What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Well. That was ugly. Griffin's answer (from the press conference) is to "start at the start again." If he means with Bennett, I'm on board.

One player made 100+ metres, which was Glenn. The next best forward was Hala with 70, and he's off the bench. Worst performance by a Broncos forward pack ever? I'll say. I shudder to think what it could have been had Matulino (120+ metres in 35 mins) and Lillyman (150+ metres in 40 mins) started the game. Also, zero runs from Wallace. Our dummy half ran not even once.

3 Hoffman
2 Glenn
1 Hala

Dazzat

First Grade
Also, zero runs from Wallace. Our dummy half ran not even once.

3 Hoffman
2 Glenn
1 Hala

I can only imagine Wallace's attitude going into last night's game. Being taken from No. 7 to dummy half - he looked disinterested and totally uninspired in attack, until he went back to the halfback role.

So, there we had a completely uncreative dummy half, feeding a small pack of forwards, running into one of the biggest packs in the competition.

Good one coach! At the press conference Griffin said that the positional changes played no part in the result ... are you kidding!

Things that need to happen immediately:

* McCullough back to Queensland Cup
* Retain Prince and Hunt in the halves for the rest of the season - after all they are looking like our long-term halves at this stage
* Wallace on the bench with Glanville or Baptiste to start

Never to play again: Maranta or Anderson.

Chainshada

Juniors
Your team shouldn't have been trampled in such epic manner, but the Warriors are a strange side. Our ladder position doesn't really reflect how we've gone this season...
indeed, aside from the thrashing two weeks ago, we've pushed all the top teams to narrow losses and have generally been going pretty well on a match by match basis.

We were in about the same position..we play well vs sides we should be thrashed by..and play like crap against what should be easy wins.

Lost by 8 to Manly
8 to Roosters
6 to Storm

Yet our performances against the Eels, Tigers, Dogs and Warriors have been pathetic.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
If you are one of those lower teams, you probably lift to play Brisbane because it is a good chance for a win.

The Manlys, Melbournes and Roosters don't have to be in top gear to beat them. Save that for a tougher opponent.

Big Pete

Referee
ranga - Stats. were adjusted and Reed only missed 3. He definitely had defensive lapses (eg. first Vatuvei try) but then again who didn't? What impressed me were some of the big plays he came up with (eg. big linebreak, set up for Prince try, nice cover tackle on Locke).

Missed tackle stats can be misleading too. They don't count players who trip up and aren't where they're supposed to be. Hunt would probably have 20 missed tackles to his name if that was included.

Credit to Elia too. No hindsight heroics, he came out before the game and bagged the selections (hell, he's been out since last season bagging the coach). We're all guilty of it, I know I've done it on occasion but it's a pet peeve when posters come out and say stuff to the effect of 'well that obviously wasn't going to work'.

Where were you guys pre-match then? I'm sure you had that opinion but gee it'd be nice to hear it before and not after.

I put my hand up, the experiment didn't work. I don't have a problem with Hook trying it because we were on a hiding to nothing going in but he should have fixed it up by at least half-time.

Ph1l

Juniors
Going for the penalty to level up at 8 all was inspired. Points were of a premium. Pity no one told the Warriors.