What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Cowboys @ Penrith

choc_soldier

Coach
Top win.

Now, if only we can do that EVERY week...

By the way, bad luck Cowboys - hope to still see you in the finals. Just consider this a minor hiccup... ;-)

Fibroman

First Grade
It wasn't a very physical game. Hopefully no injuries. We still have Girds and Amos to come back.

I don't think any of our forwards played particularly well, but when the game is played out wide, I guess they don't get much opportunity with the ball.

I was impressed with Pritchard when he got a run. He is very dangerous out wide.

Marty Lang never puts in a bad performance.

Gower and Campbell were both outstanding.

choc_soldier

Coach
Beersquad match report

ANOTHER HOME GAME, ANOTHER HUGE WIN

I think a trend is starting to develop here. Absolute world beaters at home, but absolutely terrible on the road. It continued last night, at home.

The team in the firing line this time were the Cowboys. Unlike previous years, they actually went into this game with quite a few wins under the belt, and holding a spot in top 8, on the verge of history - the first team from North Queensland to make an appearance in the finals.

However, the scoreline at the end of 80 minutes told the story. Panthers 56, Cowboys 6.

I don't know if it's the cold mountain air, or the buzz of the home crowd, but it seems as if they really do lift at Penrith, and just blitz the opposition. The last 3 home games have amassed 170 points, which means on average we have been putting over 60 on anyone who dares ventures west.

However, whatever it is, it is something that disappears when we are away from Penrith. We seem to get a terrible dose of stage fright, or we don't have the crowd to feed off, and we get lapped.

Next week is an away game against our fiercest of rivals - Parramatta. Hopefully it's a trend we can snap. We need to win both games to stave off the Dragons from getting that much appreciated 4th spot, which comes with a home final.

I for one do not want to go down to Wollongong again this year if it can be helped.

But back to the Cowboys match. Campbell, well, was on fire. It seemed as if it was truly a one man show, but support roles were coming in thick and fast. Pritchard's first game back truly showed why he will be big in the coming years. Our forward pack, led by Marty Lang and Joel Clinton, actually resembled human wrecking balls. Waterhouse re-captured his 2003 form, and Wesser did likewise. His last of his three tries turned the clock back.

The finals are fast approaching. The last two games will not be easy. But play like that, and it will definitely give us good reason to be confident of at least having a decent shot of defending our title.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I'm not going next week. Maybe I should. It seems Panthers win when I go. :mrgreen:

*Sandy*

First Grade
:lol: I can remember reading last year fans who wouldn't go to a game because they thought they had the wood on the Panthers! :mrgreen: It use to make me laugh to think that their existance would have a bearing on the game. :D

Big Artie

Juniors
fibro man said:
It wasn't a very physical game. Hopefully no injuries. We still have Girds and Amos to come back.

I don't think any of our forwards played particularly well, but when the game is played out wide, I guess they don't get much opportunity with the ball.

I was impressed with Pritchard when he got a run. He is very dangerous out wide.

Yes Fibro anybody wif eyes could c that PC & Gowie were good but 2 Say I dont think any of the forwards played particular well, what planet r U on. U have dead set lost it mate, hang out wiff the glory boys 8)

*Sandy*

First Grade
Don't talk to me about the hair! :evil: I spent 1/2 an hour this morning trying to tie it up somehow. Oh and the reason it got cut so short was because apparently there was a lot of dead hair! :? If the hairdresser could pick up that her hair had about 5 inch's of dead ends then why didnt she pick up that she has head-lice which I have been treating for the last 2 weeks! :lol: Fair dinkum! :roll:

Fibroman

First Grade
Big Artie said:
fibro man said:

Yes Fibro anybody wif eyes could c that PC & Gowie were good but 2 Say I dont think any of the forwards played particular well, what planet r U on. U have dead set lost it mate, hang out wiff the glory boys 8)

One thing I learnt doing uni assignments for other people Artie, was when you present an argument or an opinion, you back it up with a quote or an explanation of some kind.

All you ever do is bag my opinion but never offer any examples of why I may be wrong or why you may be right.

Get off the drugs, and maybe your brain will work again.

Latest posts