What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 (2006) Eels vs Sharks

Willow

Assistant Moderator
whistle_1.gif
Full time Scores

Sharks
Waken

The Power of One
710 words
Comments: One man teams, observations and perceptions. Could have done with some added flair but a well written piece.
Score: 80

Marc Herbert [CNTDN]
My Degree
750 words
Comments: A good foundation to start with and spot-on with some assessments. It meandered a bit but the spelling errors (including a player’s name, US spelling and actual spelling errors) were a little too numerous to go without notice.
Score: 79

Dread
Will the Sharks ever win a comp?
685 words
Comments: A difficult topic for fans to tackle when looking for answers. The author delivered a few home truths from the heart but did so in a concise and reasonable manner.
Score: 90

glockers*
Form Guide for Dummies
758 words
Comments: Form guide with the tongue firmly planted in the cheek.
NB: author should use the official F7s word counter in future essays as it may differ from MS Word.
Score: 88 minus 2 points word count penalty
Score: 86

griffo346
REFEREES; WHY CANT THEY BE CONSISTANT
450 words
Comments: Ref consistency or lack of - a question asked every weekend and well appreciated by fans and commentators alike. Essay was a little underdone – rushed perhaps. A little more research may have helped to elaborate the point. Spelling and other errors (such as two different spellings of a referee’s surname) didn’t help the cause.
Score: 69

TOTAL SHARKS: 404

Eels
Bubbles
The Big Top
749 words
Comments: Another in-depth analysis of a team’s performance and from a different angle. Great metaphors and comparisons that didn’t miss the mark.

blackfriday*
FAIRYTALES: FALSE HOPE OR A NEW BEGINNING?
692 words
Comments: Good analysis of the difficulty facing premiers in trying to back up the following year.
Score: 87

eloquentEEL
Who the hell is Jay Jay?
743 words
Comments: Very well researched tribute to the JJ Giltinan Shield and the man it was named after.

Goleel
Best Friends Forever?
749 words
Comments: A cutting caricature of the relationship between Parramatta and Jamie Lyon. Nicely written and an original approach.
Score: 85

Bartman
The quest for success…
750 words
Comments: Well written and the difficulty level of the subject matter gained a few points. Maybe a tad over engineered in places.
Score: 83

TOTAL EELS: 435

EELS 435 DEFEAT SHARKS 404
Players Of The Match (POTM):
Dread (Sharks), Bubbles (Eels), eloquentEEL (Eels)

*NB: Players are asked to nominate their team before posting. Thanks.

Congrats to captains and players. Well played everyone. :clap:

The Piper

Juniors
Thanks for marking, Willow.

Congratulations Eels. 435 is just too good.

Well done Sharks, still very good articles in defeat. I tell you what; have a break until the 7th!

And was just wondering how The Colonel knew of the scores before the ref posted it in the thread?

The Colonel

Immortal
Waken said:
And was just wondering how The Colonel knew of the scores before the ref posted it in the thread?

I definitely posted after the points were put up - I'm just as confused as to what happened their myself...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Colonel must be psychic.

Thanks for the solid refereeing work Willow, thanks for the game Sharks and congrats to my team mates on our third straight win to start the season and especially Bubbles for the third straight POTM... definitely the buy of the season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Waken said:
I posted twice. Colonel saw the first post. The first effort had formatted wrong in the edit window. So I deleted it and posted again. Didn't think anyone would be that quick. :D

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Willow said:
I posted twice. Colonel saw the first post. The first effort had formatted wrong in the edit window. So I deleted it and posted again. Didn't think anyone would be that quick. :D

Willow, you should know you can't get one past the Colonel :cool:

The Piper

Juniors
The Colonel said:
I definitely posted after the points were put up - I'm just as confused as to what happened their myself...

lol, you've inadvertently gone back in time, Colonel. If you could figure out how you did it, you could really use this to your advatage in F7s! :lol:

And with glocker's article, he hasn't counted the numbers of each of his points. Guess that is the referees decision if numerals are included in the word count. They should be counted in the case of them representing a word, e.g "Wesser wears the 1 on his jersey."

glockers

Juniors
Thanks for the reffing willow.

Parra well done. You guys are definately a benchmark team with many of the best posters here in my opinion.

Sorry Sharks about my penalty.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Waken said:
And with glocker's article, he hasn't counted the numbers of each of his points. Guess that is the referees decision if numerals are included in the word count. They should be counted in the case of them representing a word, e.g "Wesser wears the 1 on his jersey."
Not the referee's decision as such. Numbers are counted as words in the official word counter. That's the agreed standard used by referees and is in the rules. In effect the referees are bound by those rules.

I made mention of it in the comments. I think its a good idea to always check with the F7s word counter.

The Colonel

Immortal
Willow said:

I'm full of beans tonight W. Too many Krispy Kremes and bottles of coke watching the game tonite after I missed dinner at the game.

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Sharks for the game, Willow for the masrking, and Colonel for the telepathy.

Congrats to Dread, Bubbles and Eloquent, great reads.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Colonel, since you seem to know the score prior to announcement, where should my money go on tomorrows games!?

Bubbles

Juniors
Very cruel trick to play Colonel on a very hung-over woman!!

Great game Sharks, thanks Willow for the marking and congrats to Ee and Dread - been a while since I've been involved in a "three-way"!!!

edabomb

First Grade
Well done Eels.

My bad guys, I'll put more effort and proof reading into my next effort.