What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not denying that.
He's also a great leader.
He's just not a game winner.
He's getting older and slower.
We need someone more dynamic at the back.
I'd be happy for him to move to the centres, but a 9 he is not.

He is far to slow for centre but and can not bust the line. Personally I'd let him take as much of this season off to get right for 2025. Our season is shot as a club.
Being a 14 isn't the worse thing in world. And he may come back and play well for 2025. Might.be a case ofresting him if games over or every 3 or 4 weeks.
I think Blayze gave us an idea what a fullback with speed does for the attack. It puts defences into two minds. With Guth they know he is going to pass. Amd if he runs who cares they'll catch him

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
He is far to slow for centre but and can not bust the line. Personally I'd let him take as much of this season off to get right for 2025. Our season is shot as a club.
Being a 14 isn't the worse thing in world. And he may come back and play well for 2025. Might.be a case ofresting him if games over or every 3 or 4 weeks.
I think Blayze gave us an idea what a fullback with speed does for the attack. It puts defences into two minds. With Guth they know he is going to pass. Amd if he runs who cares they'll catch him
That play towards the end where Sanders passed back on the inside to Talagi flying through was something I haven’t seen for a long time from us and I don’t think Gutho could have done it. Sure Blaize f**ked it up a bit with the pass but it was pretty exciting.

That play towards the end where Sanders passed back on the inside to Talagi flying through was something I haven’t seen for a long time from us and I don’t think Gutho could have done it. Sure Blaize f**ked it up a bit with the pass but it was pretty exciting.

confirms kid that Talagi with the one handed pass.

BA needs to leave him in the team now. Said this at the start of the year but then our coach crumbled and dropped. Leave him in the team whether at 3/4 fullback and let him develop ffs.

JokerEel

Coach

That was beautiful and it opened them up so easily..

eel01s

Bench
I think Gutho deserves the chance to come back from his injury and see how he has recovered. He has been our best player for a long time.

We need a good number 12. Not a average one, a good one. One that troubles the defence. Arthur is still a year or two away and we can't wait.

hindy111

Post Whore
The roosters will knock on the door of Penisini

Apparently the rugby guy they spend will play centre. Dom young on one wing and Toupo one more year. I think they'll make a huge play for Cobbo. I also reckon the fact they had strong Flegg last season they'd have a back ready to burst onto the scene.
They'll have a crack this season take a back stepmin 25 and build for 2026

Parra Pride

Referee
Apparently the rugby guy they spend will play centre. Dom young on one wing and Toupo one more year. I think they'll make a huge play for Cobbo. I also reckon the fact they had strong Flegg last season they'd have a back ready to burst onto the scene.
They'll have a crack this season take a back stepmin 25 and build for 2026
Wasn’t Dom Young moving in the centres their plan? The Penis would look good in a competent side like that though.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yeah let's not move the Penis to accommodate Blaize. If fullback is going to be his spot he can spend some time on the wing with the training wheels on.
No. Penisini is not an edge forward
If your going to move him from centre, wing would be the more likely spot
It's more about how we can get easily rid of Lane, if we're trying to keep Talagi and if Gutho plays on...

emjaycee

Coach
Blaize can do a season on the wing just like minichello or rts
Both Minichello and RTS didn't move into fullback full-time until their 4th season of first grade - not sure Blaize, Gutho or even us fans can wait that long. And Mini did it in the early 2000s, RTS about a decade ago. Have the style and size of wingers changed too much since then? The number of hitups needed from a winger these days and I am not sure Talagi has has the right body (strength) to keep pounding it up all game.

Last edited:

Gherkin

Juniors
Lomax has played his best football on the wing. Powerful out of his own half (which penrith have shown is a vital strength for wingers), great under the high ball, less opportunity to throw his shit flick balls.
Guthos first origin series is remembered for one bad missed tackle, but he set up his winger really well in attack. Plus with his work ethic I think he’d end up good defensively there.

Talagi
Simmo
Penisini
Guth
Lomax
Dyl
Moses

chances of having everyone fit at the same time is unlikely so gives us coverage across all positions

Pazza

First Grade
Both Minichello and RTS didn't move into fullback full-time until their 4th season of first grade - not sure Blaize, Gutho or even us fans can wait that long. And Mini did it in the early 2000s, RTS about a decade ago. Have the style and size of wingers changed too much since then? The number of hitups needed from a winger these days and I am not sure Talagi has has the right body (strength) to keep pounding it up all game.

Our wingers haven't been able to since 2019