario is that they are both in the side, but it may come down to the club making the choice to make Lomax our superstar fullback long term.

saintm

Juniors
I don’t even think Dufty is a lock for the Dragons fullback spot long term let alone Origin, hence he’s only signed to the end of next year.

But the defensive errors and the fact he continually gets bundled into touch is a worry for me.

Lomax when he gets his opportunity will challenge him. He’s 190cm and 94kg at 18, that’s the prototypical fullback body, much like Tommy Turbo.

Best case scenario is that they are both in the side, but it may come down to the club making the choice to make Lomax our superstar fullback long term.
Lomax

Lomax will be a center

giboz71

First Grade
Lomax

Lomax will be a center

Remains to be seen.

Aitken and Lafai are on long term deals and we still have Mann, Herbert and even Marsters who may yet emerge.

There are no certainties where he will play, I’m guessing his manager will be pushing for him to be fullback to get spine cash and it may still be the best position for him.

Ideally, Dufty if he fixes his issues and Lomax in the same backline would be fantastic.

saintm

Juniors
Remains to be seen.

Aitken and Lafai are on long term deals and we still have Mann, Herbert and even Marsters who may yet emerge.

There are no certainties where he will play, I’m guessing his manager will be pushing for him to be fullback to get spine cash and it may still be the best position for him.

Ideally, Dufty if he fixes his issues and Lomax in the same backline would be fantastic.
Funny he has the same manager as Dufty... so the manager is in a win win situation

Frank Facer

First Grade
Remains to be seen.

I agree that Dufty and Lomax in the same backline would be fantastic. We should have had Lomax in from the start of the season.

giboz71

First Grade
Call me crazy but I can see Lomax as our long term fullback once he has done is time in first grade as a winger then right centre.

It’s a real possibility.

May go down the Turbo at RTS path and play a couple of years on the wing and then realise he needs more ball.

All in theory of course and he may not even live up to the hype. But it’s hard to ignore his physical gifts, has much more to offer than Dufty from the fullback position.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s a real possibility.

May go down the Turbo at RTS path and play a couple of years on the wing and then realise he needs more ball.

All in theory of course and he may not even live up to the hype. But it’s hard to ignore his physical gifts, has much more to offer than Dufty from the fullback position.

Well for every Dragon fan sake let's hope that Mary ( not that he will have any choice ) uses Lomax to the best of his ability so as to showcase his wares and for that matter Host and company .

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I agree that Dufty and Lomax in the same backline would be fantastic. We should have had Lomax in from the start of the season.
yep, for
Call me crazy but I can see Lomax as our long term fullback once he has done is time in first grade as a winger then right centre.
the important thing here is that Lomax doesn't become some other team's ace fullback/centre/winger, I would cry me a river if that happens lol.