What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Tigers

LINESPEED

Juniors
Interesting that JP shifts to the right wing with Williame on the left.

Hmm ....

Much Ado ...

My 2 favourite b/hacks in a brawl over deckchairs on the Titanic.

Someone said Teflon had already jumped

... & was 1st into a lifeboat

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
If they are not ready then you do more damage than good. Griffin has the runs on the Board in terms of bringing through juniors...I trust his judgement...If SSE hasn't been picked there is a reason....

We currently have a large number of players out...our depth was weak even prior to that...
We are not talking a 1 year rebuild....we have had 8 years of mediocrity....you don't turn that around in 1 season....We currently can barely field a decent team...that's why Beale was bought in...to bring experience until the end of this year....

Re Norman...agree although again you need to fill his spot....I trust Griffin and co on this....Willame isn't working ?? he has been in and out of the side....we just need to get some experienced bodies in the team...

I think the bottom line is we all need to be patient....The NRL via their new rule has pretty much ruined our season.....
After 2.5 seasons I’m completely out of patience with Norman. The overall team effort to take the scum game to the death last week was incredible. Losing Ramsey & J Hunt during the game should have knocked us out. Even then we still should have won except Norman failed to ice the game despite multiple opportunities to do so.

We’ll see what team actually runs out this week but if Norman is there I just don’t see where the points come from. He’s only got 3 try assists in 10 games. Clune also has 3 try assists but in 6 games. While Sullivan is unavailable I’d take Clune over Norman any day.

Dragon David

First Grade
After 2.5 seasons I’m completely out of patience with Norman. The overall team effort to take the scum game to the death last week was incredible. Losing Ramsey & J Hunt during the game should have knocked us out. Even then we still should have won except Norman failed to ice the game despite multiple opportunities to do so.

We’ll see what team actually runs out this week but if Norman is there I just don’t see where the points come from. He’s only got 3 try assists in 10 games. Clune also has 3 try assists but in 6 games. While Sullivan is unavailable I’d take Clune over Norman any day.
Our goal kicking stocks are limited should Norman be excluded, which I'm doubting very much as Hook still sees Norman as essential to be in the team. Norman though is not our answer to many things including his goal kicking ability. I wonder if he practises goal kicking at training or in his spare time - whoops, spare time, no he would only do the basics I would imagine? You would think that someone earning top dollar would go all out to be better and do things to improve himself, but I don't think Norman is that someone. Hook HAS to get Norman doing these things if he wants to keep picking him. Just do it!!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Our goal kicking stocks are limited should Norman be excluded, which I'm doubting very much as Hook still sees Norman as essential to be in the team. Norman though is not our answer to many things including his goal kicking ability. I wonder if he practises goal kicking at training or in his spare time - whoops, spare time, no he would only do the basics I would imagine? You would think that someone earning top dollar would go all out to be better and do things to improve himself, but I don't think Norman is that someone. Hook HAS to get Norman doing these things if he wants to keep picking him. Just do it!!
Norman can only kick goals from adjacent to the posts. I noticed Bird kicked the last penalty so perhaps he’s sacked himself

BLM01

First Grade
Norman can only kick goals from adjacent to the posts. I noticed Bird kicked the last penalty so perhaps he’s sacked himself
His long kicking game and bombs are also the best we got although at times not great
He seems to be the only one that can take drop outs and field goals etc
Hunt is not good enough with bombs close to the the line and he doesn’t have a good kicking game from the left-hand side of the field

RedVDave

First Grade
I think Tigers have us covered in the backs but we have them covered in the forwards the benches are about the same.

Unfortunately we have never won in indigenous round but we seem to enjoy playing at Bankwest I think this will be a very very close game, possibly decided but a field goal again, would love to know everyone else's thoughts on the game.

TruSaint

Referee
I think Tigers have us covered in the backs but we have them covered in the forwards the benches are about the same.

Unfortunately we have never won in indigenous round but we seem to enjoy playing at Bankwest I think this will be a very very close game, possibly decided but a field goal again, would love to know everyone else's thoughts on the game.

Not confident.

getsmarty

Immortal

I don't disagree with you...also depends on combinations....I.M.O Clune will be snapped up by another club...Norman is just there until Sullivan is ready....

Norman does my head in....I just trust Griffin that he has a long term plan....Things don't change overnight...We are in the market constantly...if the jag the No 1 target they are after, we will all be more than happy....

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade

I didn’t realise that we’ve never won in indigenous round, In that case they should get us again. They beat us recently with a better team than this week.