What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Fangs

Coach
Madden has 20 FG games, 0 finals games.

That would then mean they have a spine who have yet to play a game.

Meanwhile we have guys like Fish going for their 4th grand Final in a row, Still have 2 Clive Churchill medalists in our spine.

Storm and Roosters/Souths are the only side with vast finals experience besides us. The rest of the teams need all their ducks in arow

It's a good point but I think Reynolds has diminished importance in that Broncos team. Experience counts for a lot and we will know a bit more about them come finals week one.

I can see a future where the Bronocos win the comp without Reynolds. But if Walsh or Haas get injured I can't see a win.

Fangs

Coach
Cogger v Salmon at 6 is an interesting call.

Cogger in set plays did well enough last night. More comfortable than Salmon. But Salmon might edge him in defence. Neither are that quick however and can get burnt.

soc123_au

Staff member
Hopefully some positive news on Luai comes today. It would suck for him not to get his 3rd ring and give us sweet social posts to enjoy.

I think we got more out of last night as it was than cruising to another win. I'm only annoyed I didn't have a hundred on the Eels at $8.00. I was seriously considering it too.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Cogger v Salmon at 6 is an interesting call.

Cogger in set plays did well enough last night. More comfortable than Salmon. But Salmon might edge him in defence. Neither are that quick however and can get burnt.
Cogger was bloody awful at 6 against Manly

Fangs

Coach
Cogger was bloody awful at 6 against Manly

It's precisely why these games are required.

Similar to Crichton. It's obvious he is back up at fullback if we lose Dylan mid-match. We can't look at one crappy performance and strike a line. It's warm up essentially.

Iamback

Coach
It's a good point but I think Reynolds has diminished importance in that Broncos team. Experience counts for a lot and we will know a bit more about them come finals week one.

I can see a future where the Bronocos win the comp without Reynolds. But if Walsh or Haas get injured I can't see a win.

Every team is carrying injuries, I'd say even those 2. Sadly injuries will determine who wins the comp

Iamback

Coach
Hopefully some positive news on Luai comes today. It would suck for him not to get his 3rd ring and give us sweet social posts to enjoy.

I think we got more out of last night as it was than cruising to another win. I'm only annoyed I didn't have a hundred on the Eels at $8.00. I was seriously considering it too.

I got on them at 13+... thankfully we missed some conversions

Sime_11

Juniors
frustrating to watch last night - when its not your night, its not your night.

i thought the start of the second half represented us - have a really good set up the field, give away a stupid error or penalty and then get punished the next set. i have no doubt if we scored first in the second half that we go very close to winning.

Luai injury is very concerning - but i liked the chip kick from Cogger in the 2nd half, its something to work with - the bounce just didnt go our way - there was 2 certain tries tonight had the bounce been nice to us.

Edwards & Kenny as well as others out, cannot be understated - completely different team when we they are on.

Cleary's kicking and decision making needs addressing - i dont have confidence in us chasing a game with little time left - Cleary's criticism as being predictable just keeps reappearing - very Origin like last night by Nathan.

we'll bounce back - write Penrith off at your own Peril - a damaging loss is just what we need - eat that humble pie, rip in at training and go again next week - it just sucks that Romey is likely gone for 2023

Fangs

Coach
The expectations around young McLean were always not going to end well.

I watch a fair bit of NSW Cup, Flegg etc and he hasn’t actually shown enough to suggest he was ready for tonight.

He wii benefit enormously from the experience, exposed by a Eels side who were up for it tonight, no surprises there.

Ready or not I thought he was quite willing. Had some strong carries.

Eels were ruthless. They exposed him and To'o didn't trust him either. Also in front of a record sell out crowd against our rivals in a derby.

He had a tough night but as you said he will bounce back. I think he has a future.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Ready or not I thought he was quite willing. Had some strong carries.

Eels were ruthless. They exposed him and To'o didn't trust him either. Also in front of a record sell out crowd against our rivals in a derby.

He had a tough night but as you said he will bounce back. I think he has a future.
Probably needs 10kgs of muscle if he wants to play centre

Goonji

Juniors
Before the game i wasnt' happy with Crichton at Fullback, thought it should have been Jesse. Maybe then Sivo doesnt score all those tries.

Disapointed in the loss obviously but with all our players back and Cogger at five eight i still give us a great chance of the 3-peat. Last night was a good wake up call. If we weren't focussed before this game we are now. I believe we will bounce back. Sometimes a loss is a good thing. Feel sorry for Jerome, all the best in your recovery champ.

Go the Panthers!!!!!

19Panther90

Juniors
Tab was paying only $7 for Parra. Just the way we were playing last 2 weeks and how Parra always man up against us, I ended up putting $30 on them. I didn't mind us losing (I thought we needed to lose to be stronger in the finals), it is Luai being out that hurts. I felt numb all game as I am not a betting man.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Madden has 20 FG games, 0 finals games.

That would then mean they have a spine who have yet to play a game.

Meanwhile we have guys like Fish going for their 4th grand Final in a row, Still have 2 Clive Churchill medalists in our spine.

Storm and Roosters/Souths are the only side with vast finals experience besides us. The rest of the teams need all their ducks in arow
Exactly, look how Parra folded in GF.

Black Diamond

Juniors
It’s probably the loss we had to have really.

Vastly understrength, against a desperate side who played pretty well.

I think tonight if nothing else, just underscores how important Dylan Edwards is to our chances. I don’t think Chrichton was that bad, I thought he was fine, but just not Dylan.

I think we can bounce back, I think we could be good enough defensively to turns thing around and get to the dance but things are going to have to go our way from here.
Absolutely Dylan is the man. Apart from what he does with ball in hand and backing up breaks, we missed him barking orders on the line, he controls the defence. Such an important player to this team.