What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 VS Dragons

kinghippo

Juniors
Does anyone actually understand why the refs keep trying to f**k us so hard? Gus isn’t even at the club anymore. I’m loving how we are playing atm but even if we did go deep into September what chance would we have? It’s clear Klein, Sutton & Cummins hate us. And we just saw what happened tonight. So wtf do the officials have against the Panthers?
I actually thought the refs had a decent game until the last 15 minutes when they went bat shit crazy.

pandas

Juniors
I actually thought the refs had a decent game until the last 15 minutes when they went bat shit crazy.
Kikau sin bin? Dufty shoulder charge? That has been awarded penalty try all season. I don’t think it was one but consistency is the point.

betcats

Referee
Mansour and Naden haven’t quite figured each other out yet, we need to be able to capitalise on linebreaks created around kikau so I’d be working on that all week.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Does anyone actually understand why the refs keep trying to f**k us so hard? Gus isn’t even at the club anymore. I’m loving how we are playing atm but even if we did go deep into September what chance would we have? It’s clear Klein, Sutton & Cummins hate us. And we just saw what happened tonight. So wtf do the officials have against the Panthers?
I've wondered the same thing. I don't know if its not Maloney getting in their face every time a call goes against us. Maybe he rubs them the wrong way. Might be why Ivan picked Tamou as Captain instead of Maloney.

kinghippo

Juniors
Kikau sin bin? Dufty shoulder charge? That has been awarded penalty try all season. I don’t think it was one but consistency is the point.
Yeah they were both bad calls but at least the game had a chance to get going.
we weren’t penalised out of the game in the ruck like we have been for a lot of the season.

pandas

Juniors
I've wondered the same thing. I don't know if its not Maloney getting in their face every time a call goes against us. Maybe he rubs them the wrong way. Might be why Ivan picked Tamou as Captain instead of Maloney.
Nah I think Maloney is good as Captain. Tamou’s too quiet and doesn’t question them enough. Jimmy is smart. Him talking to the refs is good. Feels like Panthers have an X against their name sometimes and I don’t get it. Been happening for a while now.

martielang

Bench
Tbh I thought it was a sin bin. They set the precedent early regarding late hits on play makers & they’ve been semi consistent with it. Was a silly play by Kikau.

martielang

Bench
Kikau is braced for the tackle before Nichols passes. What should Kikau do in that situation?

Only saw it at the game, thought it was late & he could of pulled out. Looked a bit like a shoulder charge too?? I stand corrected if what your saying is true.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
I think half the reason the kikau tackle looked bad was he was trying to pull out.
His arms ended up in a weird position.

pandas

Juniors
They're targeting late hits on playmakers in particular, not that I think it was late, but that’s their view.

Unfortunately we’re going to see the game get less and less physical in the future.
You’re probably right. The refs aren’t. It wasn’t late. The officials need to improve for the good of the game.