What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Saturday 17th March @ Panthers Stadium v Penrith

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Team is:

1. Alex Johnston
2. Richard Kennar
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Doueihi
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Sam Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Angus Crichton
13. Cameron Murray

14. Tyrell Fuimaono
15. George Burgess
16. Mark Nicholls
17. Junior Tatola
18. Robbie Farah
19. Jason Clark
20. Hymel Hunt
21. Vincent Leuluai
It's a strong team that on their day could definitely put some points on the scoreboard,can they stop the other team scoring more????????

OldPanther

Coach
It's a strong team that on their day could definitely put some points on the scoreboard,can they stop the other team scoring more????????

Do you have a minute to talk about our lord and saviour Griffinball?

Seriously though do you guys have a decent kicker now? Lining up against Cleary/Maloney for kicking is going to be rough. I would have rated Reynolds in that battle easily.

callmack1

Staff member
Happy with the line up this week apart from our second rowers, at least one of them should be on the bench.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I agree. I’m ready to give up on Reyno. When he isnt injured, he doesn’t actually play any good.

It’s really sad for me but we already have GI on a million dollars who is shaky himself. I think moving him on would be better for Souths and himself. Another club will definitely pick him up.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Do you have a minute to talk about our lord and saviour Griffinball?

Seriously though do you guys have a decent kicker now? Lining up against Cleary/Maloney for kicking is going to be rough. I would have rated Reynolds in that battle easily.

I think long kicking will be okay with doueihi but our short kicking game will probably struggle. Reynolds is half the player he was in 2014 these days.

callmack1

Staff member
Agree re Reyno but we shouldn't give up on him just yet. While he is very injury prone, this is early season and 2018 could still be a fantastic year for him.

Not good early on though and I'm really looking forward to seeing Doueihi on Saturday.

#thisishowwedoueihi

Curns13

Juniors
Agree re Reyno but we shouldn't give up on him just yet. While he is very injury prone, this is early season and 2018 could still be a fantastic year for him.

Not good early on though and I'm really looking forward to seeing Doueihi on Saturday.

#thisishowwedoueihi
He didnt play any trials because of injury and is out for 4 weeks after 1 game. This will be the third year outta the last 4 where he won’t have played 20 games. If Doueihi plays well, I wouldnt drop him.

doyen

Bench
Southy reckons Tracey isn't in our best 30.

I'd have Doueihi there!
DOUEIHI is firstly a 1/2 & a player with huge ability---he is tall & big for a 1/2[94kgs] & he is quicker than AR & has all the necessary skills--let's hope he shines & sends AR to No.9!!!!!!!!!
GI should be at FB purely for his defensive ability--there is no better sweeper in the game!!
AJ is a winger & should return there.
I'd consider Crichton at centre--he played a lot of centre coming through the Jnrs & was a star in that posse.He's certainly quick enough.
Sam should be playing a traditional front-rower,enforcer!! I see he's at 10 this week!

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade

#thisishowwedoueihi
Some mention elsewhere that Reyno was hit low in a sly tackle early in the warriors match and that is probably when the injury occurred.

southsport

First Grade
DOUEIHI is firstly a 1/2 & a player with huge ability---he is tall & big for a 1/2[94kgs] & he is quicker than AR & has all the necessary skills--let's hope he shines & sends AR to No.9!!!!!!!!!
Let's just hope that his goal kicking improves doyen.

doyen

Bench
Let's just hope that his goal kicking improves doyen.

Do you keep a player purely for his goalkicking?? In AR's case I would say YES but where would he fit in the team?? Build him up & give him a crack at hooker!!
Walker is a good kicker but possibly our best is COOK!

AR though, looks like he's a bit over the hill & certainly injury prone.
I don't think Seibs would be overly distraught with AR being out!

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Lets hear more about this newbie in the 7.

upload_2018-3-13_21-41-44.png

Is that accurate? Very tall halfback you have right there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
GI should be at FB purely for his defensive ability--there is no better sweeper in the game!!
AJ is a winger & should return there.
I'd consider Crichton at centre--he played a lot of centre coming through the Jnrs & was a star in that posse.He's certainly quick enough.
Sam should be playing a traditional front-rower,enforcer!! I see he's at 10 this week!
AR couldn't handle 9. His body wouldn't cope with the defensive workload!

Crichton would get caught out defensively at centre!

GI isn't up to fullback with his fitness. Gagai could play there though and Hunt to centre!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Do you keep a player purely for his goalkicking?? In AR's case I would say YES but where would he fit in the team?? Build him up & give him a crack at hooker!!
Walker is a good kicker but possibly our best is COOK!

AR though, looks like he's a bit over the hill & certainly injury prone.
I don't think Seibs would be overly distraught with AR being out!
Well he looked distraught in his insights this morning!

Cody to goal kick for mine!

handyman2190

Bench
I think long kicking will be okay with doueihi but our short kicking game will probably struggle. Reynolds is half the player he was in 2014 these days.
Cant be worse than Reynolds whos short and long kicking games have deteriiorated to shit even his goal kicking was out last week our spine is gone with or without him we need to buy find or steal a half unfortunately douihi whilst talented needs time