What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Sharks

Panfa

Juniors
Aekins had a great debut im happy for him to play fb till dallin comes back hes only fault was hesitating to catch a few bombs tonight let his wingers take them for him

age.s

First Grade
Aekins had 303 metres, 27 runs, 7 tackle breaks, 1 line break and an offload. Apart from his drop ball from one bomb he was great and didn't do anything wrong.

I rated him a mixed bag due to his positioning. Too far back on a few kicks. Poorly placed for one bomb in addition to the error.

That said he was good with the ball. Took a few strong hit ups. Always seemed lurking around the ruck which would have paid dividends on another night. The break was electric of course. A lot to like but not perfect. A 6 or 7 seems fair.

Panfa

Juniors
When all our players come back this should be our 1-17 zelezniak mansour peachey blake whare maloney cleary fisher harris kikau yeo merrin katoa campbell gillard tamou harawira neara leota hetherington

franklin2323

Immortal
I rated him a mixed bag due to his positioning. Too far back on a few kicks. Poorly placed for one bomb in addition to the error.

That said he was good with the ball. Took a few strong hit ups. Always seemed lurking around the ruck which would have paid dividends on another night. The break was electric of course. A lot to like but not perfect. A 6 or 7 seems fair.

Problem with lurking is he is too slow if something does happen. He certainly should play wing over Crichton though

GongPanther

Referee
He has been hugely underwhelming to me. His first 2 passes were almost at Merrins head instead of in front of his chest. His service also isn't particularly quick...and so far he doesn't seem to have a running game to make up for it that he has shown in 1st grade.
Sure,he hasn't been rocking the world as of late,but to me,and what I saw was more purpose and vim in his attack. He simply looked a lot sharper than usual which is promising for the club.

Kilkenny

Coach
I am absolutely gutted by another loss to our bogey team but here's a few observations;

We made more run metres, more line breaks, more offloads and made less missed tackles but another game where the rub of the green and bounce of the ball didn't go our way.

Matt Moylan obvious choice for MOM sadly won the game for them with moments of individual brilliance.

I normally try to avoid criticising the officials but seriously Matt Cecchin was very lenient on the Sharks. The majority of the penalties we were awarded we were on the attack inside there 20 metre zone rendering them meaningless. The penalties which make all the difference in a game are those one's coming out of your end or late in a tackle count and those were the ones he sought to gift the Sharks.

Caleb Aekins was outstanding on his debut, apart from the dropped Moylan bomb and I am absolutely flabbergasted reading some of the earlier posts on here who thought otherwise.

I thought the effort from all 17 players was outstanding and the scoreline does not do justice to the effort we put in tonight.

In closing, the Sharks took there chances on the back of some individual Moylan brilliance and we created plenty of opportunities but simply didn't make the most of them.

Kilkenny

Coach
One further observation in addition to what I have said above.

I note in some of the post game comments there was debate about the merits of Katoa & Egan and opinions varied on who offers more.

To be perfectly frank, in my opinion, I have yet to see anything from either that suggests a significant upgrade on what Peter Wallace gave to the team. At least Peter Wallace, when at least 80% fit could play 80 minutes and make 50 effective tackles per game.

betcats

Referee
I think long term Egan will be the guy if he can be an 80 minute player. He isn’t ready to start though and some of his passing is loose, it would stand out more if more if he was playing longer minutes and getting fatigued rather than just being injected when the coach feels it’s a good time and on top. Starting him and playing him longer minutes would be too much for him at this stage.

nulla boy

Juniors
Not really blaming him just pointing out how close we came to beating a full strength team who are probably going to finish top 4.
Full strength??
Missing Lewis, Dugan, Ramien. Bukuya missing 2nd half and Gallen, Prior recovering from the flu. Full strength my arse but you keep on making excuses.

Full strength??
Missing Lewis, Dugan, Ramien. Bukuya missing 2nd half and Gallen, Prior recovering from the flu. Full strength my arse but you keep on making excuses.
The average team of the Panthers players are 23 and under. You guys thinks that Shane Flannagan is a super coach, I would love to see how he goes as a bunch of relative inexperienced players.

nulla boy

Juniors
The average team of the Panthers players are 23 and under. You guys thinks that Shane Flannagan is a super coach, I would love to see how he goes as a bunch of relative inexperienced players.
Never said anything about age u Muppet, My point was apparently the sharks were at full strength last night when it's clearly obvious they weren't. And are u trying to say Penrith had an inexperienced team last night? LOL
Ur 2 starting props are origin players!
Penriths pack is obviously their biggest strength and it was at full strength last night so don't make out like Penrith were disadvantaged, with the exception of RCG of course

OldPanther

Coach
Full strength??

Wow you're a salty winner.

I thought you got Lewis back this week. My bad. You were also playing against a spine with a massive 13 - 15 games of experience.

Latest posts