What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 VS Dragons

OldPanther

Coach
So who thought our attack couldnt be better with Nathan on the field?

Highest score of the year with him on field. Its all about how theteam is playing more than the individuals. He's fitting into an expansive attack just fine. As if he wouldnt though. He will do exactly what the coach wants him to do...even if it wasnt his dad.

Best game I’ve seen from Cleary in a long time.

giphy.gif

Our attack cant be as good with Cleary in the team....

Imagie if refs werent out to f**k us toniggt? We couldve hit 50 if it werent for fictional reasons to keep scores closer byrefs

Who actually said that?

I said our best attacking halves combo is Maloney/Luai, not that our attack can never be good with Cleary in the team.

franklin2323

Immortal
Positive: Our attack finally clicked.

Negative: still bombed several tries and too many penaltes.

Much better performance

Biggest mistake you can make in analysing any sport is to just take one game and extrapolate it. Our attack was great tonight, but you need to see much more to see patterns. It could be we’ve fixed our attack, it could be we match up well against the dragons, it could be the dragons were rubbish or it could be a combination of any of those things.

Canberra a huge test, I suspect if we’re to win there it’ll be more of a grinding match.

Fangs

Coach
Geez the Dragons sucked tonight. Can't believe they put up that performance.

Well done Penrith. 40 points. Did not expect that.

Fangs

Coach
Naden. Same mistake two weeks in a row. He has to fix that. Otherwise he was excellent.

soc123_au

Staff member
Dragons were shit for the most part, but that was a great game for us. I'm loving this up tempo positive style of play.

Next week is a huge test. I'm confident they will be up for it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bill Slater was giving Nathan a huge wrap tonight.reckons he did a great job at playing straight. Drawing in defenders and creating space outwide.

Honestly though you can pinpoint some individuals mistakes.but not a single poor performance in the team again. 40 f**king points...7 wins in a row. Unbelievable. Confidence has grown and it shows

pandas

Juniors
Does anyone actually understand why the refs keep trying to f**k us so hard? Gus isn’t even at the club anymore. I’m loving how we are playing atm but even if we did go deep into September what chance would we have? It’s clear Klein, Sutton & Cummins hate us. And we just saw what happened tonight. So wtf do the officials have against the Panthers?

OldPanther

Coach
Biggest mistake you can make in analysing any sport is to just take one game and extrapolate it. Our attack was great tonight, but you need to see much more to see patterns. It could be we’ve fixed our attack, it could be we match up well against the dragons, it could be the dragons were rubbish or it could be a combination of any of those things.

Canberra a huge test, I suspect if we’re to win there it’ll be more of a grinding match.

It seems to me to be a bit of improvement each week. Completely right that Raiders will be our big test. We'll see what they are really made of next week.

There does appear to me a directive to move it wide more, but that may not work against every team.

Yeah some will defend better though our big edges seem to benefit a lot. Naden seems to be taking pressure off Kikau which is good.