What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Cowboys

Rabbits20

Immortal
I suggest reading Facebook of us and other teams and getting to a few matches would be a good insight........

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We won 4 in a row late in 2016, but cooks influence was minimal. If he truly was a key part, we don't buy farah and we don't start him rd 1. What's always forgetten is Inglis stood up in those late rounds and Sam and reynolds went with him.

We had a good young hooker, but we forced him out of the club thanks to Rusty's drunken antics.

The fans have probably kept cook in the team longer then he should have been. It's political. If maguire drops cook, the fans kick up, they threaten membership cancellations etc/bad will, the club uses that against maguire to fire him. I think we've reached a point were enough is enough and start picking the best 'team' instead of the 'favourite' players.

You are right that the cap is a mess. Yet so many put their head in the sand for the cause. They then continually criticise some of the few players earning their keep. We continue to move on good squad players all we'll end up with is The Burgii, Some kids and some overpriced journeyman. We have to make do with what we've got for the next few years.

I personally believe that if you have the formula to win you don't change it. That's something that has been engrained on me throughout my life. Souths had the formula to win and they changed it. For me it's as simple as that. Cook was involved in that formula. Whether or not it was outside factors it doesn't change those facts.

I honestly doubt that's the reason cook is still in the team. Maguire has never listened to the fans before and won't start listening to them now. He is a coach that makes his own decisions and obviously has tried to find a role for cook outside of the starting 13.

If you want to talk about a player being undroppable talk about farah. It would make our club look like one of the dumbest clubs in the NRL (that's if we aren't already there).

The roster isn't the biggest problem even though it may seem like it. Souths need to remember how to win. I'm kind of glad Gray and Goodwin are getting moved on. They were never in our 2014 premiership winning side and they're never going to be on the same calibre of the players we had in the grand final. At least Souths are starting to get it right with Gagai.
We've missed a Dylan Walker type player for a while and Gagai is just that.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths til I die your sense is great but I don't think some get you.........

Look above at some evidence mate.....

BUNNY POWER

Juniors
Souths are now going to be paying in full for an ageing Farah next year which is estimated to be around 900,000 per season.
No, he's on around half that next season. We have 2 good hookers who aren't taking too much of the salary cap. It's one of the least positions we have to worry about.

BUNNY POWER

Juniors
The fans have probably kept cook in the team longer then he should have been. It's political. If maguire drops cook, the fans kick up, they threaten membership cancellations etc/bad will, the club uses that against maguire to fire him. I think we've reached a point were enough is enough and start picking the best 'team' instead of the 'favourite' players.
As if Madge is listening to the fans! You are sounding very delusional!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
No, he's on around half that next season. We have 2 good hookers who aren't taking too much of the salary cap. It's one of the least positions we have to worry about.

You're kidding yourself if you think Farah is on 450,000 next year... he was on close to a mil a year at the tigers..

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Madge's pregame interview is hilarious. "Yeah cowboys are a team that build a lot of pressure" hahaha I didn't realise that was something different to other teams.

BUNNY POWER

Juniors
You're kidding yourself if you think Farah is on 450,000 next year... he was on close to a mil a year at the tigers..
There was a news article at the time that said Wests Tigers were paying most of his contract for the first year, and that we were only paying around $450,000 for Farah for his second year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
There was a news article at the time that said Wests Tigers were paying most of his contract for the first year, and that we were only paying around $450,000 for Farah for his second year.

I'm pretty sure I read an article that said Souths were only paying 200,000 in the first year but we're going to have to pay for the full price in the second year which was an extra 700,000 extra or maybe it was 700,000. If that's true then Souths have f**ked up.

Latest posts