What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12: Melbourne v Penrith @ Olympic

Earl

Coach
Will be coming off a disapointing loss against Manly.

Cam Smith, Matt King, Dallas Johnson and Greg Inglis will all be the talking point and whether or not they back from origin the key.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Matt Geyer
3. Jake Webster
4. Matt King
5. Steve Turner
6. Scott Hill
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Garrett Crossman
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Ian Donnelly
11. David Kidwell
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Brett White
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Ben Cross
17. Nathan Friend

18. Jeremy Smith-Adam Blair-Jamie Feeney-Chris Walker

Ian Donnelly's form is irresitable I think Bellamy will again go with him in the starting side. Ben Cross needs a run to. I've put him in at the expense of Adam Blair, who didn't show much against Manly.

Ryan Hoffman needs to revert back to the backrow. He's a decent stand in centre, but isn't getting a chance to show what he can do.

I think the captaincy rotation policy needs to end. We need a real on feild leader, some one the boys know to go too. I'd give Cam Smith the job as I think he's the best man for it. David Kidwell to be his understudy.

All of our SOO players should back up pending in jury...Ben Cross deserves a game and will add mongrel to the forward pack.

Cam Smith should be permanent captain..Geyer and Hill are not captains.

choc_soldier

Coach
Whatever team you guys field, it will be imposing.

On current form, I don't know if we would be good enough to get a win down there.

We will have to improve 200% on the past two weeks if we are even a chance of getting close. If we clock off like we have done against Souths and Parra, the Storm will actually make us pay dearly.

Looking forward to the challenge though! :)

shadow grinder

First Grade
will be a good game thats for sure.

I think our forwards have been going good even in some of the games we have lost white and donnelly have had good games..last year Kearns was really the only consistent prop.

Hopefully Cam is all good to go...we really missed him vs manly.

shadow grinder

First Grade
well i hope they all back up 100% fit. Its a 4 day turn around so they have enough time to get right. But cam directs the team around so much....

heres one for the hill haters....

1: smith samau (sp) (turner)
2: webster
3: slater
4: king
5: turner (samau)

6. inglis

13: hill

Johnson> second row with hoffman going to bench and someone dropping off.

----

Having Samau, inglis and slater in the same team!

shadow grinder

First Grade
Earl said:
Greg Inglis aint a 5/8 yet

oh i know that. but bellamy seems to think he will be a good 5/8 down the track..so he must be or have shown enough to make bellamy think that.

plus he has a huge bomb...and an alright passing game...thats already better then what Boofa brings to the 5/8 spot ;) and inglis is faster :)

We will smash Penrith...this will be a big win if Inglis, Smith & King back up.

Hill in the forwards does not bother me...Hill at standoff does...play Inglis there next year and free up salary cap to bolster the forwards next year. We will also need a backup hooker as Friend will be with Titans.

Earl

Coach
Greg Inglis is such a good fullback atm though. He is almost second to none in his kick return effeciency this year.

QldPanther

Juniors
We beat the Storm there last year in a game full of handling errors

However in 2004 I was down there for the 66-14 drubbing

Lets hope Penrith at least do their supporters proud.

Earl

Coach
Wouldn't suprise me (as long as the backs are full strength) to see Billy Slater start on the bench in Round 13.

MONY

Juniors
Turner will drop to either the bench or (if i got my own way) out of the team..